1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the Trump Coup underway?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Nov 10, 2020.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Andre0087, Lar, Invisible Fan and 6 others like this.
  3. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Complicity requires intent, lol.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  4. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Actually, I am trying to separate the two issues that I'm posting about. In my last post I tried to give them distinction from each other. One was identifying that I'm posting the right-wing social media rhetoric so you guys can see what's out there being thrown up against the wall as you might say. You wouldn't know about it unless it made the MSM news or unless some nut like me posts it in a basket ball forum. You can ignore it and move on and when it hits the news cycle you can recall that you heard something about it from a loon at Clutchfans. I post it because I'm certain you'll hear about it. I'm not certain of the outcome. I think it's a long shot and if true, there's too many people who would burn. But that last statement should be troubling to anyone on any side of the isle.

As to the 2nd part about what I believe is going on w/ the media, etc: You are correct in saying that it's a republican idea. John Roberts wrongly made it law. (grammar, roxran?) I don't agree with it and you clearly don't either. So when you say make up my mind, I'm not sure what your asking. I'm not registered to any party, but I support the republican party at this time. I can have conflicting viewpoints and still be true to my beliefs and values. So I like your statement that there's no such thing as liberal or progressive corporatist. I'd argue that there are several 501's that function as corporatists (Act Blue, Clinton Found, etc...) I would also say that there now or corporations that have co-opted certain liberal/progressive messages and have tainted the causes. I keep saying this but we are both fighting the Big Corp's and the power they wield and the lack of accountability our elected officials hold them to. While my wish is to keep America sovereign and have a free market with proper oversight, it's unclear to me where you'd like to see the country go. Is this Great Reset what you have in mind? (my hope is no). Is there room for my vision of America and yours?

CometsWin likes this.
  5. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

For those buying into the bruhaha over Trumpty Dumpty not conceding is essentially nonsense. Once the states certify Biden is lawfully President-Elect, not a moment until then. Concession is not necessary. That's why Dump and his republicant cronies are working around the clock until December 4.

Andre0087 likes this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

SECRETARY RAFFENSPERGER ANNOUNCES COMPLETION OF VOTING MACHINE AUDIT USING FORENSIC TECHNIQUES: NO SIGN OF FOUL PLAY

ATLANTA) - Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger last week ordered Pro V&V, a U.S. Election Assistance Commission certified testing laboratory, to do an audit of a random sample of machines to confirm no hack or tamper: “Pro V&V found no evidence of the machines being tampered.”

“We are glad but not surprised that the audit of the state’s voting machines was an unqualified success,” said Secretary Raffensperger. “Election security has been a top priority since day one of my administration. We have partnered with the Department of Homeland Security, the Georgia Cyber Center, Georgia Tech security experts, and wide range of other election security experts around the state and country so Georgia voters can be confident that their vote is safe and secure.”

Deckard, ElPigto, DaDakota and 4 others like this.
  7. CometsWin

I won't presume to say what your vision of America is but mine is far different from what we see now. Mine is less militaristic and more focused on investing in the American people particularly as it relates to education, health care, and even further mental health. I'd like every American to get a great education from kindergarten on through two free years of college and I'd like every American to have free health care. These are basic to me. There are so many practical, common sense things done in other countries that we don't do. We're dumb. One example for me is the lack of paid maternity/paternity leave. There is no more critical time for children than those first couple of years. Why don't we invest in and support that as a society? It's dumb. We as a society seem entirely focused on fixing problems after the fact rather than preventing them in the first place.

8. CometsWin

Just to add to this, case in Arizona and Pennsylvania are going very poorly. Outside of court Trump and his team yell about fraud and stealing the vote but in court they claim it's not fraud or stealing the vote. Which are you going to believe?

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I guess so. Take McConnell. He donated to Dominion. Is he aware of the
    Sounds reasonable to me. The only thing I see holding us back from achieving that is our government.....lol. Set term limits, eliminate lobbying or regulate it heavily. And make corporations pay their taxes. Up the tax on the wealthy and reduce on the middle class and below.

10. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I think their eggs are in the Dominion basket. These little petty court cases aren't going well. Their 'all in' game is the Dominion angle. Two weeks to **** or get off the pot.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

If you lose:
    1. Deny it
    2. Claim victory
    Trump has been doing this since grade school.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

My guess is they will be forced off the pot, but that won't stop them from ******** their pants.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Trump was serious, why wouldn't he have a quality legal team? Why have Rudy Giuliani heading up the legal effort? Why is he using more than half of the money to pay off campaign debt?

He doesn't seem like a leader who really has a lot of faith in his claims.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What I got from your long screed is that you’re regurgitating Rightwing talking points.

Deckard, mdrowe00 and Amiga like this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Okay.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

LOOKIE HERE! TRUMP GOT NOTHER OF DEM DEEP STATE CRITTERS IN THE DEPARTMENT HE CREATED IN 2018!

DEVELOPING>>>>>>>

www.wsj.com /articles/trump-fires-chris-krebs-top-cybersecurity-official-in-department-of-homeland-security-11605659868
    Trump Fires Top Cybersecurity Official Who Worked to Safeguard Elections

WASHINGTON—President Trump fired the top cybersecurity official at the Department of Homeland Security who oversaw efforts to safeguard the presidential election from foreign interference and in recent weeks disputed unsubstantiated claims of fraud advanced by Mr. Trump.

