1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: HOU trading Ariza + 16th to Detroit for Space + 2021 second rounder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Nov 18, 2020.

1. StrawberryJamm

Embarrassing. I don't blame anyone for jumping ship. Fertitta is the worst, Stone is just his puppet.

2. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

2021 - OKC swap
    2021 - Detroit FRP (top 16 protected)
    2021 - Portland FRP
    2022 - Own FRP
    2023 - Own FRP
    2024 - FRP to OKC
    2025 - OKC FRP swap
    2026 - FRP to OKC
    2027 - Own FRP
    2028 - Own FRP

Anyone know if the 2021 pick from Portland is protected?

Pat, Rockets FTW and D-rock like this.
  3. Dalton Pence

Dalton Pence Member

So we ultimately traded Clint Capela for two firsts, one that we won’t even likely get til like 2026. Just to duck the luxury tax...and people want to know why Harden doesn’t want anything to do with organization

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't like the trade, but it shows me Stone isn't afraid to get creative. It'd underwhelming for sure.

May allow us flexibility for Stone to work. Let's see what happens.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty sure i read it is, for some at least two/three years, again, i'm not 100% sure but i don't think i'm wrong.

D-rock likes this.
  6. jowman

jowman Member

Casuals will say they tried real hard to sign Ibaka. Tilman smiling knowing no one gonna want to sign here this year.

To break the trade into two parts to make it look like he “paid” for a pick is prime tilman. He thinks the fans are that dumb and sadly many are proving him right.

7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Lottery

8. Spooner

Spooner Member

Covington had one of the best deals in the league. He's a player that any team in the league would want. The best you can do is a heavily protected 1st that might never come to us and a first that will probably be in the 20's next year. THAT IS COMPLETE HORSE****.

IF YOU WANT CAPSPACE THAT BAD FOR AN MLE PLAYER (WHO TF IS GOING TO SIGN HERE.) DONT YOU THINK MAYBE OFFLOADING GORDON WOULD HAVE BEEN SMARTER??? IM NOT EVEN GOING TO GO INTO IF A TOP 16 PROTECTED FIRST IS EVEN FAIR VALUE FOR GORDON LET ALONE COVINGTON. WHY NOT JUST KEEP THIS PICK AND TRADE GORDON IF YOU ARE SO DESPERATE FOR $$$$$$$$$

BUT BY ALL MEANS OFFLOAD ONE OF OUR BEST ASSETS FOR CAP SPACE.

9. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I don't know which team is a bigger dumpster fire.... Texans or Rockets

cmoak1982, everyday eddie and ksny15 like this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Stone is cooking something up

Rockets FTW likes this.
  11. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

On the verge of ordering my last rockets purchase until
    New ownershipppppp

you guessed it... I am BUYING a custom rockets jersey number 17 with LTS on the backkk

and I’m buying it from a Chinese shop so tilly gets 0!!!!!

12. Philosophia

Philosophia Member

I think it’s top 14 protected

D-rock and DM'sVP like this.
  13. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Yeah I can already hear it.

"We thought we had a deal lined up with a free agent, it didn't work out. We're staying aggressive and keeping our flexibility."

D-rock and psaman17 like this.
  14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Let’s say they actually plan on spending the MLE okay. You have Harden in his prime right you need to capitalize on that. You have just created a MASSIVE hole at the SF/PF position. So not only do you need to replace what RoCo brings which the MLE isn’t going to get it done but you have to then add talent on top of that. It’s not happening. This team is going to be significantly worse off than last year once you factor in the disgruntled stars.

joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  15. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Whats scary is that there are posters here who actually buys into Tilman's narrative. People are so gullible.

When free agency comes and goes and we dont spend a penny or spend about a one year 4 million deal on some journeyman, Tilman will come out and say we missed our guy and got unlucky. Whelps until next time!!

D-rock and jerryclark like this.
  16. Chamillionaire

I feel like I'm losing years off my life because of TF. Mother****er.

17. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

It's good to have hope :(

18. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

2 questions. 1) will we even use the full MLE this year? 2) if we do, will that player be any better than RoCo?

19. jowman

jowman Member

Reports are gonna come out how the rockets are swinging for the fences to bring in Ibaka. Fans will be like maybe I misjudged fertitta.

don’t believe any of it. Unless we see Ibaka in a rockets jersey it’s another fertitta con.

BHannes2BHonest, joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  20. anchel

anchel Member

Liked the first trade. Not impressed with this 2nd... I think we could have gotten a less overprotected 1st round pick from Detroit.
    If this is all to get a quality player for the NT-MLE... we already had one in Rob Covington, plus we had the right to use the taxpayer MLE. Ok, we have now an extra 1st pick and like 2 or 3 extra 2nd rounds, still cant see the clear WIN after all this. Do you?

D-rock likes this.