1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden has shown his true colors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Nov 17, 2020.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Assuming the reports are true, and its a BIG IF, Harden has shown what he is really made of. He in incapable of being a #1, and will always digress leadership to a true alpha. Ironically, the Nets are full of #2 betas in Kyrie and KD. Guess they like to roll in the same circles? /frustration

Xerobull, shorerider, Nelly and 11 others like this.
  2. pass_to_Hakeem

I agree. I’m curious out of the three, which will prefer sitting around waiting to get the ball. That “Harden iso” won’t be happening

Ramo$e, hajkov and RKREBORN like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did we get Levert, Allen, Dinwiddie, Prince yet?

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

People act like Spurs game 6 was normal? That was THE moment I knew.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Lame thread

2nd greatest rocket of all time

6. Victorious

Victorious Member

Harden's true colors:

[​IMG]

Dynamo Orange. Dude isn't going anywhere, he's locked in to the city!!

Ramo$e and clos4life like this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Or maybe he is just frustrated and wants to move on to another work environment? Ultimately these guys are humans and although they make like a place at some point during their career, they may get tired of it and want to move on. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Harden has given us everything that he possibly could. He has not complained his whole time in Houston, besides now. He could of chosen to move on a long time ago, but instead chose to put his faith in this franchise and continue moving forward to win a title. Harden maybe just wants a different scene and wants to win a championship. Ultimately, you need another superstar to win in this league that's healthy. We almost won in 2018, then CP3 hamstring happened. Then CP3 got old on 2019.

I don't think we need to meet his demand to trade him to the Nets, after all, he is under contract and doesn't have a ton of leverage here, but I am not mad at him for wanting to team up with others. Lebron did it, KD did it, Anthony Davis did it, Kawhi sort of forced it, etc.

8. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Damn you think KD isn't an alpha? Wow. I guess Lebron isn't an alpha he joined miami and AD's not cause he joined the Lakers, right? So who IS an alpha is your book?

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I was done with him after that game, it’s like he threw the series once he saw the rockets had a legit chance to win.

hakeem94, Nelly, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  10. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

LOL yall gotta relax on here. The man did his thing. Don't bash him now. IF HE IS LEAVING, he isn't even leaving on bad terms because this team is CLEARLY going in the opposite direction. Let him try to win a ring, he deserves it. The faster some of us accept the window is closed/closing (depending on your view and the next few moves the Rockets make), the easier this will be.

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

True colors?

Not being onboard with TIlldo's vision for the Rockets is a color damn near all of us are wearing.

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Harden showed his true colors a long time ago. You had to take of your rose-colored glasses to see them.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

its simple. he is on the downside of his prime. he NEEDS a title for his legacy. the owner NEEDS to save money.

this doesn't match up. he has to go somehwere else to get what he needs. who is to say james won't be the number 1 in brooklyn ? he suspect he will have the ball the most because he is easily the best playmaker of the three.

you guys shouldn't be down on james for this. he doesn't want to wait until hes so old he has to be a sixth man somewhere. he has given it his all and had some incredible years here but we didn't get it done. it sucks for the fans but respect james here. consider how much pressure he has on him to get one. he is constantly ripped by the media no matter how well he plays, all because he has no championship and the rockets currently are not close enough to try and stick it out.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, look how quickly fans switch up

Is Lebron not an alpha since he’s always trying to recruit stars and stack up his roster?

fans say it’s all about championships or you’re a loser...well, there won’t be any championship here

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think he's a #1, but he's a #1 that can only take a team to the finals if it's built perfectly around him much like Iverson in his prime. I think Harden and AI are very similar players. Both tough for other stars to play with.

In hindsight I would guess that Morey would have built his teams around Harden much different. The perfect team that Harden is best with is:

C- Rim runner athlete (ala Capela or Deandre Jordan 5 years ago) who sucks in the defense on the P&R
    PF- corner 3 shooter, gritty defender (PJ Tucker, or a Morris twin type)
    SF- long athletic 3&D - Think Nick Batum 7 years ago
    SG - Combo guard 3 point shooter - Think veteran Jason Kidd or Chauncey Billups
    PG- Harden

6th man - Louis Williams type or just get Louis Williams who is always available

bench - long athletic rim runners

So I think if Morey did it over again, he'd not spend the money on a Dwight Howard, CP3, and Westbrook, but instead would go back in a time machine & instead get a Nick Batum & DeAndre Jordan & some really good role players like PJ Tucker, etc. That team might not be favored, but James Harden as the #1 teams with the right role players around him will always have a chance to compete to get to the Finals... He's that good. He's just not good enough to carry a team with mediocre to bad role players, and another Super Max star player who doesn't complement Harden, or complement him enough to justify 40Mil a year.

But we don't own a time machine to get back Harden's prime with Houston unfortunately. And you can't fault Morey really coming out of the Miami Big 3 era where all the evidence pointed towards multiple star players being necessary. I think that era was a bit of an anomaly that profiled all stars alike.

James Harden, and Allen Iverson are two stars that just aren't like many others. They are superstars that need good role players more than they need other star players.

And lastly... Harden wanting to go to Brooklyn to play alongside Kyrie Irving shows he really doesn't understand what he needs to win a title unless he really thinks Kyrie will be gone in the deal. It makes it that much more difficult when you have a superstar who doesn't even necessarily understand what he needs to be successful.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KD for sure isn't an alpha. Most beta b**** superstar of all time.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yep! He's yellar!

18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

KD is not an alpha. Pretty obvious. Did you forget the b**** move of joining the team that beat you in the finals in golden state?

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is supposed to waste away the rest of his prime with Tilman hard carrying the roster to 2nd round exits until his contract is finished? Then he can possibly retire ringless with an unfulfilled legacy?

a lot of u crybaby, entitled fans wanted him gone for years and have been begging for the roster to get blown up, and now that he wants out, it’s “fck Harden”...”we don’t owe him anything”...”he’s showing his true colors”

If we don’t owe him anything even tho he made us relevant and gave us 8 years including a run to game 7 of the WCF, then why should he owe us anything?

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Why should Harden waste his time here if he wants to win a ring?

It simply isn't happening here, you know that, I know that, he knows that, everyone knows that.

Lakers will be better, the Warriors will be back, Denver is rising and rising fast, and so are the Mavs.

He wants a championship so people will not say he never won one and it can only happen elsewhere.