1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams - Philly is also one of Harden's preferred destinations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely..and it's not even close.

raining threes likes this.
  2. raining threes

Since they will be getting back a buttload of draft picks in a trade this really doesn't apply as much as it usually would.

Simmons/EGo/Tuck/RCo/Josh Rich would be a great defensive team plus you would have alot of draft picks to work with. I'm also asking for Pelle in any deal with the 76ers.

3. dmoneybangbang

A lot more due to a different situation. They were stockpiling assets in order to make a big splash and compete against Boston.

I’d be surprised if we got more than 3 picks.

4. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Do people realize we'd be trading with Daryl Morey now... The dude doesn't make bad trades. We'd be dealing with the best GM in any sport. You don't normally want to trade with those people (unless the owner is forcing the trade). Still, I don't know if i want to be paying Simmons $40 mil in 4 years from now....

5. dmoneybangbang

MJ isn’t giving up #3.

We can either get crappy contacts and picks or less crappy contacts and fewer picks for WB.

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Moreys been making bad trades for years now... Im sure hed be happy to give away all of Phillys draft picks

7. raining threes

How much sooner could Harden have asked out? SMH

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Philly is the only team that has the assets where I would feel comfortable with a Harden trade. Nets are having a pipe dream thinking the stuff they have has a chance.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But James is signed for two years longer and to my way of thinking, is the better player.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Morey has shown in the past that he's willing to drop the goods when it's worth it, which is the right thing to do, he knows some players aren't always available, if he really wants Harden he's going to pay for it, also cause i'm pretty sure he knows there are big expectations in Philly and he definitely can't wait two years until Harden expires or signs somewhere else.

11. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Really?? The CP trade turned us into the best Rockets team in franchise history (if that's the trade you're referring to), and the Russ trade was not his idea. Part of me thinks Daryl want us to be the ones paying Simmons $40 mil in 4 years from now...

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  12. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Agreed! If Morey was willing to give up everything he did for CP, we should be able to get even more back than then, but I just don't know if that's even possible. Unfortunately now Harden is saying Brooklyn is his only destination.

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

lakers gave up b ingram, lonzo, hart and the #4 pick in 2019, two other 1st round picks in 21 and 24. Pick swap in 23

Id argue that if philly offered ben simmons, jrich and 3 picks +swaps it'd would be a superior package. YMMV.

Lakers offer was superior in the picks due to the #4 pick, but imo simmons/jrich are far superior to the value of 2019 ingram, lonzo, hart. Keep in mind ingram hadn't made the mini leap statisticaly yet. Ball was a disappointment for a top 3 pick and hart was viewed as a good role player.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

This is what happens in real life when you tell someone to shut up and listen. They tell you to take this job and shove it. Then they take another job with someone else. Then they steal your best employee.

This is real life.

glynch and dmoneybangbang like this.
  15. raining threes

KPJ

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Simmons and Embiid for Harden and House.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Morey knows Simmons and Embiid can’t co-exist. Trading Simmons for Harden is something he would do in a second, especially when you consider the Celtics, Nets and Raptors all will have interest in Harden, too.

Stone needs to create a bidding war among those three teams, the Heat, and possibly the Nuggets in the Western Conference. That’s the best way to maximize the return.

T FOR 3!!! likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol, they might use him as a ballboy once he decides to not play for whatever reason.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

They can keep JRich.

If we are doing a deal with the 76ers, I want Simmons, Thybulle and literally all of their picks.

If they don’t want to do that...fine. Someone will pay the kings ransom. It doesn’t have to be the nets or Sixers, and since he’s under contract for 2 more seasons, there’s no need to panic sell.

move Westbrook. Sign Christian Wood. Figure it out with Harden. If he still doesn’t want to be here next summer, trade him for the #1 pick and move on.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

YOLO and Vivi like this.