1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj]Covington traded for Ariza

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Nov 16, 2020.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

The tradition continues...all the way downhill.

F... Frittata.

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

its really happening. they are blowing this completely up. wow

i expected it but its still kind of jarring :(

D-rock likes this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

So Silas pays his due after this many years to get his first big head coaching gig; what a way to start a W-L ratio.

Russ/Harden wanting out (allegedly)
    RoCo to the blazers.
    Shopping PJ

Oy-vey, this franchise is done for.
    [​IMG]

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Simmons makes too much money for our POS owner.

Tiny Trump can cackle in a dark room with Ra-fel and continue making decisions for the depravity formerly known as the Houston Rockets.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I actually think that is a pretty good haul for covington. Surprised we were able to get multiple picks

zeeshan2 likes this.
  6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Don’t worry you always have the Texans to watch oh wait..

JoeBarelyCares and HP3 like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jrue Holiday just got back 3 1st round picks and 2 pick swaps

Harden is worth 10 1st rounders then

whatever team trades for Harden should be losing most of their picks for the next decade, and I better not see protections

8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Yeah, but I don't think Morey would do us a solid by sending Embiid for Gordon, Cov and Tuck. Would have been a nice parting gift from him tho ;)

My overall opinion is the Rockets are going to try to make this work with both Westbrook and Harden. I think they brought in Ariza cuz maybe Harden trusts him (just guessing on my part). I don't think they're going to waive or trade Ariza. I think they'll find a way to include the 2 picks from Portland in another deal.

They wanna get more size, I would want them to target some combo between Ibaka, Turner, Bamba, or C Wood using Gordon, House, Tucker and incoming picks. Throw in B-Mac as a sweetener if needed.

9. PeppermintCandy

As the GM you could say Morey has to take responsibility, but really the blame should be placed on whoever pushed for and green-lighted the Westbrook trade. That gutted the team's future for a wing and a prayer.

AleksandarN and Hank McDowell like this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Harden blew the team up when he forced the Westbrook trade.

raining threes likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

He can burn that wall down and put up wax figures of all his family members for all I care.

I will never set foot in Toyota Center EVER and I will never purchase another piece of Rockets merchandise again.

Me and my family are done giving this f'ing goon our money.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Maybe Harden didn't like Covington that much? Desperate attempt to appease him?

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I hope the protections on that 21 pick don’t convert to two seconds or something if it hits lotto next year. Granted, no way it should.

14. SORF

SORF Member

Well, thanks so much Morey...look what you started. You screwed us with your text on China....and it has been downhill since.

Best of luck to our players...it was a great ride. And Morey, go to where the sun don't shine...you coward.:mad:

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s over...Rockets need to get Philly on the phone and pilfer Simmons and all their assets

Harden turned down a 50 mil/yr extension and does not want to waste his prime with Tilman...there is no making it work...Harden and Russ can’t win a title, Russ is too flawed and too dumb

trade Harden and let’s embark on this dark road to irrelevancy

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Bro I am in the same boat, unfortunately for me, I can't fully complete my commitment since I will still watch Rockets games on TV and I'm sure my view provides some sort of revenue from the TV deals.

I won't go to TC, or buy gear or anything though. I already declined to renew my season tickets. Imagine, I was likely to buy me se club seats this year after making it a goal that I would own season tickets there someday.

**** Fertitta.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

All we can do is speculate. So much of this doesn't make sense. I have a feeling that shoes will be dropping left and right in the near future.

18. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Covington was on one of the best value contracts in the league and is an ideal and essential role player in today's game.

Picks are cool but this sucks.

Nook, jayydela, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stone and Tilly are smart like that.

20. ozrocketsfan

ozrocketsfan Member

I really can't imagine we are going full rebuild. Tilman isn't copping such a fall, so soon after paying for the team. He might not be a good basketball mind, but he is too competitive and too impatient to go rebuild at this stage.

Having said that, no idea what the move actually means! Appease Harden and at the same time trade picks for a player upgrade, or go to the draft and bring in a younger star for Harden

JoeBarelyCares likes this.