1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman's Support for Trump is Causing the Rockets Dysfunction?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BleedRocketsRed, Nov 17, 2020.

1. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

The same James Harden that was one of the only players in the bubble not to have some stupid political message on his back, is now getting political. Lulz, these reporters think we are stupid.

2. Newlin

Newlin Member

It could be a factor. But really I think it is Tilman's complete personality that people don't like. He's a big mouth know it all. That rubs people the wrong way.

I think MDA and Morey jumped ship because they didn't like Tilman. I think Harden and Morey had a good relationship, so now Harden has soured on Tilman.

It's not a good thing when an owner is viewed in a negative light by the players around the league. I really hope that Stone can emerge as the guy people think of when they think of the Rockets.

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Sure. Being fiscally conservative and supporting Trump are massively different agendas though. As someone who thinks a healthy cycle of replacing the party in the White House every couple of terms is good...Trump is unquestionably bad for America. Period. He appealed to confederate flags and anti-BLM messaging; there's no more obvious impact on NBA players than what Trump has shown

4. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

That is gross it makes a big difference supposing Trump geez no wonder.

5. showa13

showa13 Member

With being a professional athlete, you should know that the majority of ownership in sports leans conservative(less taxes on their millions/billions). And while I don't blame them for being upset with Tilman's unapologetic support of the orange parasite(prob the nicest thing I could bring myself to call him), this seems like a scapegoat reason for everyone to want out. Tilman, as an owner, has been a whole disaster and they're just trying to abandon ship while giving a reason that distracts from them just wanting out cause of Fertitto

burlesk likes this.
  6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

LOL. In other words, I have no idea how true this is.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I'm a big Harden fan but this is STUPID whether true or not. If James wants out I get it, playing with KD will give him a shot but why politicize it in this day & time? The basketball reasons are legit enough for him to leave, you don't have to polarize it with this crap. I hope its not true but it's really dumb either way.

8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I'm pretty sure some of the guys have gone the "Morgan Freeman" route and have conscientiously shut off all forms of social justice and used their wealth to insulate them from the "have nots" social issues. At that point they are going through the "PC" motions but secretly voting for what helps personally.

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

Yes, sport team owners supporting repulicans is nothing new but what president has been as unprofessional and divisive as Trump has?

With that said, I thought Harden wasn't a political guy lol

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'd say fertatta's natural disposition to being a cheap A-hole is the main driving factor.

burlesk and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. tonyj1965

tonyj1965 Member

That's funny.

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

You know you can be a republican or conservative and not support Trump...look at Mitt Romney, Lisa Murakowsi, Susan Collins, and Sasse from Nebraska. Unfortunately, they are the only ones on that side that have any balls (and 2 of them are women!) as the rest of those turd sandwiches are too afraid to speak out against Trump.

I never really had a good feeling when Uncle Les sold the team to Tilman and reading stuff like this doesn't help.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Harden seems to largely be apolitical. If this report is even a little bit true, it’s not about politics, it’s about race and Trump’s attitude wrt race relations. It would be stupid if Harden or any other player demanded a trade because an owner was Republican, but Trump is not a typical Republican and this year has not been a typical year, especially when it comes to race. And while Harden doesn’t seem to care much about politics, he certainly cares about race relations.

14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Maybe yes, or maybe no, but if it is true, then I through Harden is a real man to standup against so-called bad person in general.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

17. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

People would argue that supporting Trump isn't just a "political leaning," but more of a moral question.

18. JW86

JW86 Member

PR stunt?

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It wasn't because of his political leanings. It's because he's a cheap ******* that doesn't know how to run a team. In his other business, he can treat his employees like crap because they are for the most part expendable and easily replaceable. The NBA is a different animal all together. It's not even like the NFL. You can't win in the NBA without being a place that stars want to play.

clos4life, luckyman76 and HP3 like this.
  20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Tilman is straight up a POS all by himself. You don't need anyone or anything else to explain it. I thought his greed would make him do right by the team but he even f***ed that up.

rockbox, clos4life and HP3 like this.