“The recent statement by Chris Krebs on the security of the 2020 Election was highly inaccurate, in that there were massive improprieties and fraud - including dead people voting, Poll Watchers not allowed into polling locations, ‘glitches’ in the voting machines which changed…votes from Trump to Biden, late voting, and many more,” Mr. Trump said Tuesday on Twitter. “Therefore, effective immediately, Chris Krebs has been terminated as Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.”

Last week, Mr. Krebs’s agency and organizations representing secretaries of state and other top election officials across the country said in a joint statement there had been no evidence that voting systems were tampered with during the presidential election, rebuking Mr. Trump’s claims without naming him directly.

Mr. Krebs didn’t respond to a request for comment on his firing, but from his personal Twitter account said: “Honored to serve. We did it right.”

Mr. Krebs in recent weeks had repeatedly said the presidential election had been secure from tampering or rigging, and he was vocal in batting down disinformation about the results that had been shared by Mr. Trump and Republicans, who have not recognized President-elect Joe Biden’s electoral victory. Mr. Trump hasn’t conceded.

As the first director of the recently established Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, Mr. Krebs became the public face of federal election security efforts and a rare Trump appointee to enjoy bipartisan backing in Congress. Lawmakers in both parties viewed him as apolitical and an honest broker who sometimes brought forward urgent but necessary warnings about the threats facing the country’s election infrastructure.

Mr. Krebs had told colleagues and associates outside of government in recent weeks that he expected to be fired by Mr. Trump because of his efforts to correct unsubstantiated assertions from the president and his allies about the election, according to people familiar with the conversations.

A former Microsoft employee known for his long hair, colorful socks and sometimes unorthodox approach to government work—his agency promoted an internet debate on whether pineapple was acceptable as a pizza topping to illustrate how Russia sought to divide Americans—Mr. Krebs received praise from local and state election officials, who credited him with improving their once-tense relationship with federal authorities. He also oversaw federal cybersecurity efforts to protect a range of other U.S. critical infrastructure, including telecommunications, nuclear reactors, banks and the power utilities.

His dismissal adds to a series of firings and personnel changes across the Trump administration’s national security apparatus since the election. Mr. Trump fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper and installed a handful of loyalists in senior posts at the Pentagon and National Security Agency. Bryan Ware, the assistant director for cybersecurity at CISA, resigned at the White House’s behest, according to people familiar with the matter.

Mr. Krebs joined the Trump administration in its early months, advising DHS on a range of security issues before becoming head of the National Protection and Programs Directorate, the agency that preceded CISA before its creation by Congress in 2018. He was a close ally and adviser to Kirstjen Nielsen, one of Mr. Trump’s previous DHS secretaries, but remained at the agency after her resignation last year.

Though his position held a range of responsibilities, Mr. Krebs focused most intently on securing elections from potential tampering. He worked closely with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and U.S. intelligence agencies to defend election systems from cyber intrusion, an issue that became a top national security priority for the federal government after the Russian interference operations during the 2016 presidential contest.

Mr. Krebs occupied a unique space in the Trump administration, earning bipartisan support from Congress for the work he was doing to protect the 2018 and 2020 elections while avoiding the ire of Mr. Trump, who aides said saw any discussion of Russia’s interference in the 2016 election as undermining his victory. Some Senate Democrats, including Mark Warner of Virginia, the vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, hoped he would continue to serve in his role in the Biden administration, according to multiple congressional aides.

“By firing Mr. Krebs for simply doing his job, President Trump is inflicting severe damage on all Americans—who rely on CISA’s defenses, even if they don’t know it,” Sen. Angus King, an independent from Maine who caucuses with the Democrats, said. “If there’s any silver lining in this unjust decision, it’s this: I hope that President-elect Biden will recognize Chris’s contributions, and consult with him as the Biden administration charts the future of this critically important agency.”

Mr. Krebs’s place at the agency’s helm grew more tenuous as the election neared, as he urged the public to be patient about the vote counting, because of the massive surge of mail-in voting during the pandemic. In doing so, Mr. Krebs tacitly rebutted Mr. Trump’s unfounded claims that mail-in voting would lead to widespread fraud and that the race should be called on election night.

In recent weeks the agency set up a “rumor control” website to bat down disinformation and conspiracy theories about the election. Some of the content on the site agitated officials at the White House, who made unsuccessful requests that CISA edit the material, according to a person familiar with the matter.

And in recent days on his personal Twitter account, Mr. Krebs became even more strident in contradicting the president, including by resharing a tweet from an election expert that urged people not to amplify election disinformation being shared by Mr. Trump.

Before he worked at Microsoft, Mr. Krebs also served at DHS during the George W. Bush administration.​

Deckard and mdrowe00 like this.
  17. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...the Donald expressly hires people who are NOT good at their jobs.
    ...firing someone for doing their job (and doing their job competently)...is part of the Donald's business and/or governing model.

...the Donald doesn't HIRE the best.
    ...the Donald FIRES the best.;)

FranchiseBlade and Invisible Fan like this.
  18. CometsWin

Donald seeks to undermine all facets of government that are not on the Trump propaganda train. It's blatant.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Blatant?!?! Nah!!
    "He's doing work...for folks like me!!"

mdrowe00 likes this.
  20. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...really?

...I didn't know you were into Russian hookers there, Comrade.

Spasiba.;)

Invisible Fan likes this.