1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you don’t want to be Rockets fans then bye

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Harden wants to be in a culture committed to winning. One day maybe the Rockets will find that culture again.

Outlier likes this.
  3. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

The worst part about not winning a title in these Harden years might be having to listen to people say "you can't win like that" like they're the ****ing old scouts in Moneyball. STFU. Winning the title is not easy. Those people should pile on Giannis's ass and leave Houston alone. I will be sad if Harden leaves but I will wish him well. He's been a ****ing baller for H-Town.

I think trading Covington BEFORE you trade Harden/Westbrook is pretty dumb cause if we get stuck with Harden/Westbrook, we need Covington, not some late first round pick.

This shouldn't be a "love it or leave it" site.

That's a stupid ideology. We can both love the Rockets and be critical of their decisionmaking.

#63 HayesStreet, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2020
    francis 4 prez and LabMouse like this.
  4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I'm not going anywhere no matter what. This is my team for life and nothing will change that. That being said I actually want us to be the absolute worst team in the league for a few years to get Tilly out. A rebuild if pointless if you don't get rid of the source of the problem. Supporting a tanking team has its appeal in it's own ways too. The worst thing would be being middle of the pack mediocre like we were during the KMart years especially knowing no free agents woul

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has had the Rockets cater to him and we've come close to the making the finals with the Morey / D'Antoni / Harden era.
    It's probably easier for him to make it in the Eastern Conference.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

we're not the Knicks

The Knicks are a team that overpaid players like Alan Houston and drafted horribly like Frank Nktillia

the Knicks have lots of fans going to their games despite being a lottery team

the Knicks had big name GMs and presidents like Phil Jackson and Isiah Thomas

Oh they had some dude named Mike D'Antoni

they paid the wrong superstars like Marbury and Carmelo

Their owner is the opposite of cheap

Do you want me to go on?

@Reeko

7. Mattician

Mattician Member

Two years ago the Rockets were one game away from the NBA Finals.

Fertitta has destroyed this team in two years.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can keep repeating all of this but its happening whether you like it or not

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't care if we become as futile Knicks, I'm still going to be a Rockets fan.

Harden will go down as one of the best ever to wear the uniform, his legacy is what it is though, along with Morey, MDA, they didn't bring it home for this or that reason, but they didn't.

So we move on and we move forward. Rockets are more than those players and GMs.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

you can make analogies that don't make sense either.

11. Victorious

Victorious Member

This. It only took two years and hes gutting the team, chased away one of the best GMs. I'm a rockets fan no matter and will always watch what but there has been nothing Tilman has done to make me feel confident about a rebuild. A bad owner can ruin a franchise. Look around the league

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure looks like it makes sense to alot of people which is why you need to attempt to make threads/posts to state otherwise. which again doesn't really matter, when reality is happening

13. tinman

Supporting Member

the owner is disliked doesn't make the situation the same.

but this not about the rockets, it's about making good analogies with facts and not emotions

14. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

WTF. So either your legacy is you won the title or not. Nothing else. That's stupid.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure it does. he's an idiot that's making this franchise into a dumpster. and its happening whether you like it or not.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Is that what I said? His legacy will be as a great player that in the end didn't win a title. That will absolutely be his legacy here. That's the reality, it's always going to prevent him from being over Hakeem and prevent those teams from being over the championship teams.

We here to win championships at the end of the day, players are judged by it. Harden knows that, that's why he wants to go elsewhere to win one.

17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

This thread's not helping ****. Tilman's a trash owner and he's turned the Rockets into a dumpster fire. He won't get a penny of my money.

Outlier and Ubiquitin like this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

you can't complain that an owner is cheap than say it's just like the same owner who's the opposite of cheap

this is worst than any espn analogy

19. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

We had that culture. We don’t anymore.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure I can. the end result is a dumpster. the path to get there doesn't matter

Outlier likes this.