1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You guys are the ones keeping me here

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockbox, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I spend like 80% of the time on the Hangout, 10% time on D&D, 5% Texans, 3% Football and 2% in the GARM. The GARM just isn't interesting. It's sad how Fertitta ran this franchise into the ground so quickly. I had doubts that Harden would lead us to a championship. He's still our best chance, but with Fertitta in charge, the future is dark.

LosPollosHermanos and TWS1986 like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So it's not just me who thinks the GARM is hot garbage.

What happened in there its worse than the J L days or the Brooks vs Lowry debates.

Good times.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You only stopped trying to steal your dad's beer this year? I guess that's one silver lining of the pandemic.

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I haven't actively read the GARM in probably a decade. If something happens I might open it. But probably not. Thanks for letting me know Harden's going to get traded.

rockbox and TWS1986 like this.
  5. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I don't care too much for the GARM either. Which is funny because well I'm a Rockets fan, but yeah.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I've been a fan since the first finals appearance and we had another MVP. Didn't have to wait too long for the send MVP player. Took over a decade to get Harden after Dream left. Yao and Tracy were never MVP level players. They weren't even the best at their relative positions.

Invisible Fan and Deckard like this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don’t come to this site for the rockets. Even clutch abandoned it lmao

CCity Zero, TWS1986 and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Nice photoshop

boomboom and Rockets34Legend like this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

GARM has been garbage for literally 2 decades.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It got better after 1999.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. Xerobull

Edit- holy ****, six keyboards!

B-Bob, Buck Turgidson and Nook like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep I haven’t lived in Houston in quite awhile and the Rockets the last decade have really frustrated me. I still consider myself a Houstonian and this BBS helps me still keep in touch with Houston. Especially since none of my family live there anymore.

also there are some very sharp and interesting people here.

boomboom, B-Bob and TWS1986 like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

up until about 4 years ago you could get some pertinent info about possible trades or players they were looking at and some reasonable debates on how players fit but every since the Paul trade everything there is ratcheted up to 11.

Now every other thread has some preposterous trade scenario and at least a couple of posters bashing Harden.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I haven't spent any major time in the GARM since the Yao Ming days. That's pretty much when it started going downhill. It's a necessary evil though, since this is, you know, a Rockets website. It should never go away.

I was literally born into being a Rockets fan. My dad was one of the first ones to get season tickets when they moved here from San Diego. I remember him taking me to games the 1st year they built The Summit. We sat in section 102, Row E, seats 1 & 2. This was the non-smoking section....LOL...

I still love the Rockets, but they have been almost unwatchable for a while now. The Warriors (along with the Rockets and all the other teams trying to emulate them) have really ruined the game for me. Too many 3-pointers.

I'm tired of Harden. I don't think he's the answer. But I hope we can get a Hershall Walker-type return for him. Not a DeAndre Hopkins-type return. It's time to tear it all down and build it back up again. Astros style.

Sounds radical, but I wish the NBA would just do away with the 3-point line. It would make the games a lot more watchable.

boomboom, B-Bob and Buck Turgidson like this.
  17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

ClutchFans is my main source for anything....hell, we get news quicker here than normal news outlets.

I know it's tough watching all this crap happening to our team and what the GARM looks like now with all those ****ing idiots posting there. I just don't take it seriously, just like Tit**** Fertata is doing. I'm just eating my popcorn and enjoying this dumpster fire that's happening (my entertainment when I'm getting my ass handed to at work).

For me, following this team for so long, it's just been a marriage that goes through it's ups-and-downs. I went through this same crap when Hakeem had his following out in the late 90s / early 2000s and I was stuck with the shitty Stevie Franchise after that.

All I know is whenever I'm feeling like **** with this team, I can always reminisce that I was alive when this franchise won the 2 championships....

david_rocket likes this.
  18. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

It's surprising how many people feel that way about the GARM lol. Including myself, but still surprising.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. Xerobull

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Well it's over. I've jump off the Rockets bandwagon for the foreseeable future. Like in football since the oilers became the Titans, I really have no reason to actively root for the Rockets. I will feel good for you Houston peeps if they eventually are decent. I think I'm going to start rooting for Austin FC. The advantage is I will get to go to live games more often and they have nice looking uniforms.