1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the Trump Coup underway?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Nov 10, 2020.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I get all my sources from askjeeves.com

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You know what I find odd is that he never posts past 5pm and always posts in the early mornings like 3 and 4 am. It’s like he is in a different time zone. Like say turkey. Just saying

dobro1229 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

the yellow cake fantasy was promoted by colin powell and at this very bbs by right wing war nut fearmongers.

i suspect if you had been here posting then you would have been right there with them.

you are entitled to be anti war now as i was too at the time ..i just find it interesting coming from you.

its like recycling back talking points the other way...we have come full circle finally.

also it sounds cool to say "yellow cake" from niger you forgot that part

maybe the wmds are under here!?!?
    BWHAHAHAHA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The funny part of this "MSM" thing is that they do make mistakes and yet these fringe "news" sites make many more claims that are completely baseless and idiotic. The MSM are trained journalists whereas these pop up news sites are just dudes with opinions. It's much like the Trump presidency in that these right wingers hold him far less accountable and to a much lower standard than everyone else. Trump can say fifty of the stupidest things imaginable but if one of them has a ring of truth the right wingers will promote it as him being some savant. Conversely, the MSM can post fifty stories and if one of them is incorrect in any way then they are part of some George Soros conspiracy. It's completely absurd.

However, there's no question that ratings and money drive the news. When Reagan trashed the Fairness doctrine it brought out the worst of the entertainment/opinion news. It's why Trump gets so much air time despite lying every five seconds. We can see it with the legacy networks and we see it on talk radio and even local news with right wing Sinclair. The issue with this is that it's up to the viewer or the listener to discern facts from opinion and right wing viewers/listeners are increasingly unwilling or unable to do that. They have more trust for the most dishonest, crack pot sites than for basic fact checking. The virus is real, it kills people. Fact. The Russia investigation brought forth many indictments including several indictable offenses by the President of the United States that are detailed in the Mueller Report. Fact. There is no meaningful voter fraud whether mail in or otherwise. Fact. Climate change is real and happening. Fact. Yet these right wingers continue to say they are hoaxes. They refuse to accept basic facts.

#184 CometsWin, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  5. thejav

thejav Member

Trump admin not smart enough to pull a coup. Why would anyone think they had the capacity to do such a thing.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

of course they arent smart enough but no one thought them smart enough to get this far. the world collectively asleep at the wheel and finally waking up.. they will try though..dont think they wont try

7. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

As I posted before I was on board. I didn’t need yellow cake as a premise. That was when I used to think the intell community/Bush clan had my best interest in mind. Seeing it turn around and co-opt the Dem party and looking back on the Clintons galvanized my support of anyone who isn’t one of them. Trump is not.

The irony is not lost upon me that the people on the left (you guys) are firmly against the power the pervades the Dem party at this moment. These are the corporate politicians who have sold out America. They fooled you into voting for them. And the cheated and got caught #Dominion. Champagne gives one hell of a hangover. The red pills will help with that.

IBTL likes this.
  8. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Voter Fraud?? You are so wrong. It’s over. Look into Dominion. You’ve been misled and it won’t be too long until you start working your way through the 5 phases you previously posted. I’m not gonna be a dick about it. You’ll soon be as pissed off as we’ve been. Bank on it.

CometsWin likes this.
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Like how many conspiracys have to be disproved before you self reflect here?

mdrowe00, jiggyfly, IBTL and 3 others like this.
  10. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Freaking lol. These alternative "news" sites are working their magic on these guys.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

It’s not safe to vote by mail or machine unless you look like me. Everyone knows that.

mdrowe00 and IBTL like this.
  12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

https://www.cisa.gov/news/2020/11/1...ture-government-coordinating-council-election

WASHINGTON – The members of Election Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council (GCC) Executive Committee – Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Assistant Director Bob Kolasky, U.S. Election Assistance Commission Chair Benjamin Hovland, National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) President Maggie Toulouse Oliver, National Association of State Election Directors (NASED) President Lori Augino, and Escambia County (Florida) Supervisor of Elections David Stafford – and the members of the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Council (SCC) – Chair Brian Hancock (Unisyn Voting Solutions), Vice Chair Sam Derheimer (Hart InterCivic), Chris Wlaschin (Election Systems & Software), Ericka Haas (Electronic Registration Information Center), and Maria Bianchi (Democracy Works) - released the following statement:

“The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. Right now, across the country, election officials are reviewing and double checking the entire election process prior to finalizing the result.

“When states have close elections, many will recount ballots. All of the states with close results in the 2020 presidential race have paper records of each vote, allowing the ability to go back and count each ballot if necessary. This is an added benefit for security and resilience. This process allows for the identification and correction of any mistakes or errors. There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised.

“Other security measures like pre-election testing, state certification of voting equipment, and the U.S. Election Assistance Commission’s (EAC) certification of voting equipment help to build additional confidence in the voting systems used in 2020.

“While we know there are many unfounded claims and opportunities for misinformation about the process of our elections, we can assure you we have the utmost confidence in the security and integrity of our elections, and you should too. When you have questions, turn to elections officials as trusted voices as they administer elections.”

joshuaao and Kim like this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

at least Trump can boast he's got the most secure loss and non-concession in US history

mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That (baseless) claim, as I understands it, originated from OAN. Those guys aren’t reliable, to put it lightly.

Turns out there are more than one claim. I’m would be surprised if there is a coordinated attempt there. The AP looked into the claims.

https://apnews.com/article/election...dia-michigan-43bdaa186e3b8d9d897cae3bd0c6cdc0

Btw, I’m curious how do you become so sure to said ‘bank on it’. You already know, I believe, that disinformation is everywhere. How can you know OAN or social media you are reading is to be trusted 100% but info from AP is to be not trusted at all (if you still hold the position of ‘bank it’ after reading the AP link above).

#194 Amiga, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I am so tired of nutters.

There is so much serious s*** that needs to be done.

I guess they serve a purpose here on this forum as a foil for something to argue against. But it's the same guys saying the same stuff over and over and over.

B@ffled, Lar and dobro1229 like this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

no one is saying dems are perfect but its hard to take you seriously when the alternative is donald trump.

you are asking me to choose between an old pudding at lubys and dog sh*it ..I will take the pudding.

if biden turns out to be 1/100 as bad as trump we will all be forming groups to get him the f out..
    no one owes biden..no one owes trump anything...do you?

the idea of anti establish , disruptor, kind of guy is great it just so happens trump isnt that guy. you chose the wrong horse. hey that happens!

i dont know why this part is so hard for you to grasp you are a seemingly smart guy.

i think its funny repugs keep bringing up biden and we hit rock bottom so bad with trump that no one is thinking about next steps right now its just a concerted effort to get trump out.

you argue the cure is worse than the symptoms but we are way past that. sure biden could be the antichrist and trump so bad no one noticed.
    with how its going we are trying to get back to zero. trump was a really good chance for an outsider to do something cool and he blew it royally. he had senate in his back pocket and instead shutting down country over a vanity wall. this is just the a top of head example of many in a laundry list of hell you and i just lived through .

its like my son trying to make dinner. its nice idea but when he serves a cake that is all batter oil and raw eggs and a burnt steak its ok to say the idea was good and he just wasnt the one to do it. he failed and really had no business trying.

#196 IBTL, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

dont ya wish ya wish girlfriend was hot like me

conquistador#11 likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This line of argument that we should support Trump because he was against the invasion of Iraq is one that Trump has pushed but like a lot of things very questionable. First we have to keep in unlike Hillary Clinton or Biden he wasn't in government then to take a vote on authorization of force but also prior to that in a book in 2000 had said that a strike on Iraq might be necessary and had praised the invasion. He also said that we should take Iraq's oil.

Also as President we saw the Trump ramp up the attacks on ISIS but after the defeat of ISIS he didn't just withdraw US troops but redeployed them to guard Syrian oil fields.

Trump did criticize the invasion of Iraq after it was clear that things were going bad there in 2004 but he's hardly a peacenik and his rhetoric before the invasion and actions as President show he is all for blood for Oil.

mdrowe00, durvasa and IBTL like this.
  19. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

A good respectable website.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's apparently completely lost on you that when I said right wingers are unwilling or unable to discern facts from opinions you responded with another Q level crack pot conspiracy theory.

Jayzers_100 likes this.