1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you don’t want to be Rockets fans then bye

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tinman, we are going down the Knicks route

Dolan has had like 20 years to fck his organization up...Tilman has only been here for 2 years, but he’s already starting to do the same

Knicks were still an EC contender when Dolan took over, and then everything just tanked from there...look at what’s happening with us

blahblehblah, YOLO and HP3 like this.
  2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I want the rockets to find a way to rebuild quickly and win, or better yet salvage relationships and add a piece or two and win with harden.

at the same time, my dislike for tilman is at the point of rooting against him.

snowconeman22, YOLO and tycoonchip like this.
  3. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Yeah that is what you said and you just said it again. Moses didn't win a title. So what. He was still an awesome Rocket and those were fun Rocket teams. There is a difference between being aspirational, saying we want to the title, and being negative and saying there's a net negative legacy attached if we DON'T win the title.

4. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

I'm a Rockets fan and will always be one -- before, during and after living in Houston. Just gonna give 'em a break for a while. SMH

tinman likes this.
  5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

TBF. I'd be totally fine with a few bottom lottery, Top 4 picks since the OKC picks are Top 4 protected....

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Did I say Harden wasn't awesome? No. I did not.

I said he didn't win a championship and people get salty about it but that's reality. He didn't win one here. Yes, this does affect his Rocket legacy.

Who said there's a net negative? You're just setting up a strawman so have fun arguing against it.

7. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Given COVID and all, I seriously wonder how much value the team will lose if they become a bottom feeder/middling team for say 5-10 years. I don't know it would force him to sell, but you can hope.

8. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Is it a strawman or have you suddenly softened when challenged? Pretty sure it's the latter. Either way my work here is done.

9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yep. Mass hysteria based on reports from writers using unknown sources but no official confirmation from team or players themselves. Fact is at the end of the day harden and russ are thinking logically as humans not knowing where this team is going. Thoughts or ideas would be natural and perhaps those they confided gave their opinion or perhaps enemies leaking misinformation to disrupt. Whatever the case none of this reporting should be surprising or groundbreaking. Remember these writers only cite sources unknown to us and seems like hearsay or opinions not necessarily factual. The one thing im annoyed about is the mass speculation without evidence from the media and how supposed fans have let the media influenced them so greatly.

#89 Stephen_A, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

tinman likes this.
  11. markelliott1997

You should buy the team bro

Roxfan4lyfe and FrontRunner like this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What work? When did I say Harden wasn't awesome? You didn't challenge me you fabricated something and then challenged the fabrication.

In fact, the first thing I said is that he was lol.

But he didn't win a championship, that's facts. That affects a players legacy no matter how salty guys get because you point it out, 10 years from now "Harden was great but he'll never be Hakeem."

And if the next Rockets franchise player wins a championship guess what? He jumps behind Hakeem on the all-time Rocket list. That's facts. Winning rings always comes over any individual accomplishments.

blahblehblah likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Scrooge = cheap and stingy dude in a Christmas Carol

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Scrooge from Christmas Carol =/= Scrooge McDuck.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

That doesn't change anything except in your mind.

James Dolan of the Knicks is hated but he owns Cablevision. It's not all the Knicks fans switched to Dish to spite him to make any difference.
    you can't stop fat people from going to Tilman's restaurants.

If you don't go to the games like the Knicks fans do and yell and put signs against the owner, nobody knows that a fanbase is upset.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

Dolan started overpaying people
    Alan Houston
    Marbury
    Carmelo
    Larry Brown
    D'Antoni (yes him)
    Phil Jackson
    Isiah Thomas

Dolan is rich as hell, he's building a 2 billion dollar stadium in Vegas
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackom...lbatross-of-his-own-creation/?sh=7a1a82617579

his billionaire family controls the New York Knicks and Rangers, as well as Radio City Music Hall and Madison Square Garden. Last year the company announced it had budgeted $1.2 billion to build the futuristic arena. Now Dolan has conceded the bill will run to $1.66 billion—and those interior bells and whistles aren’t even screwed in place yet, let alone turned on. MSG insiders have warned that the Sphere could eventually cost $2 billion.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

one is human the other is a cartoon duck

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

If the rockets trade harden for simmons + jrich and picks and fielded a team with simmons, jrich, covington, gordon, tucker, etc... I definitely would've been into it!

If the rockets retool by keeping harden, Westbrook, covington etc but added ibaka or someone similar... I'd be interested!

If the rockets trade Westbrook for cap relief, trade covington for ariza and picks, and do much nothing else... Not very interested.

If the rockets trade harden to the nets for that bleh package... Sorry I'm not interested in the least to see how the core of 8th seed eastern conference team fairs in the west.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I think Daryl put us in an excellent position to win in 17-18. Even with Paul out, it took a historically bad shooting night for us to lose. 4-27, we win.
    Paul’s decline was more rapid than anyone could predict. What you can fault Tilman and Daryl for us:
    1) sending picks to duck the tax by sending out salary
    2) not using that salary to absorb bigger contracts to... duck the tax
    3) making the decision to trade for Russ instead of telling Harden to man up, which led to us having to trade Capela for basically Ariza and a pick

the last two years have been disastrous

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I’m aware. But Les did not destroy a 60 win team in two years with his unwillingness to spend. Maybe that’s why he got out.