1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams Bomb] Rockets and Wizards discussed a Westbrook/Wall deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Nov 17, 2020.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. malakas

malakas Member

If we are shopping from the top 5 worst contract list, why not go after Blake Griffin instead?
    I would prefer that than Wall.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Wall and Ariza are extremely close.

Wall and Harden are extremely close

Harden and Ariza are extremely close.

Boogie and Wall are close.

ADD RUI TO THE DEAL AND PULL THE TRIGGER.

Wall / McLemore
    Harden / Eric
    Ariza / House
    PJ / Rui / Tate
    Boogie / Bruno

That's the best team in the NBA in 2015.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Their career stats are surprisingly similar. Russ is a better shooter overall (you read that right), but Wall is slightly better from 3. Russ rebounds better, Wall has more assists.

For me, it's a tossup between A) screaming at Russ to play smarter, or B) screaming at Wall for being in street clothes again.

joshuaao, DonnyMost and Deckard like this.
  5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Love it.

Make your moves Stone. Show Harden, or at least try, that the team is in a better spot after a few trades and the draft. You don't let the best player in basketball leave for anything other than the best haul in NBA history. I'd also figure Harden would want to do the Rockets right.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It says jack **** about their confidence lol. The fact is that John Wall has not been healthy for a couple of years now and he is coming back from a major foot injury. Russ, even with his shitty play in the playoffs had a one of his best years of his career. If the Wizards want him, then they have to pay up to get him. Wall is a negative asset at this time.

Why not?, joshuaao and HP3 like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

because they’re desperate to make the playoffs and simply don’t want to lose someone like Beal regardless of if u don’t think he’s a cornerstone

Wall is coming off an Achilles...they probably see that Russ averaged 27, 7, and 7 and think he will be better than Wall moving forward

someone like Russ is the only “star” u can get back while getting rid of John Wall

Y2JT, BigMaloe, Why not? and 5 others like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Are you sure you wouldn't Rui the day?

TimDuncanDonaut and treyk3 like this.
  9. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

This is all an effort for Tilman to make Harden happy again while trying to acquire some picks in case Harden is never happy here.

I’m ok with it.

joshuaao likes this.
  10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This is another reason why this trade will not make any sense.

Russ wants to be the man, you dont trade for a guy like Russ if your goal is to please Beal.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Wall is smarter as well. Way smarter.

topfive likes this.
  12. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Just add Boogie and is this team actually better than last? The all-achilles team.

joshuaao, BMoney and topfive like this.
  13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I'm not against a swap between the two, but I doubt the Rockets will get much else from the wizards from the numerous reports about the lack of interest in Westbrook and his value.

Also it's either ridiculous or telling that some believe Wall to be the better player, despite the fact that he hasn't played in nearly two years. @J Sizzle post pretty much sums up this trade imo.

ak99999 likes this.
  14. PWR

PWR Member

This entire thing is hilarious. The fact that the solution to everything is for Westbrick to get his $40 mil a$$ in the gym and learn to shoot a damn 3 pointer. Nope, we have to go thru all this nonsense because he refuses to put the work in.

Hilarious

ak99999 likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

if the package is wall, rui, + multiple picks, it's a no brainier imo. You have every combo of a player that can play now, potential in rui, and draft picks from washington which they own all their rights to. That's better than taking back anything from the hornets and no the #3 pick is not included.

joshuaao and topfive like this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Honestly. I'd be happy if Rui was here regardless. He's everything you want in a player and more.

Smart, freakishly athletic and incredibly hard working.

He's Jonathan Isaac 2.0.

I would add a pick if it was necessary to get him.

DVauthrin, joshuaao and Deckard like this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Wall has had some bad luck the last 2 years, before that he was consistently playing. Sounds like he is really healthy again, taking his time

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

I posted what package would make sense to me just above. Even then being able to offload westbrick who doesn't want to be here which is the #1 detail is a win anyway

19. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

isn't Wall really injury-prone? like more than Westbrook

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Especially since Russ apparently wants his way out. Gotta factor that into your decision as a GM.