1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams Bomb] Rockets and Wizards discussed a Westbrook/Wall deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Nov 17, 2020.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

This is the only correct response.

And we should all be happy for Tilman that Wall's deal is $100k less than Russell's.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So why would we want either one of them? Say adios to Westbrook, get whatever we can for him and move on, in my opinion.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If there's anyone that proved that logic wrong, it's Westbrook... Injuries to perimeter players aren't a death sentence anymore... If you can get 3 AllStar like seasons from Walls remaining contract, it's a win compared to having Westbrook 3 years from now..... I don't disagree with you, all I'm saying is its better than having Westbrook now and in the future

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wall has worse value than Westbrook, so I’m thinking that Wall and 2 1sts for Westbrook should be the trade

Ariza can be moved later for a pick

the Rockets have to increase their draft capital since we have little to no control over our own picks for years to come

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

bc you're getting a better player along with assets. rather than being stuck with westbrick

6. pass_to_Hakeem

OMG in a heart beat.... yes!!!!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yeah, i really grew into a Brodie fan and still like him. That playoff run was his worst ever and i don't think it would ever be that bad again if he and Harden ran it back, but you're right. His style just isn't winning basketball. You would need to surround him with excellent 3 and D players from 2 to 5 AND a deep bench if you want a chance to compete and still likely you're only a good regular season team. He's like a mini Giannis minus the defense and overwhelming physical attributes and a prime Giannis with 3 and D roster surrounding him hasn't been good enough to get to the Finals in the east.

ak99999 likes this.
  9. riko

riko Member

That’s a pretty damn good return.

Rockets FTW and Caesar like this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. malakas

malakas Member

Even if NY and Charlotte gave back negative assets it would still be a better deal than Wall.
    Wall has the worst contract in the entire league.

Except for this :
    If the Rockets have decided to completely give up and become a tanking team ala what the Sixers were, that becomes the dumpster of the league where everyone deposits their crap for picks.

Why not? likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not interested. I would rather get young talent and good role players on smaller, more movable contracts if anyone will bite. That and a pick or two.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

pretty good deal for both if true.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Lol

Broken John Wall is worse than Russ.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Why would any bottom tier lottery team trade their two first round picks for another bad contract?

If the purpose is to keep Beal, then again the same question, what exactly Beal proved in his career so far that he is the cornerstone that worth such gamble?

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

If Wall stays healthy for a year and proves he hasn't lost a step, we could unload that big contract next summer, along with James's contract. Then Tilman will have ZERO big contracts left to worry about and everything will be right with the world.

17. tc0330

tc0330 Member

id love for wall to be here...but that health....

18. riko

riko Member

Ben Simmons . Yes Stone say no to the Nets offer. Hopefully now the Simmons deal gets done.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

If Wash includes Rui + picks, that's definitely young talent in addition to wall. And those picks are going to be high assuming they're unprotected. I couldn't careless about getting a contract like batum. Nobody is walking through that door with cap space to join this circus anyway. cap space is worthless for Tilman who doesn't spend

20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I would rather keep Russ.