1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Harden turned down $50 million a year extension wants to be traded to Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 16, 2020.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I don’t get it they trade the best defender on the team and one of our best shooters to pair James with some scrub ass pick at #16 in an incredibly weak draft in hopes that will repair the relationship with Harden and make him believe they can win a title? Lmfao Tilman logic.

blahblehblah likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

r
    Not really, just looking at the relative flimsiness of Tmac's body of work. Let's be honest, Harden's 2017-2020 stretch - even in isolation, basically eclipses the entirety of Tmac's career.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If he wants out fine, but it will be the best deal possible. Not some courtesy trade at the twilight of a career.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

CP3 hasn't won anything and James has beaten him twice head to head in the playoffs. He's a better player than CP3. Not one Rockets team that Harden played on was ever favored to win the title. One guy NEVER wins.The teams were NOT good enough. PERIOD. Now the organization has to own not getting the job done.

split41 likes this.
  5. sabesque

sabesque Member

WAIT SO....

When daryl wrote in his thank you ad in the Chronicle "I will be rooting for James to win for championship in Houston. That's how this story should end."

He may have written this with full knowledge that james wanted to be traded?!?

6. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

This draft is not weak and Covington was getting murder by guards in the playoffs

7. split41

split41 Member

I think you're the one being ungrateful. Harden took our team to places we haven't been in a loooong time. Don't you remember what it was like before Harden got here?

Think of his tenure here and how much help has he really had? Asik, Lin, Parsons, Post-Prime Dwight, Post-Prime cp3?

Morey did his best, but Harden has never had a klay, draymond, kyrie, KD, AD level player by his side.

Appreciate what he did here and hope we can flip him for Simmons and picks. He's earned his place as one of the best Rockets of all time - no need to be so salty.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

the same people b****ing about harden not wanting to be here anymore are most of the same people that tear him down anyway on a regular basis. no idea what you'd be upset. if you don't like him then this is as good as it gets and youre getting what you wanted

jordnnnn, Reeko and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  9. riko

riko Member

Just stop. Prime Harden is better then Tmac

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We've all been saying it was both Tilman and Harden. It definitely wasn't Morey.

Vivi likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah i know and agree, but for a lot of people it was all on Tilman, while it was always pretty obvious imo, that that wasn't the case.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

It was Tilman who ultimately pushed the final decision despite not everyone being on board completely. And he openly admitted that. That's what people have been saying. Harden's part does not matter bc he made the decisions anyway regardless of anyone's advice

13. izeroi

izeroi Member

Thought this was all known knowledge.

Harden wanted cp gone
    Harden wanted wb
    Morey didn't want to make that trade
    Harden went to Tilman and said get it done
    Tilman got it done

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Now this true but the two folks who are most responsible for this mess have already jumped ship. The teams not only weren't good enough but were built on flawed premises - D'Antoni's system had been proven to not work in the playoffs and wasn't going to get you a title while Morey was more interested in proving himself to be smarter than everyone else. And all along this organization allowed Harden to more or less dictate its moves. Well, anyone not OD'd on red koolaid could see this was coming - especially after watching AD force his way out of New Orleans, go to LA and win a ring with LBJ. It was only a matter of time that Harden would want to do the same. Both he and Westbrick are looking to jump ship (just like Morey and MDA) in order to escape the consequences of years of bad decisions.

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And it’s not even close

riko likes this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This 100%

csnerd84 likes this.
  17. riko

riko Member

We wasted Yao’s best years with mr first round exit

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I know Tilman had that interview and he stated like "it was me in the morning bla bla", that's also him trying to make it about himself look cool making the decision etc, whatever, in the end i have no doubt Tilman had the last word, but i have also no doubt Harden had enough of CP3 and wanted him out, there was just too much smoke about their relationship and the way they literally didn't even look at each other when they played against speaks enough for me.

I'm also pretty sure if Harden cared more about keeping CP3, he could've easily said to not trade him and i guarantee you if that was the case, CP3 would be still here so, he either asked for the trade to happen or he was totally fine with not being part of that process (for once...), and i simply don't believe that.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Vivi likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don’t. I’ve seen enough of tilman to know how he goes about making decisions. And the fact that jimmy butler was plan A to add to harden and cp3 is plenty of evidence to show they still could have played together