1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Front Office Sports] Nets and Rockets have a "verbal agreement” on Harden trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Boston84

Boston84 Member

none at all and most of the fans are vehemently against it. My take is if you can get harden and keep Tatum (he won’t be made available) the Celtics still have a contender and it also stops a super team in the East.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

mill take this tip jar bet if it happens.

Kyrie + Harden is a personality clash disaster waiting to happen. KD is passive aggressive so will be useless. Nash is a first year coach whose playing style is a better fit for the GSW type offense than whatever they’d get with Kyrie/Harden, MDA will just sit there, and indeed none of these guys are good on defense.

on pure talent they’d have a shot but I’d bet against it.

jiggyfly and D-rock like this.
  3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

One of the nets involved are signed to long deals.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

good to know. players will immediately flock to the nets to ring chase. They'll dominate.

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I’d do that deal in a heartbeat if I ran the Rockets.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Great, that's how it should be. The Rockets need to realize that they can't hold these cards for too long though, or eventually they may not be as valuable as they currently are, especially Harden.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Hell yes

8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Hakeem wanted to be traded too for the longest time. He was no angel. Harden wants to be traded and play #2/#3?! Unless Russ, Durant, and harden wanna run it back? Dunno, just speculating.

D-rock likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Boston can come in and offer:

Jaylen Brown
    Marcus Smart
    Daniel Theis
    3 Future 1sts

And I'll be fine with that. Offer what you need to in order to get Myles Turner from Indy. Wait for Utah to implode next season and offer up the 1st Rounders for Donovan Mitchell.

Turner, Brown and Mitchell. That would be your core for the next 4+ years

10. DVauthrin

Worst case scenario, the Rockets wait until next offseason to trade Harden and get a package similar to what the Lakers traded for Anthony Davis last offseason with only one year remaining on his contract.

11. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I think it’s a win win....I mean I’d like to roll back some thing but ultimately I’m not moving tatum. Brown is a really good player but we are getting a top 6 player in return and u can still win.

I mean it’s a haul- a risky risky move for Boston especially they’ve been bitten by kyrie leaving before after 2 years and also kemba and harden is horrible defensively. Maybe tweak the deal some way but basically brown/smart/Williams all 3 firsts this year for sure

D-rock and DVauthrin like this.
  12. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

That’s OK because we’re not going anywhere.

D-rock likes this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

One caveat, Harden is going to be 32 next season and AD was 26 when Lakers traded for him. AD has several years left to allow the Lakers to continue building around him for years to come, Harden only has a couple more years of prime time left. It's not exactly the same situation.

blahblehblah likes this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Ok. Like I said I’ll tip jar bet that with you. Ping me back if the trade happens.

15. lixiaolu

lixiaolu New Member

16. DVauthrin

I agree with you. Also, I would still do it even if it was just Brown, Smart, Williams and pick 14 only. Or, if Smart and Williams are replaced with more first-round picks. Brown is the key for me, as I see him as someone you can build around as your second or third-best player on a championship team. He’s good on both ends of the court.

Boston84 likes this.
  17. Boston84

Boston84 Member

the thing about that deal is and again I don’t know what you guys feel on him or this but let’s say you do that deal, you can keep Westbrook for a year (if you wanted don’t have to obviously he can be moved) but you keep Westbrook hand him the keys w brown smart around him and let him do his best okc routine. He may not demand out if he’s the guy ( I know u guys may want him out lol)

he gets u in the playoffs, build his value and takes another year off his deal which now next off season is less and maybe teams are more willing to take a chance. Again u can also just say f it, sell harden sell Westbrook and get a very good young player in brown and the rest of the package.

D-rock likes this.
  18. DVauthrin

I agree that the Rockets wouldn’t get quite as much as the Pelicans did for Davis because of Harden’s age. However, the offers would at least be similar to Brooklyn’s initial offer.

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Furthermore, the only reason the lakers were forced to give up that much despite the fact that no one was offering anything close, was the pressure of LeBron and his age.

If the rockets don't trade harden by the trade deadline, his trade value will be substantially less than it is now, especially if he is deadset on only joining the nets.

ElPigto likes this.
  20. Boston84

Boston84 Member

yea I mean listen I won’t bs you. Simmons is the guy you want but let’s say Tillman won’t deal w Morey- this is much much better than that Brooklyn deal (not rubbing it in at all ). U say f u harden f u Morey (I know not his fault) and get a very good package in return. It’s the. Boston’s risk to keep harden from there.

D-rock and DVauthrin like this.