1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone actually believe this?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HP3, Nov 17, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Im not denying the possibility. But if this was all "planned out." What was the play here lol? What was the move?

Did Morey and Westbrook get wind of this plan and was like yo, Im dipping? I dont really get it. So what, Westbrook is covering for Harden or something LOL. I dont get this. Then Harden says he's LOCKED IN and then requests a trade?

None of this makes sense.

2. pass_to_Hakeem

Furthermore Harden would be leaving for Brooklyn solo. I don’t get why RW wouldn’t want to stay and run the team. What other playoff or championship ready team is gonna trade for him? Stay in Houston and let them build around you.

D-rock, Ramo$e and HP3 like this.
  3. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I think it’s the other way around.

Russ rumors or noise hit first. Management probably didn’t communicate anything with them (Russ or James). So if his buddy is being shopped or traded Harden wouldn’t be happy at all and probably asked to be traded.
    First it was Mike, Harden liked Mike D’Antoni
    But he like Morey even more IMO. Then Morey leaves because of ownership. Even if they deny it. It has been obvious since tilman bought the team that tilman gets what he wants even if it’s a bad fit (Russ) plus harden didn’t help things and Morey had to do the trade.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Everything thing that has happened since 2018 is because of 1 man. Tilman. No player wants to play for this ass clown. Russ won’t stay and be the man here because he hates Tilman. James won’t stay here because he hates Tilman. This guy is going to scare away any future star player away. Money doesn’t talk the way it use to. **** Tilman.

Vik, clutchdabear, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  5. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I have a headache.

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  6. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Russ and Harden do not like that Tillman is such a big supporter of Trump. That has been one of the main issues, in particular with Russ.

7. csc177

csc177 Member

I initially thought this as well - but I doubt this was the case. Harden wants a ring and knows he can’t get it here. Turning down 50 m a year isn’t as crazy as it sounds: he’ll make 40 something and continue to cash in with Adidas in a major market. These superstars have great financial advisors and accountants now he’ll invest and double his worth.

8. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

the only thing we can believe that is likely true is that tilman sucks

blow it up rafael

9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The only reports I don't believe are the ones indicating Westbrook and James had a falling out ala cp3 and James.

It seems likely that both saw what most of the members of clutchfans saw. The window was likely closing for the rockets.

Mda and then Moreys departure further that belief. The lack of cap, trade assets, picks to improve the team furthered it. The running of the front office by Tilman and his son probably cemented it.

They saw that the ship was sinking and I'm guessing both decided together to abandon it. (Not that I blame them). What makes it confusing for us as outsiders is probably the nonlinear order of leaks from the harden and Westbrook camps, making it appeared that their was contradictions when their weren't any.

RustyHarden, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

There's no conspiracy here, it's the departure of Morey and MDA caused by Tilman. In the end it's about the owner.

JoeBarelyCares, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

i believe it. i also believe patrick will lead us to victory like king leonidas

D-rock likes this.
  12. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

Nope. It's what Russ said last week, It's fabricated

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There was no thought out plan, it's no prison break or Rockets science.

Folks are running from Tilman sooner than later.

I have to see what the other teams are doing but do not expect the Nets to win it all right away either.

HP3 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

More like King Kong Don, King Don.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

you're right... king kong got the pretty blonde bebe. and later died for her. such a romantic.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

We arent trading him there anyways bro, no worries.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Heartache.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I figured part of the reason he declined the 2 year extension would be in hopes of getting another super max at 34. His game should age very well, and if CP3 can get a super max with his injury history at that age, I am sure Harden could as well. If he waits and signs as a FA, he can control where he goes at that point and also be getting paid $40-$50mm at age 38. It seems like it would be easier to get one more big contract at 34 vs at 36.

csc177 likes this.
  19. gogispade

gogispade Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member