1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams - Philly is also one of Harden's preferred destinations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 16, 2020.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Simmons, Thybulle and 3 1st round picks, no protections. Swaps for all the other years, also no protections.

I will be satisfied with that. Any sixers fan that thinks Simmons gets them close to Harden as far as value is out of their mind...he literally can’t shoot, and shows no progression there.

2. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

It's scary to think that the negotiation battle between philly and houston might come down to Morey vs Patrick and Tilman fertita.

I wouldn't be surprised if Morey starts of the negotiations by not including simmons lol. The rockets need to get some other suitors/offers to increase their leverage. The nets offer doesn't count in my view as its terrible.

While I think the sixers assets are the best that will be offered, there's got to be another team with a good package out there.

raining threes, Plowman and D-rock like this.
  3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

A KD & JH team minus Kyrie would be extremely tough for anyone to beat.

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  5. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Well, in fairness he did know exactly what needed to be done - get traded to another contender.
    In the East.
    With one (or preferably two) superstars already there.

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

lol. No. That is not what they mean. Switch them and Houston goes from middle of the playoffs to the post Lebron Cavs

Plowman, Vivi and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kyrie wouldn't be a "massive haul" he's literally never played a full season before,he's an injury waiting to happen.

Plowman, Vivi, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

No Irving please...the last thing we need is to be stacked in 9/11th place of the conference for the next 3 years. like the Cavs before Lebron came back.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Does Kyrie > Simmons ??

10. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

If Harden wants to leave when things start to look tough than he can bounce. Not everyone is Dame Lillard. We get it, Tilman is a POS owner, but let’s not act like Harden didn’t want CP for Westbrook. **** didn’t work so now he’s trying to leave the broken pieces behind, coward move IMO.
    If I’m Rafael Stone I’m giving everyone the bird and trading Harden to GS. TBH they have the best package available, besides we aren’t winning anything anytime soon with or without Harden since everyone wants to d*** ride LBJ and coast to a ring.
    GS can offer the #2 pick (Anthony Edwards), Green, Paschall, Looney, and future 1st round picks for Harden. That gives us young players to build around and vets that can change the whole culture here.

raining threes likes this.
  11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I'd much rather have simmons on my team than irving. When I take into account, age, health, defense, personalities and common sense

Simmons >>>> irving

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If we lose Harden and are left holding the bag of flaming Westbrook i will fly to Houston and vandalize Toyota Center.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Kyrie
    Allen

or

Simmons
    Thybulle

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Hell no, Irving is more hyped because he won a chip thanks to Lebron, but by himself he has done less then what SImmons did with the Sixers without Embiid, Cavs and Nets straight up sucked when he was leading, the Celtics got a toxic enviroment too...he's also always injured, plays zero defense and has a huge ego, just stay away.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Kyrie
    ?
    RoCo
    Love - for Westbrook
    Allen

Possibly

16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Good Lord, can you even imagine? It would be Deandre Hopkins all over again.

Houston sports, the gift that keeps on giving!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

think I like that rando proposal of getting KAT and building around him better than building around Simmons.

lotts people hate KAT but he seems like exactly when we got Harden. Similar age and talent IMO.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I can't think of a player called a superstar in today's nba that had worse results then Irving aside from when he was playing with Lebron and Love...even Love himself (who was never considered a superstar) probably did a better job with the Wolves then what Irving did with the Cavs and Nets.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It wouldn’t at all surprise me if Tilman refuses to trade him and James just walks after his contract and just coasts the next few years. Tilman will **** this up.

20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

A lot of good points and as expected a good amount of frustration. After my first assignment a grizzled old SOF Major (my boss) gave me a plaque in Chinese characters it translated into there is "Opportunity in Chaos". That was 40 years ago and I have seen a lot of chaos in my life, but have also seen many opportunities.

All I can say, is what a time to be a Rockets' fan! We've got a maniacal restaurant entrepreneur and his son playing owner/meddler. We have a new GM who is a trained attorney, but a Morey disciple. We have a new rookie HC, whose been bred to be an NBA coach. We have two future HOFers who want out and a bunch of other disgruntled players. Finally, we have the national media stirring the pot and trying to brew up some saucy stories. Toss all that in and sprinkle some Global Pandemic sauce on it and you have the pure and utter CHAOS that certainly has the potential for an exciting off-season/season for our team.

I feel like popping some corn, reclining on my throne and watching Gladiator scream "Are you entertained?" Because in the end, we're just fans. We can prognosticate and debate all we want, but in the end all we control is whether we decide to keep watching/supporting our team.

I've loved the Rockets since I was wee lad and all of the above is not going to change that because I'm just along for the ride. The good and the bad times are all part of fandom. It sucks when Hop gets traded or CP3 tears his hammy when we were so close, but that's life sometimes. It's certainly not fair, but I won't quit on this team or any Houston team for that matter because they're my teams.