1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta 'is hellbent on reducing payroll'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Nov 17, 2020.

1. HardenVolumeOne

bruh they legit almost trying to hire John Lucas. Who wasn’t even an assistant coach last year. That told me this dude was broke

2. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Less is more.

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

False. Those guys understand winning.

4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I'll still watch every Rockets game, I'll just do it on buffstreamz. I'll still buy Rockets merchandise but I'll do so from Alibaba. If I NEED to see a live game when they come back I'll do so as the away team. Full financial boycott till this POS sells the team. And you can forget about any of the shitty restaurants. We should all do the same.

tochiee22 and ksny15 like this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Fertito was cheap before Covid but after Covid, he became a lot worse.

amaru likes this.
  6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Does this surprise anyone? He has no desire to do what’s necessary to win. He’s going to waste Harden here and not maximize the value we would get for him.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not for that aircraft company . . .. . dismantle and sell off the parts!

Rocket River

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said. You posted that Fertitta is “a poor communicator.” You’re right. He is. The irony is that the man is convinced that he is a great communicator. It is the pity of the world that we’re saddled with the guy, and thanks to Les Alexander.

Les is a savvy investor. He purchased the Rockets for a fantastically low price and, after more than a couple of decades, sold them for what is essentially a $2 billion dollar profit. Not only that, he sold them to a fool who was willing to borrow a chunk of the purchase price from Alexander. Les can’t lose. If/when Fertitta defaults on the loan from Alexander, my guess is that our former owner will be able to repossess if not all, at least a major percentage of the Rockets franchise. Should that happen, Alexander would be able to sell his share of our team again. While that’s a guess on my part, I doubt if I’m very far off with my speculation.

Want to add another thing I agree with in your post. Some members keep blaming Morey for the Westbrook deal. Many of us, including @Clutch I believe, think that it wasn’t Daryl’s desire at all. It’s what his boss demanded. Morey had no choice, in my opinion.

IvanLCPM, HP3, clutchdabear and 7 others like this.
  10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I speculated that Les financed a portion of the team for that exact same reason. As someone who works in distressed debt, I have many times seen smart investors make loans on assets primarily because they want to own that asset at some point, not necessarily because the interest income is appealing.

clutchdabear, D-rock and Deckard like this.
  11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I'm thinking its time for Tilly to take ownership of the Rio Grande Valley Vipers
    He can save a lot of money with that team and give his son time to learn the GM trade without screwing with OUR team.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Les is more.

Than Tilman.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Could you imagine if Les ends up owning the team again because Firtatta defaults on his loans

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We would see our 2 trophies again. it is a good thing Les took it, or Tilly would of sold it to cover his assets.

15. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Even this nonsense about wanting an MVP for Harden is greed based. Tank you god damn idiot. Nobody is trading a Giannis or Luka for Harden. Makes no sense at all.

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Not sure where you been looking but I don't see anyone how is loyal to Tilman. Send me some links.

17. VoR

VoR Member

Decreased amount of games, ratings are down, no attendance, no concessions, and these players want raises. I would 100% support rebuilding right now. I'd rather see some young blood excited for a chance and a paycheck.

18. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

You guys remember when Tillman Fertita was telling the players to save their money, that hard time where coming up? I think it was a video or something.

My guess is Tillman Fertita is gona cut costs during this pandemic moving forward. I guess we’ll see

amaru likes this.
  19. riko

riko Member

We expected any different? At some point people need to stop blaming Harden and Russ for wanting out of this mess.

amaru and D-rock like this.
  20. VoR

VoR Member

I blame Harden and Russ for not knowing how to win a game seven.