1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets goal is to make it work with Westbrook and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

Who wants to work for a guy who writes a book called “Shut up and listen”?

Not MDA
    Not Morey
    Not Russ
    Not Harden

And Silas has to be wondering what he got himself into.

mikol13, daywalker02, BMoney and 7 others like this.
  2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Not being happy is different than asking out right away, or asking to be traded before the season. What exactly did JF say? Rockets know it's in their best interest to wait until Harden and Westbrooks contract are more movable, or to wait until something substantial comes along.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Caprah

Caprah Member

The fact harden is throwing the Nets out there probably through woj and his buddy perkins shows he has had enough of Scrooge

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think right now we're in nose dive mode... but we can pull out of it.

As the saying goes 'winning cures all ills' - and we gotta set ourselves up to win!

Tilman has to spend - perhaps even foolishly... but he's gotta dispel this cheapness persona...

Gotta upscale the supporting pieces... adding someone like an Ibaka would certainly carry weight with the stars...

Lets see what Silas figures out regarding maximizing JH and WB - I'm hopeful... I hated MDA and thought running small ball exclusively was asinine... I'll appreciate seeing what Silas brings to the table...

5. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

lol go where? certainly not a championship.

Denovo likes this.
  6. sabesque

sabesque Member

I love the idea that everyone’s leaving because of the title of the book.

GotGame15 likes this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Don't mean to piss in your Cheerio's ...... but bad teams with low payroll are profitable , even more so than some playoff teams.

Those low spending teams even get a bonus at the end of the year when they share the "luxury tax" proceeds,

Jontro likes this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Rockets' goal is to make it work with JH & RW.

Harden: Is Tilman still the owner?
    Organisation: yes
    Harden: run it back to the ESPN trade machine

Jontro likes this.
  9. Asian Sensation

If it’s broke why try to fix it especially when the parts are old and need to be replaced?

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

That is only created by fans. GM can spend as much as they want as long as it is for players who improve the team towards a championship

11. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Feels like Rafel needs to do a presser, again, reiterating that we have the #1 player in the league. Anyone serious about making an offer, consider first whether you'd offer the same package surrounding Dinwiddie and his financial advice for Lebron James.

daywalker02 and RudyTBag like this.
  12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I would have to think that Stone and the management team would already know about this before Morey stepped down. Remember GM decisions aren’t made in a vacuum and Stone even said this in the press conference introducing Silas. The management team likely prepared for this scenario. And I still don’t buy Westbrook’s request. He knows there’s no market out there and why has he not declared his preferred destination being in his situation as a 32 year old aging player with no ring? I still think if he did request a trade it is all calculated in a high stakes game to put pressure on Rockets management to improve this team. Reminder that no Rockets official statement has been released concerning his request. Possibly the team is working things out behind the scenes. I can foresee management coaxing him back and promising a couple acquisitions such as bringing in Serge. And according to reporting I conclude both Harden and Westbrook have discussed possible scenarios and situations including one in which they both leave probably as a last resort abandon ship option which is why you are hearing murmurs about the Nets. Everything has been planned and mused upon.

D-rock likes this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's the attitude behind it.

Newlin and D-rock like this.
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

very interesting though. Remember Kobe wanted a trade in summer of 2007 but they ended up keeping him and signed Ariza, Fisher and traded for Pau mid season. They went on to lose to the Celtics in the finals but won the next two. Hopefully we can do the same.

D-rock likes this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i'm thinking more in terms of letting Harden know that he will spend to give him support...

after watching us jettison assets to trim payroll over the last couple years, if i were on this team, i'd question the level of commitment by the owner...

jus sayin...

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How many decades will it take to replace James Harden?

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is now there to take the fall which he wasn't before.

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Since we're sharing...

Blahblehblah's goal is to make it work with Emily ratajkowski and miranda kerr.

D-rock and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tilman Fertita and Patrick Fertita, what have you done to my beloved Rockets. :(

I’m slowly coming to grips with the fact that I might not see another Houston Rockets championship in my lifetime. Hoping beyond hope for a trade deadline miracle, or a FA miracle to set all this stuff right. The fact that the Fertitas aren’t licking James Harden’s and Russell Westbrook’s collective ******* is incredibly disappointing. Literally an owner’s only job, that and not licking Trump’s ******* in this environment. How tone deaf can you be? I can’t see a star signing here again, ever.

How I wish they’d sell.

Pouring one out Clutchfans. :(

HP3 likes this.
  20. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

A bit of stating the obvious, but Harden and Westbrook are both under contract for another 2-3 years. There is absolutely no requirement, need, desire or urgency to trade either one of them (though we probably do need to shed ourselves of WB....).

So they can make all the demands or requests they want, but unless Rockets are getting back a deal too good to be true (and the rumored Nets "package" is not too good to be true) they both - to put it bluntly - just need to just suck it up and play ball.

D-rock, Plowman and lakersuck2 like this.