1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want at pick #16 tonight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sooty, Nov 18, 2020.

?

Who would you go with at #16?

Poll closed Nov 18, 2020.
  1. Tyrese Maxey

5.9%
  2. Kira Lewis Jr

11.8%
  3. Aleksej Pokusevski

23.5%
  4. Precious Achiuwa

10.3%
  5. Patrick Williams

4.4%
  6. Cole Anthony

13.2%
  7. Other

16.2%
  8. Trade

14.7%
  1. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Meh... let me know when that Von Wafer talent drops to us

Sooty, saleem and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Poor court vision won’t go away, I think his turnovers is partly because of his ball handling in the open court. NBA defenses will certainly exploit that. Nevertheless, I still see talent in him, with growth potential offensively. I’m not sold on him, but I admit I like him.

3. saleem

You made me laugh!

jamisonrocket likes this.
  4. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

It's 2020... it's about the little things in life now

D-rock, BHannes2BHonest and saleem like this.
  5. saleem

Very true.

jamisonrocket likes this.
  6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Cole Anthony... I've heard he has bad shot selection... Should fit right in!

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

With the 16th pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, the Houston Rockets select Anxiety BeWell out of RimJob University
    [​IMG]

D-rock and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

There are no Kawhi's in this draft IMO.

The best 3-D guys in the first round lack a Kawhi like combo of explosiveness & length (7'0 wingspan or better).

Patrick Williams is probably the closest due to his explosive athleticism, 6'11 wingspan and strong frame but does not seem to have that killer instinct.

Okoro is high end athlete too but even shorter than PT at 6'5 with 6'9 wingspan. Reminds me of a lesser Justin Anderson.

McDaniels has the length (6'10 with 7'0 wingspan) but not not quick twitch athlete. He is mostly potential on offense and defense right now, none of his skills are notable.

Tyler Bey has wingspan (7'1) and athleticism but only 6'6 and plays like a 4 plus not great passer or ball handler and has a flat shot.

Nesmith is underrated defender but is no where near the athlete or as long as above guys. But excellent 3ball shooter.

I favor the 2nd rounders in terms of defensive upside honestly. Players like the following:

I mentioned 6'9 Paul Reed who has 7'2 wingspan and great feet to defend 1-5. Very twitchy, attacks passing lanes with gusto and fierce above the rim finisher.

Robert Woodward only 6'6 but 7'2 wingspan. He reminds me of PJ Tucker a little, strong enough to defend 5's and quick/long enough to defend 1-4.

6'5 Jay Scrub only has 6'10 wingspan but his explosiveness, speed, confidence and lateral agility make up for lack of length. Very skilled on offense as well, true 3-D player.

6'11 Lukas Richard (7'2 wingspan) also crazy athletic with excellent lateral agility to switch 1-5. But his intangibles (or lack thereof) are worrisome, compared to WCS in size and potential but they also share same lack of fire at times. Also inconsistent production in college.

6'7 Abdoulaye N'Doye (7'3 wingspan) plays tenacious defense and ball thief, can guard 1-4 just not above rim player. Needs to get stronger but he is very underrated IMO.

Udoka Azubuike is a powerful 6'11 260 with 7'7 wingspan. Very explosive for his size, 37 vert for a modern 7 footer is unheard of. Can switch 3-5 without being liability due to his condor like wingspan, his lateral ability likely improves if he losses another 10-12 lbs.

I have 2 players that really intrigue me who may go undrafted:

I am a huge fan of 6'9 Mamadi Diakite (7'4 wingspan) who runs the floor like Rodman (with same blond dyed hair) and can defend 1-5 like Luc. Very raw on offense other than spot up 3ball however.

6'8 Josh Hall is straight out of HS, only 19, but 7'0 wingspan and quick twitch athlete with guard skills.

Sooty and saleem like this.
  9. saleem

Thanks, I really appreciate your hard work and effort.

D-rock likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Obi Toppin cared about defense more, he could be very good defender at 6'9 with 7'2 wingspan and above rim play.

A little stiff hipped but should still be a much better defender.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Whoever has the most upside, even if it means taking a risk. But something tells me we might see some massive trades.

12. Possum

Possum Member

Vernon Carey

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Can we move back in the draft? Haha

14. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

Aaaand it's gone

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

You got your wish. We moved all the way to 2021!

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  16. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well that sucks

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I didn’t expect Ariza to be around or the pick......I stayed away from looking at draft boards for that reason.

Now they might get Ibaka or Baynes and could run it back. I’m still looking for Westbrook trade (but not Harden)

18. macan

macan Member

lock this thread