1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

new watch dogs worth it? target running the buy 2 get 1 free. vallhalla and watch dogs are avail. think maybe even new COD but i'm not a COD guy. thinking of picking up RDR2 or something. unfortunately GoT not part of the deal or i'd be all over it.

2. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

As a 3d platformer junkie- think Super Mario Odyssey- I agree. I love that you can literally "feel" the different surfaces that you are walking on.

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I did beat Astro's Playroom yesterday. Very fun experience. I loved the final boss, and the credits screen was pretty fun too. Still have more stuff to collect though, and maybe I could try getting a platinum trophy for it, which might be my first.

They're super nerdy, but I love all the jokes within the game. There's even a trophy that references The Last Guy!

That's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Um I guess it is somewhere between "a better DualShock 4" and "OMG NEXT-GEN CONTROLLER!!!" for me. Maybe closer to the latter, though it ultimately depends on how it's used I guess. As mentioned, Astro's Playroom really goes crazy with all the DualSense haptics technology, and it usually works very well. There's definitely more "fidelity" to the rumble relative to previous generations. You can get a sense of intensity and direction fairly easily I think. You can feel raindrops (of different intensity), different surfaces, etc.

The adaptive triggers are neat. It can be used in a few different ways, but it is kinda like having extra buttons in a way. I could see this being useful in a NBA game or something like that, though don't know if 2K will actually utilize it properly (I think they're doing something with it, but probably nothing super crazy).

FWIW, the battery life seems fine to me, probably on par with DualShock 4. Maybe a bit less if you're going crazy with Astro's Playroom, but it hasn't really bothered me yet. I haven't had less than 2 bars. I do usually charge my controller in-between sessions, and I don't usually play for more than 2-3 hours at a time. I suppose if you played for 8+ hours straight in a game with heavy haptics (particularly rumble), maybe it could have some issues. But at least for me, I haven't had any issues.

I won't try MM until I finish the original Spider-Man, but I assume they're probably pretty similar in their haptics usage. Outside of Astro's Playroom, there isn't a TON of great haptics implementation IMO. Maybe something a bit better than PS4 generation (especially with the rumble), but those devs could probably do a better job.

To be fair, the devs for Astro's Playroom are pretty much tasked with showing off the controller, so of course their game is the best at it. Also, I guess games like Spider-Man (original and MM) were at least partially developed with PS4 and/or other consoles in mind. Demon's Souls (a PS5 exclusive) is the only other game I can think of that had a good usage of the rumble feature (there's a small rumble in some scenarios, which basically tells you a fire bomb is on the way), although it could still be utilized better I think.

We'll probably see better usage over time. It is probably easy enough to increase rumble fidelity and add a bit of adaptive trigger support. Stuff beyond that might take a bit more time.

Yung-T likes this.
  4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I did cod, cyber punk, and Valhalla on that deal.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Amidst all this Rockets Drama, I atleast got good news that my Xbox Series X will be coming in later today.

RedRedemption likes this.
  6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Some interesting things going on with the Demon's Souls remake:

In the remake, there exists a locked door that was not in the original game. There appears to be some treasure behind the door (and who knows what else?). Trying to use glitches to get to the area is not successful, so it seems the devs were very careful to restrict access to the area. It has been a few days, and no one has figured out how to open the door yet. Possibly related to this are some strange noises that appear randomly in the game.

I've been juggling games, so haven't had a ton of time with Demon's Souls yet, but it's been pretty great so far. And that's before I even realized there might be some interesting new twists. I think it is the highest rated next-gen game, which is nice. You guys should quit with Assassin's Creed, CoD, Watch Dogs, etc., and play a real game! :p

runamok and Yung-T like this.
  7. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

while looking up ghost of ghost of tsushima on the ps store noticed RDR2 is 26 bucks...prob worth it but takes up like a 100 gigs on ps5 right? that internal SSD is pretty small, should i do it?

apparently i could copy it to an external SSD because PS4 games can work from an external drive but future PS5 games cant. smh. there arent even any internal SSD's that will work with PS5 right now.

8. tmoney1101

I’m sticking with disk versions for everything and RDR2 can easily be found for that or less. It’s takes hardly anytime to copy games over to the ps5. Not wasting space with too many digital games.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Valhalla is better. Much much better. I bought both on PC. I'll maybe play Watchdogs again after I finish Valhalla.
    But its SO much better having a written and voiced main character than whatever abomination RNG generator game that Watchdogs tried to do.

10. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

yeah i was reading WD has a serious flaw right now where it doesnt auto save. tons of people put like 3 hrs into the game only for it all to be a waste. i ended up grabbing valhalla.

RedRedemption likes this.
  11. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

don't disc games essentially just install themselves onto the drives though?

12. tmoney1101

Yeah but copying them to the drive takes a lot less time than downloading a game plus they get discounted sooner and more often plus you can resell them.

Blatz, Ubiquitin and donkeypunch like this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Anybody want to buy an elite series 2 controller?

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

does that come with a retail series x ?

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

****! ****! Missed Sony Direct's queue AGAIN today. This is killing me, man. Meanwhile @Rodman23 is ******** these things out. Glad they stole one. Lulz.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Some German online retailers had new batches this midnight, but all sold out in a flash or websites down.
    Trying to buy one of the next-gen consoles really sucks.

FranchiseBlade and Ziggy like this.
  18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Wow I hope Bitcoin goes to zero, Jerk! Lulz. To think I was going to tell you my secret buying method

TimDuncanDonaut and Ziggy like this.