1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC: "I've been told Morey would offer Ben Simmons plus more"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Nov 17, 2020.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I’d do this deal only to ship Simmons to New York and have the Knicks send 5 1st Rounders my way. Basically you just turned Harden into 9 1st rounders.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Well thats obvious . They have two valuable players on their team

Vivi likes this.
  4. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

We've heard this before. I'll believe it when I see it Morey. Also, what is even the point of Elton Brand as GM of the 76er's? Weird that he is GM still but Morey as president is the one pulling the strings? Are some organizations run that way? I don't think of Tad Brown as a decision maker as 76ers have made Morey out to be.

GradyMcTracy and D-rock like this.
  5. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

For y’all asking for Simmons...

Is he even playable in clutch time?
    y’all want him taking the last shot?

Simmons is good if you got a true #1 option

if not, he’s just another stat padder

6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Morey is already starting the narrative battle. Leaking stories about wanting to give simmons, embid a real shot before trading either of them and leaking a story about a possible jrich, thybulle + picks for lavine + picks story

GradyMcTracy and D-rock like this.
  7. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

No Simmons no deal Morey! That's probably why we have been talking to other teams. He wants to fleece us

D-rock likes this.
  8. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Very obvious and Stone should immediately hang up on any call he gets from Morey that doesn't start with Simmons. I'd be interested in a package from the Nets to get close to all their future draft assets they can trade and bank on age + injuries + Kyrie's attitude sending that south in a couple of years and those picks/swaps having serious value.

But as long as Embiid can stay healthy, if the Sixers have him and Simmons they are going to be at least pretty good for several years. Getting all of the Sixers picks and Thybulle isn't enough right now. If we're further in the season and there aren't any good offers then maybe you start to think about it.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is time to boo Tillman.

DD

D-rock, BMoney, csc177 and 1 other person like this.
  10. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Also, I know this is CF but you guys need to not live or die with every rumor about what someone plugged in "hears". I think we all know TF is probably enraged with Morey right now, but it doesn't mean he won't trade with the Sixers. "I'm not going to trade with Morey because I'm mad at him" can also be a way to generate leverage with the Sixers too.

joshuaao, basso and SWTsig like this.
  11. danoman

I think Stone is doing the right thing Eff Morey we are not about to fold. Let's make this really uncomfortable for everybody, players and executives. Show us the picks!

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

yes.

yes

He's 24 and is going to be a top 10 player within the next two years. I'm absolutely positive.

The team is Philly is built like ****. His value is you slot him at the 4/5 and instead the sixers turned him into a point guard because it's cute to have a tall point guard.

6-10, 7 foot wingspan. He's taller than Clint Capela.

He can shoot. He chooses not to for some reason. Reminds me of how Steve Nash was at times. He's a better playmaker than Russell Westbrook already and he's a great finisher.

Silas is the ULTIMATE player developer... We would have the second best young star in the division as is and it would line up perfectly. If Simmons actually decides to shoot (one of the easiest skills to teach is the willingness to take a shot) he could be better than Luka in the long run.

1.Luka
    2. Simmons
    3. Zion
    4. Ja Morant

The Spurs would need to find some young stud and we will have an absolute blast watching these guys go at it.

After years of watching Harden dominate being one of the greatest players in the NBA i've ever watched, I'd love to watch the next era with the closest thing to LeBron James. Give Stone the chance to build the right team around him and give Silas the chance to properly develop him.

My biggest concern is Klutch. They could try to force his way out immediately. The opposite could happen. We could develop a close relationship with them and be the place their clients want to be for the next decade.

#132 treyk3, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    GradyMcTracy, Rashmon, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Is he even playable in clutch time?
    y’all want him taking the last shot?

Simmons is good if you got a true #1 option

if not, he’s just another stat padder[/QUOTE]

Hm, I don't know a ton about Simmons in the clutch but let's reverse that question. I would gladly take Simmons on the defensive side of the ball if we are up in the last seconds of a game. I also want him to be the one making decisions on the offensive side of the ball, a la Lebron, near the end of the game as long as he is surrounded by clutch shooters.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/DjxFleEsZHc

14. danoman

He is a Lebron James light. He doesn't have the greatest shot but he has elite atheisms. In a pressure situation he would absolutely get fouled going to the rim. He would definitely be a problem for teams.

D-rock likes this.
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now that Moreys gone, I don't trust him one bit. We know how Morey does teams. Uses them up and stops calling.

danoman likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty sure i read a tweet here yesterday (from Goldsberry i think) about how Simmons has been the player with more assists or shot created for teammates in the last year/s, and that happened in a team that like @treyk3 rightfully said, was built like ass, Sixers played actually better last season when Embiid was out and SImmons was leading them with a shooting center like Horford on the court, i think if you surround him with shooters the fact that he can't/won't shoot yet, won't bite you in the ass, especially if there's a solid designed offense behind him.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Reddit says he is trading for Zach Levine or something. Morey is probably going to get Levine around Simmons, Emibiid. Not a bad young group.

joshuaao likes this.
  18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the same Morey we've always seen. He tries harder than everyone else, he won't settle for terms he thinks are just ok, and he'll drag things out for weeks and leak everything to the press for an advantage.

He would leak nude photos of his mother if he thought he could leverage it for a 2027 second round pick swap.

D-rock and joshuaao like this.
  19. Bo6

Bo6 Member

simmons thybulle and some picks. it's a good deal.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Also i say Morey is moving on from Harden, In Philly he got 2 young stars to win a championship with. He already knows Harden has limits, and you can probably win a chip with Embiid, and Simmons in the future. Harden not going to philly.