1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you don’t want to be Rockets fans then bye

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Nov 17, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

2. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

I'm more Rockets fan than Harden fan. I want the Rockets to be good. But Tilman ....

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

While it is possible Tilman is that ridiculous, it doesn't make sense. I seriously doubt the 3-5 years of new merchandise and new franchise ticket sales would offset all the costs of moving. Especially since they wouldn't become a winning team just by moving.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

a fresh city getting an nba franchise would definitely support the organization regardless if its winning or not

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

You say that, but only 3 NBA teams have relocated in 35 years. Two (Memphis and New Orleans) have consistently have financial issues even after the moving because you have to eventually win, and are not necessarily better off. The other, OKC, prospered only because they had stars and were winning, and it may take some time before they do that again.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Both Memphis and nop are excited with what they have. Okc supports their team no matter who it is. It’s all they have. All are doing just fine

a city like Seattle getting a team again or Vegas eventually is very much a good possibility

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

Really sorry, but this just looks delusional.

I liked Houston as a city and the Rockets as a team for so long, but... the city is turning into a freaking joke. I don't want to support a city that's against itself anymore. It makes 0 sense.

8. hakeemthagreat

Understand the hatred is coming from Morey's minion followers here. They're in denial of how Morey ran the reputation of this once highly regarded franchise in the mud. Everything is Tilman's fault. But Tilman didn’t coddle his superstars

9. rocketseagles07

These takes are a bunch of clown bs. I'm sorry that I don't want to say every thing is fine when it's not, or say it's not a media conspiracy when it's the truth, or fail to admit we have a James Dolan type of owner when we do, etc. etc. This idea that real fans are people who blast "BSPN" and anything else negative about the team and "ride with the team regardless" is CLOWN S***. Most of us spent 82 games + the playoffs yelling at our tv, defending harden, defending the rockets, etc.

The definition of a real fan is a person who rides with the team regardless... not someone who agrees with every thing YOU say

tinman likes this.
  10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I see nothing wrong with rooting for Harden/Morey in Philly or Harden/D'Antoni in Brooklyn. As Rockets fans we defended these guys who have been heavily criticized their entire careers. We believed in them, and I still do. It is not like we are rooting against Houston in a finals matchup against them, this scenario is not likely. Houston will take a back seat in the NBA for some time, if you are a Rockets only fan, you will not be watching playoff games or meaningful games for a decade+. Learn to enjoy the success of players and personnel that worked their tail off for this org and the city. Harden/Morey/D'Antoni are more tied to this org than Tilman Ferttita, so there is no shame in rooting for their success when it does not effect the success of the Rockets.

tycoonchip likes this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

+1

Apparently, being a loyal Rockets' fan means putting up with tinman's heaping helpings of predictable, schtick-ridden abuse. *yea team* *go 99ers*

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Houston is Houston, I'm not switching my hometown because James Harden is leaving or the Rockets are bad.
    And I'm for sure not leaving Clutchfans because Clutchfans was built for Clutch City.

You can always support the Mavs or Spurs.
    If the Rockets or the city of Houston aren't your team, then they aren't your team.

It's not that complicated.

@Reeko

Reeko and tc0330 like this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

14. tinman

Supporting Member

It means rooting for the Houston Rockets

not the player only Rockets
    not the owner only Rockets
    not the China only Rockets
    not the espn only Rockets

@Reeko

99ers aren't going anywhere, well the majority of us aren't.

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Plus that city wouldn't have watched that new team have a player groomed into a superstar and traded in their prime because the owners had an ego and had no idea what to do with that franchise.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

we're not holding any fans hostage here, there are other teams in the nba.
    they can be Mavericks fans if they want, I mean the majority of 'fans' here don't care about the Houston part of the Houston Rockets.

17. s3ts

s3ts Member

Elon is coming to save Houston, says Tinman.

Good luck. Sincerely. I still think that's delusional.

I'll be a Rockets fan. Houston has lost my heart, though. Look at these damn fans.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

I said i want Elon to come to Houston.
    I don't think he's interested in sports, but he did become the 3rd richest man in the world.

Elon Musk made more money than the worth all of the Rockets owners from their history in a week.