1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden pushing for Nets trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Kendrick Perkins ;)

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

One thing is, everyone degrades these players you are getting from nets. If you add some picks from nj, doesnt seem like a wow deal. But i use to watch some games, that team is really good young hard playing group of guys. That's why old Durant choose to play around that group. Lavert plays really good, he scored 50 points alone in a game against Celtics. Look at some games Dinwiddie had in bubble, both those players play really good offense at young age, look up the videos. Allen and Prince are stellar defensive and offensive players as well. Your getting 2 good offensive young players and 2 defensive players kinda still starting there careers in the league. Everyone is thinking win now mode for harden, but you got to start thinking building blocks, it could be good in 3-4 years.

I personally would not mind building around this team. You could get some young rookies maybe fill out the roster, and down the road develop more youngers to play hard like this. So like i said not a bad 4 to start building around. T A fire sale for picks, than maybe look to sign few good young players to play along side this group and build your rookie drafts up. I watched this game Lavert had against Celtics, Anyways just my two cents if the rockets were to get these 4 starters, not really bad to build around.

Lloyd Estacio and yoeddy like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The problem here is that were do we get our superstar from here? Those players are definitely good young NBA players but none of them are superstar material. The problem here is the picks we would get from the Nets will be late first round picks and the team we are going to build from the players on the Nets will be just good enough to creep into the 8th seed in the West maybe and we will be stuck with non-lottey picks. So there is little to no avenue to get our potential future superstar.

It's a trade with Philly getting Simmons or Harden stays.

BigShasta and Denovo like this.
  4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

lol harden wants out, you have to build a team first then get your stars down the road. Just saying.

5. gogispade

gogispade Member

6. fchowd0311

Dude Harden is 31 and still in his relative prime. He nets you one of the biggest hauls in NBA history. If we are going to trade him, we need to trade him for a young potential superstar like Simmons. No deal otherwise.

And I'm sure Tilman has the same mindset mainly because of selling tickets and national tv games. No young superstar, no coverage and no excitement, less revenue.

7. TimDuncanDonaut

1. Why would the Rockets trade Harden to Philly, a team Daryl just left you for.

2. Team is going to go with the team that has the best offer, philly could offer more than the nets, but there are other teams that have better talent than both these teams. At this point it's not about what Harden wants, but sink or swim.

3. Do not want Simmons and his long contract. If Tilly is saving money, he's going to get someone that can maybe match salary but can get off the books quickly.

RustyHarden likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

I mean what team can offer more than a 24 year old Ben Simmons?

I see this as a trade that is beneficial to both teams hence why I see it as a realistic possiblity. Harden likes it because he rejoins Morey along with one of the most dominant big men in the league and the Rockets get their young potential superstar to build around with some first round picks.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Not easy to get star players when you're mediocre team with solid role players. Those teams pick high in the lottery. Good role players are a dime a dozen and can be brought over once you have 1-2 stars on the team. Besides if the Rockets want to keep their pick next year they have to be one of the 4 worst teams in the league since it's top 4 protected. They need to add picks and become the worst possible team they can be.

split41, joshuaao and RustyHarden like this.
  10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Dont get me wrong Simmons would be great get. But i just read something were they dont want to trade him for Harden because of his "Potential". But it would be nice to get him. Honestly if you have to trade harden and you own his rights, might as well send him to Memphis for Ja Morant and Jonas and 2 future 1st. Morant is the guy you build a team with. Harden in memphis would be funny.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Lol so you dontwant a 24year old all star wow

fchowd0311 and Denovo like this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Star? The same guy who can’t do the one thing you need to do in the mordernNBA

13. fchowd0311

Eh, Giannis is a MVP with being a below average shooter. Simmons us elite in every other facet of the game from defense to ball handling to utilizing the post etc. And ag 24 he can still grow into at least a mediocre shooter who has to be guarded outside of he three point line.

Denovo likes this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

And look at what that’s gotten the Bucks? Cool a few media MVPs and no finals.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

To the people here, harden signed a supermax contract, something only few people get to do. He doesn’t get to play GM, **** this teams future, where he gets to be traded. He will go where we get the best value and stfu.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And early exits

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why are people wanting to trade Harden for Simmons?? Simmons sucks. If we are trading with the 76ers , I want Embid.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

The only pieces I want from Phili other than picks is Josh Richardson. Small salary and easy trade bait

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think Harden would play for the Pelicans with Zion? I mean that is our perfect trade partner. They have like 20 picks.

Lloyd Estacio and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. TimDuncanDonaut

Fk Simmons. He couldn't even play in the bubble. He missed their playoff run.