1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who wins the bidding war for James?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 17, 2020.

?

Who wins the bidding war for James?

1. Philly

2. Boston

3. Miami

4. Brooklyn

5. Golden St.

6. New Orleans

7. Other

8. No one. He stays a Rocket.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Harden to Philly would make them big time favorites with Embiid. Simmons would be rockets piece. Would you throw in those 2 picks to get Simmons to increase the chances? You can always get some picks back for unloading Westbrook to build with.

If they unload Hartford contract, it could be a deal.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If anything Simmons himself is another trade piece. I'd prefer a third team take Simmons and give us 3 more 1st rounders

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I like the Boston package so far, with the understanding they are trying to move Walker/Hayward for more picks. Jaylen Brown is a nice consolation prize.

DVauthrin, Lloyd Estacio and Plowman like this.
  4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden is not going to Boston. It'll be Philly or the Nets, or he'll stay for another year.

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

lol i wouldnt, i doubt you find anything better than simmons in draft. Hartford would be a ok center, i mean could be like houston kevin willis til his contract expires. I think Taking on Hartford is key to get simmons. But Morey might say hey i need Tucker and Gordon too, and i might give you a pick. I think you just pull the trigger, and get him out to philly.

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're spot on about those picks, I think.

Again, I'm all about Ben Simmons+....

But at the end of the day, if Boston procured high picks to put with the other 4 - 5......

They have the most ammo to get it done.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Moving Harden for the following is a no brainer IF it were offered up that is:

Brown
    Smart
    Theis
    All 3 of this year's picks
    3 more 1st Rounders

The fascination with picks isn't for us to use them--it's to stack the chips to acquire another player down the road. If the Sixers underwhelm again next year, wouldn't you trade those picks for Simmons to pair him up with Brown? That's a devastating backcourt right there. Or if Giannis said "F it this team sucks even with Jrue" now you have the assets AND the capspace (assuming Russ is gone by then) to do a trade. Or if Portland flames out again and Lillard said "enough" wouldn't you make a run for Dame? Basically getting back a future All-Star in Brown and a boatload of picks is not a bad thing.

DVauthrin likes this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Celtic beat writer -

Discounting one random dude on a message board talking about boston being involved, no other media source has reported any teams besides the 76ers and nets pursuing a Harden trade.

Maybe it'll change in the next few days or weeks, but the relatively sparse interest in a prime 31 year old top 5ish player under team control for 2 years has been surprising.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To be perfectly candid, I'd love to see James stay. He's a top 10 all time player, and #2 on the Rockets list.
    But, I just don't see a path to contending.
    The time to sell is now. We set up a serious future under Silas with a culture/identity.

#49 Plowman, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Lloyd Estacio and daywalker02 like this.
  10. steddinotayto

It's not that there's no interest--people aren't turning down having Harden on their team. It's the assets that are needed is the issue. Boston beat writer puts that out but Ainge is undoubtedly scheming of a way to acquire a few more picks to add to the 3 tonight. If he can get those picks, great. If not, he's not going to cry about it.

Plowman likes this.
  11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

What a post. Lmao

You want to thrown in firsts with Harden. And then you mention taking on Horford’s ugly contract.

Please take a break from posting

xiki likes this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

No way Boston. Nix that 100%. Sez me.

Q: is TF absolutely out on JEHj to Moreyville or is it a clever ploy to up the ante from 6ers?

13. SuraGotMadHops

Stone is showing some...stones. Get back deluxe nuts or the players can deal with it.

Plowman likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

Will need Simmons plus picks or Tatum plus picks.

treyk3 likes this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If Ben Simmons is really on the table, I think Boston would have to find a way to send Hayward to a third team and send us Tatum (who agrees to extend once traded). I know Tatum is a top tier prospect (so is Simmons) but this is James Harden. Boston has to think hard whether they want to go for it all or not.

The funniest thing will be when Boston trades Kemba + a late first or two for Russel Westbrook and this was all for naught. Don't discount this possibility. Kemba was dreadful last year, Russ would fit in like a ****ing glove there and Silas absolutely loves Kemba.

Plowman likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You'll need an Offense in which everyone is touching the ball again nearly every possession.

Plowman likes this.
  17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

OMG. We can't just focus in on teams Harden wants to go to. Maybe there's an innocuous team out there that wants to drastically change their prospects. Its time to adopt a free agent mentality. The Houston Rockets need to get paid for James Harden and the market should not be limited; if you get him for 2 years that's enough time to convince him to stay. We need picks and young stars like Tatum, Booker, etc.....

These guys:
    https://www.lineups.com/articles/the-nbas-best-30-players-under-25-years-old/

#57 Aruba77, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Plowman likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I like to think about draft slots those picks could return. If Harden goes to BKN those picks are almost certainly last of the round type picks, but if you ship him to Boston then you still have some parity in that conference and with injuries who knows what could shake out - I like those prospects strictly looking at the possible picks. Jaylen Brown is a good young player who you could feature while the roster completes and better than any of the players the Nets could send back. Keeps you relevant somewhat during the rebuild. Maybe Silas can work some coaching magic?

Ben Simmons is a great PG, but I feel like you could probably address that tonight if you can catch lightning in a bottle with the PGs available in the draft. (assuming the team has definitely clocked out on Harden).

Plowman likes this.
  19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Im not seeing it. He is less athletic than lonzo and a worse shooter.

Yall know damn well tatum is not an option. Get real.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. steddinotayto

This is just me throwing darts on the board here but I wouldn't count out the Knicks.

1. We trade Harden to the Knicks and take back #8, #23, and four future 1sts. Nothing else. This generates a $41 million TPE
    2. We make a separate trade with the Knicks, sending them Ariza for RJ Barrett and Mitchell Robinson.

So now you got a young player (Barrett), your center of the future (Robinson), THREE picks in this year's draft, four future 1sts and a massive $41 million TPE.

Is Barrett on the same level as Simmons, Tatum or even Jaylen Brown at this point? Heck no but the potential is still there. The three picks this year, you can use all three picks or package them to move up. That $41 million TPE might just sit and expire by next year or we can use it to acquire players down the road.

Not my most favorite scenario but that haul wouldn't be the worst.