1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I don’t believe the Rockets are going to be sending out any picks if this three-team trade comes to pass. It would be the Celtics giving a first-round pick to the Hawks.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

So....

Why wouldnt we just take that pick.

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If Hayward was willing to come to the Rockets, I’m sure the team would take him if a first-round pick was attached. However, Gordon Hayward has the right to opt out from his contract by Thursday and become an unrestricted free agent. He would have to agree to not opt-out of his contract and be traded to the Rockets.

Rudyc281, pippendagimp and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yuck

Not as horrible as the Nets package but nowhere near as good as Simmons/Thybulle/Richardson and multiple FRP.

#564 D-rock, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Dacamel, Rudyc281 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  5. psman2

psman2 Member

The Hawks taking in Hayward into cap allows Boston to absorb a player like Gordon adding more value to Houston. I don't see Atlanta adding any value here beyond using cap space to facilitate the trade.

I could see the Hawks making a big push to land Brown here. #6, and Hunter, maybe Reddish or Huerter, and/or another 1st.

#565 psman2, Nov 18, 2020
    Rudyc281, joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Let us have Tatum and picks instead

Rudyc281, jch1911 and clutch citizen like this.
  7. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Brown would be a great get, kid is about to explode.

8. psman2

psman2 Member

I would sell Brown if this rumor is true. He is not about to explode, he has holes in his game and will never be a #1 or 2 option on a championship team. He will be miscast here as a primary option and could makes his value go down. He is a great 3rd best player but by the time we are good enough to surround Brown with better players his contract will be up. Sell him now to the highest bidder.

#568 psman2, Nov 18, 2020
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Brown, Smart, Williams + Williams is 37 mill. This is pretty close to a straight up legal trade with Houston if you add Langford.

That’s if they are sending that out (what I’d hope we get)

but if the Celtics keep Smart...

24 mill for Brown, Williams + Williams

Harden + PJ is 48 mill

That 24 mill difference is not legal... unless Celtics trade Hayward to the Hawks (into their cap).

That’s an extra 14 million Tilman could save, which is probably easily worth either #26 or #30 to him.

10. KayJayNZ

KayJayNZ Member

I support Harden to Boston just for the reactions from Simmons & Russillo. LOL.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

They would **** their pants.

12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

I want Tatum and picks or no dice

13. Boston84

Boston84 Member

To be fair this hawks guys hasn’t really been great. He’s been right on capela and he does seem to know some stuff but he throws a ton of stuff out there. Wouldn’t take it as anything super real. Still think it’s Simmons for u guys

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In this scenario it creates cap space for us?

Maybe use it to sign Wood?

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Lmfao I’d easily take Brown, John Collins, Marcus Smart and tons of picks. We could keep Westbrook for now and actually be fighting for home court while gaining back the future. RoCo would have fit perfectly at the 4 with that team /pain.

that’s two potential all stars (probably not superstars like I see Simmons), a younger crazy role player and picks? That’s a great haul.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

agreed

Philly is plan A, Boston is a nice consolation prize with Brown, and Brooklyn is the “gtfo of my face before I slap u” option

D-rock, Boston84 and BigShasta like this.
  17. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

If you’re demanding Kyrie or KD, you gotta demand Tatum. Trading away a generational player who only just turned 31. Any team that gets him will likely not have any relevant first round picks for several years. Couple that with only getting fringe star potential or less, you’ll be mediocre for quite a while.

I’d rather just take my chances on Harden winning before his contract expires. That would also give time to make moves that might change his mind. If you get nothing in return for 34 year old Harden, at least you’re closer to having your own first round picks to rebuild your roster via draft or trade.

D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden might finally make another finals appearance...that team fits perfectly around him

defenders, shooters, excellent coach, and a forward that can create and score at a high level

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

We've been making moves for years to keep Harden. CP3 was a hamstring away from being the solution.

I think Harden's mind is made up to leave. Otherwise he or the organization would have stepped forward and said so.

Btw, Hayward for a year? Forget it. Except to have his wife in the front row, that is.

D-rock and clutch citizen like this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sounds like another "insider" throwing everything at the wall possible