1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirjesse, Nov 14, 2020.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I think it’s more about playing in his preferred offensive system for his preferred head coach. Having Durant and a talented team there is just a bonus.

Brooklyn is at the top of the list because they hired Mike D’Antoni as one of Steve Nash’s assistants. They are going to run the same system Harden thrived in Houston, and that appeals to him. All of this started because the Rockets didn’t hire Harden and Westbrook’s preferred head-coaching choice.

Also, I’m sorry, but I can’t get down with the belief that because Harden deserves a championship, it’s alright that he holds the Rockets’ hostage with two years remaining on his contract because he thinks he should have the final say on who coaches him. Tilman Fertitta is a jerk, and I don’t blame him for wanting to leave, but he has $85-million reasons to stay a Rocket as long as the team wants him around. He signed the contract, and he needs to deal with the consequences. NBA teams need to put their foot down and take a stand against these ultimatums. Otherwise, when the next CBA discussions take place, they need to eliminate guaranteed contracts. Enough is enough.

#341 DVauthrin, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    zeeshan2, joshuaao, Vivi and 4 others like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Leslie Alexander sold to Tilman even tho he he needed loans, and then took the championship trophies with him down to Florida

u hate to see it

Deuce, joshuaao, treyk3 and 2 others like this.
  3. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I’ve blamed Tilman a lot... I still do but its weird that Harden got Russ here.. then Russ wants out... and now Harden wants out? Wth!?

what a mess lol (even if Tilman pulled the trigger..)

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

The initials for the author of this story is BS.

Fitting and accurate.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My best shot at a non-**** Harden to Brooklyn trade

Dinwiddie, Jordan, Temple, #19 to Warriors for #2, Wiggins

Then

LeVert, Prince, Allen, Kurucs, Claxton #2 pick, 22/24/26 first plus 23/25 swap options for Harden

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

live look
    [​IMG]

blahblehblah and Reeko like this.
  7. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Harden to the nets for Allen, spencer, and levert
    Wb to the hornets for 3rd pick (hayes), bridges, and pj Washington.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

big, mean media needs to stop hating and sabotaging this team :(

blahblehblah likes this.
  9. DVauthrin

I’d get Boston and Danny Ainge on the phone before I ever talk to Brooklyn. They have three first-round picks in this draft, and if Ainge won’t trade Jaylen Brown for Harden when he’s staring at the possibility of Harden joining the Nets or Sixers, he’s a fool.

I’d also prefer a deal with Philadelphia where I get Simmons back along with Thybulle and a lot of unprotected draft picks. Simmons is a better player than Caris LeVert and has a higher ceiling.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bro stop posting this in every thread.

joshuaao and treyk3 like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Simmons or Tatum. Remember Brown and James are very close. I’d trade Harden for Tatum Smart and Hayward right now. That’s about the only way I’d trade harden this year.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

im muting all the rockets twitter accounts i follow; the mood on that app is ridiculous. every single report they melt down.

harden got a taste of his very own franchise.. would he really give all that up?

13. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

No way we get Tatum.

joshuaao likes this.
  14. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do not give in to Harden's "desire" to go to Brooklyn. He has two more guaranteed years on his deal. This is not a Kawhi or AD situation where they have one year left and obvious desired destinations. Any team that gets Harden gets two years (and maybe a third) of MVP level production.

The Davis deal is the floor for what Harden should receive: multiple young, promising players and at least three first round picks.

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's the conundrum facing teams with young and talented players. Tatum may turn into James Harden some day. Harden is Harden now.

Which do the Celtics prefer?

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Right?!

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Maybe everyone just find it impossible to work or play under Tilman

18. DVauthrin

I’d trade Harden and one of Gordon, Tucker or Covington for Tatum and either Smart or Hayward in two seconds. I’d do it for Tatum and their three first-round picks this year, too.

Jayson Tatum is a top-15 player in the NBA and incredibly young.

If Toronto wasn’t all in on Giannis in 2021, I’d see if they would be willing to deal Siakam and other assets for Harden.

RudyTBag likes this.
  19. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Celticd will never trade tatum. More like jaylen brown kemba

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agreed, Brown while good isn't someone to build around imo, and those Boston picks aren't any good, unless they put Tatum on the table (which i doubt) i don't really like Boston as a partner here, Philly is still much better imo. Sixers are probably also desperate to get out of some contracts and change multiple players (Harris/Horford/Richardson) so, i can see us having even more leverage with them.

treyk3 likes this.