1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Harden turned down $50 million a year extension wants to be traded to Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Ridiculous nonsense like that's why I can't take these HOHs seriously. Next thing they're going to tell me is that Kevin Martin was better for Houston than Harden.

Reeko and roslolian like this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Exactly. We shouldn't even call these clowns. No matter the team, trading Harden will have to involve a third team, Ben Simmons (or someone young and an all star) and about 5 first round picks, going to the precedent Holiday set.

No less.

3. hakeemthagreat

Being relevant and competing for championships are 2 different things. Relevancy gets you nowhere

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

#LockedIn #Rocket4Life

#184 J.R., Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    joshuaao and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think with the Ariza trade doesnt matter if Harden wants in or out, the window is closed cuz you ait replacing Covington anymore. Rox have pulled the gun on rebuild there is no turning back, even if Harden has a change of heart will we win anything if Covington turns to Ariza?

As for Harden no way he goes to Brooklyn Houston should trade with Philly and get a King's ransom for him. If Jrue Holiday can be had for 5 picks Harden better get Simmons and multi year picks wtf. Trade WB to NYC or Charlotte for a lotto pick and get the rebuild going. The current environment is too cutthroat to win anything anyway LeKing wants to end his reign as the official Goat so its gonna be a bloodbath, let other teams worry how to beat the Lakers.

DaDakota likes this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Only 4 teams have won the West outside of Harden’s old OKC team, over the last 22 years. The Warriors, Lakers, Spurs & Mavs. So I guess you’re right, if you aren’t Steph, Duncan, Kobe, Dirk then you’re trash.

7. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Why do you think this info is reliable?

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This was before Tilman made it clear that he is not interesting in winning championships.

I don’t blame Harden for wanting to go somewhere where he can win. He can’t in Houston.

9. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Posting this book should warrant an automatic ban.

10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Harden wants owner to spend luxury tax...he's not gonna get there by adding another 10 to HIS contract, leaving another 10m value player out?

Idk, I'm trying. I'm trying to find a way to explain it so James isn't really leaving. It's just Morey and Dantoni's new teams stirring pot? This is all baloney being tossed at Houston (like always) and we shouldn't believe it!!!

Westbrook, Harden, Gordon, Ariza, Tucker

That's our current starting 5 lol...

11. bmelo

bmelo Member

I never said Tmac was better for Houston, matter of fact he was mostly pathetic half legged shadow of himself here. Harden is Rockets legend forever.

Now we got that straight...

I would take prime T-Mac over prime Harden. That Orlando vs Detroit Tmac. That Game winner against Mavs Tmac. That 'Im guarding Dirk' T-mac.... that's who I am referring to. I love Harden but he just isn't athletic enough for tier 1 superstar, you see Bucks cook him everytime with length. Same goes for Miami and any good schemed defense. When GSW had to win and they rolled out their antiHarden defense and he couldn't do nothing. Same happened this year with LAL and to some extent against OKC. ****ing Dort clamped Harden in playoffs. And don't tell me Harden didn't have teammates because he had way better teams than McGrady. He played with prime Dwight, slightly past prime CP, slightly past prime WB. He had Lou Will with EG OFF THE BENCH. Prime Ariza. He played in OKC with prime WB and KD surrounded by Ibaka and still folded against Miami. Tmac played with injured Yao and that's it.

Take off your fan glasses and see things for what they are - legendary player with his shortcomings. There was absolutely no defense possible against prime T-mac... he was in the Jordan, Kobe bracket in terms of offensive dominance. See series against Detroit Pistons who were best defensive team of last 20 years and went on to win championship. He took them to 7 games and played great in every single one of them, if he wasn't surrounded by nbadleage level things would be different.

Caesar likes this.
  12. hakeemthagreat

I said "compete" for a championship. The Rockets were NEVER getting to the finals with Harden’s quitting habits. They got close one year but that was because of CP3, not Harden. Relevancy is simply Harden getting MVP considerations. Who cares

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, the only defense possible against prime Tmac was to flip the calendar to April - then it was pretty easy to hold him to his traditional 0-0-0

By age 30, Harden has played in 128 playoff games.

By age 30, Tmac had played in ....38.

JumpMan, joshuaao, AXG and 4 others like this.
  15. 34to11

34to11 Member

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He was. At least Kevin Martin helped us trade FOR James Harden, while James Harden is helping us trade AWAY James Harden.

ADVANTAGE: KMART.

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

So Robert Horry is goat by your logic

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Where did i say it is? Other people do though, and anyone is free to think whatever they want ;)

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

But i thought only Tilman forced the CP3 trade :rolleyes: