1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

saitou, Yung-T and Ziggy like this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Damn, very nice!

3. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

$RIOT . Watch out for this one. Might go parabolic as BTC approaches 20k

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Just buy Bitcoin instead.

5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Haven't done a lot of research on this, but have heard from some people working in IT departments and read articles about how MSFT Dynamics could be a long term threat to CRM while Hubspot continues to gain share among SMEs. Don't know enough to make an assessment on CRM's future prospects, so I closed my position for a small profit to stick to other stocks I have more confidence in.

I'm with you on NET and CRWD, been long on underlying since $38 and $110. Also DCA'ing into SNOW.

6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

too expensive

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I said that to myself when it was at 3K, lol.

Yung-T and Rodman23 like this.
  8. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Last time it went on a run I got in at 16k then it dropped to 9k lol. It might be different now but just other safer bets out there for me personally

Sajan likes this.
  9. adoo

adoo Member

so noted,

but this resonates more w me

salesforce.com grew its net income at a significant rate of 48% in the last five years. from this one can infer that
    it is possible that the company's management has made some good strategic decisions

comparing with the industry net income growth, salesforce.com's growth is quite high when compared to the industry average growth of 30% in the same period,

[​IMG]

saitou likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This was pretty much me. I got in early, it went up a lot, I put more in, even dabbled into Litecoin, then eventually it all crashed and I just let it sit and REFUSED to get back in when it showed promising signs of life.

After my previous allotment spiked enough I finally put more in about a month ago and it's been going hard in the paint since. But I'm getting the **** OUT if it nosedives again.

It was HARD to force myself back in after getting burned that last time.

On CRM - there's a zillion CRM's out there and new ones every day, yet it dominates the market. I cant see it not being the far-and-away industry leader anytime soon. When that time comes, you'll probably see it coming, like Oracle.

Rodman23 likes this.
  11. adoo

adoo Member

BX appears to be breaking out towards the pre-pandemic level

[​IMG]
    Blackstone is one of the world's leading private equity / investment and advisory firms

12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

She then turned in her hundreds of millions into bananas. Pyramids and pyramids of bananas.

Other monkeys stormed her straw hut and managed to burn it all down.

Sajan likes this.
  14. adoo

adoo Member

tableau has been one of CRM's recent acquisitions, corroborating this point

fwiw, tableau has been used in contact tracing for the pandemic​

saitou likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Holy **** SONOS! I'm RICH! Lulz. Not really, but finally caught a BIG break. So far.

tinman likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. That's a biotech company that one day woke up and said "ok, nevermind that, we're a blockchain company now". Be careful. :D

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sonossssssssssssssssssss @tinman knows

tinman likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes 99ers know, not those dumb tech hating idiots in the D&D
    they can stick their insignia sound bar up their Element TVs

Sajan likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Up 25% in 25minutes! Like T-MAC but GOOD.

tinman likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's not just Tableau which is a basically a great data visualization tool -- Salesforce has a sub-offering called Work.com that they started offering for companies to help manage things like contact tracing long before most companies even thought about what to do during the pandemic. I think they rolled that out back in April-June. They were really proactive in that area by marketing not "another CRM", but a product to specifically help track, trace, and manage your company during COVID.

I've been in CRM since February when I bought it around $180 after it went down something like $10, but then the market tanked in March, so I thought I had gotten in too early. I had thought about buying it back when it was sub-$100, but never did. I bought more in March/April around $140-$150 or so to DCA and just held on, so it's been good to me. The main reason I did so is that while there are more competitors in the sphere, Salesforce has been increasing/holding their marketshare. IDC recently posted that they have something like a 20% revenue marketshare in the market. Their nearest competitors had something like a 5% share of the market. SAP was once their biggest competitor, but recently reported poor earnings and got slapped.

I admit I want to sell because the market may be overbought, and I'm fearing a sell-off so I want more money to dump in if it does sell off, but I'm up enough to where I can risk a pretty big drop and still make money.

saitou likes this.