1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you don’t want to be Rockets fans then bye

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I've never seen someone congratulate themselves so much about being a fanatic of a sports team.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

the worst was people talking about being done with the team and no longer being a fan because freaking Morey left...

I’ve never heard of someone becoming a fan of another team because the damn GM left...very pathetic

3. opticon

opticon Member

Franchises have ups and downs. It's not always sunshine and rainbows. I am thankfull for the Morey\Harden Era. But I love the Adelman\Mchale and JVG eras just as much. Don't get me wrong I have love for our former players, coaches and front office folks, but I root for the name on the front not the name on the jersey.

4. MystikArkitect

Lol this. I quit watching the Texans because of their ownership and will do the same here if need be. Not going to let my emotions be controlled by some rich slack jawed yokel or a guy who's daddy didn't hug him enough as a kid.

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I’m a real Rockets fan but the reality of is that trading Harden will lead to depression. I’m not following Harden anywhere, it’s just very devastating I wouldn’t wanna watch any basketball.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'll remain a fan at least for as long as @Clutch keeps Clutchfans alive. This site has been my favorite home on the internet ever since I left Houston in the mid 90s.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

The Houston knicks. Here’s where I say I told you so

But this is what a ton of cf’s wanted anyway. They shouldn’t be complaining one bit

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I will say this.

I'm not quitting the team but discussing whether Caris Lavert will learn how to play basketball one day ad nauseum sounds horrific. Hopefully Stone makes sure we have a real star like Ben Simmons here so other can complain about his lack of jump shot and I can just admire the fact that he is so good at basketball without really liking basketball.

I say get Wiggins and Simmons and have them decide who likes basketball less.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He shouldn't have been on the floor when it happened.

Regardless, we wouldn't have come close to being positioned to win it all like that, if not for MDA.

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

bye bye suckaaass

11. TimDuncanDonaut

There's level to the fervor and support. I don't think people will quit cold turkey. But they may watch fewer games and engage less.

Relationship goes both ways. Fans shouldn't be a GM or player only fan, and an org should put a good product on the court.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, I’m not going to support a product that has terrible leadership.
    I can deal with a tear down and rebuild, if there’s an actual plan.
    I’m one of the biggest Houston sports fans I know, that isn’t going to change. But my level of interest and financial support will.

Dgn1, Outlier and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

why cause further division with this thread?? Things all over the place have festered to the point of "sides" .. it shouldnt be like that here. This needs to always be a sanctuary and I thinks its BS that someone would want Rockets fans at odds with one another.

Fans are allowed to grieve. Fans are allowed to get attached. Only a sociopath would be able to disconnect so suddenly from something they "love".

Of course most everyone will still root for the team with on eye on James wherever he is - thats the way of sport. No different than what happened with DeAndre Hopkins where Texans fans still root for him and remind management anytime they can.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am ok with the Rockets sucking.

I just don't want them to be boneheaded and sucking. And that's what you fear with an owner like Tilman.

15. csc177

csc177 Member

Gosh not the Kevin Martin Era again....i do appreciate my man Luis Scola's contributions (he was the only player that got me excited to watch play with his incredible post game)

16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'm mostly commenting on how weird it is that tinman's posts are like almost entirely how he's a better fan than you are. The worst part about rooting for that sky-is-dark-all-the-time scenario you outlined is how tinman will tell you he's doing it better.

Lol... Wiggins and Simmons. This is what people want instead of Harden and Westbrook? And tinman saying he was here first or whatever.

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

For you non-Rockets, fake-ass, and fairweather fans....

[​IMG]

Miami_Rockets likes this.
  18. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

You sound like one of those women who are in an abusive relationship, yet continue to stick with their man.

I'll always have a love for my Rockets and who they used to be. We have a long relationship full of ups and downs and I've been loyal, I've stood by them through many problems. However, there needs to be a line drawn. The Rockets new ownership has essentially cheated on me, abused me as a fan, spit on me when I'm down. and right now the Rockets are laughing with their friends-- mocking me to be honest-- as they fully believe they can take advantage of me to their hearts desire without any repercussions.

Well I got news for you and the Rockets and that news is BYE

When the Rockets SHOW ME and PROVE TO ME (under this ownership group) they have changed, there's a possibility I can be drawn back into the relationship... because deep down there is always a love for this team.

But for now I'll no longer take the abuse and I'll for sure will not be putting out (money) as they continue to try and take advantage of me.

#38 Realjad, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    tycoonchip and Outlier like this.
  19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I have 14 years on this site alone. Was a fan before that.
    14 years * 100 games = 1400 games
    1400 games * 2 hours = 2800 hours
    2800 hours / 24 = 117 days

I've spent 1/3 of a year of my life just watching the TV with the Rockets on it.
    Plus I have thousands of posts here.
    I literally might have given 2% of my entire lifetime to the Rockets.
    It's enough.

The Rockets are the only sports I watch. When Harden leaves, I quit.

Realjad, MettaWorldPete and Outlier like this.
  20. Outlier

Outlier Member

To all those masochists who are blasting "fake fans" and telling them to get out:

Where is your pride rooted in?

Is it the Rockets of the past and all of their accomplishments?

Newsflash: that team, that coach, the players, that front office are ALL GONE (with the exception of Calvin Murphy)

People grow and sometimes people grow apart

The spirit of the team is gone. The ghost isn't even there. Right now, the basketball team we have now is a stranger who has stolen the name "Rockets" and is masquerading as the team we used to love

Where is your pride rooted in?

Is it the city? H-Town? That's different than the Rockets. You can easily represent the city without representing a basketball team that has betrayed your trust.

Stop being blind.

#40 Outlier, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020