1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you guys feel about this trade rumor?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vivi, Nov 13, 2020.

?

How do you feel about a similar trade? Worth it or not?

1. Definitely worth it

3.7%
  2. Hell no

54.5%
  3. I'd probably change something, it has potential

41.8%
  1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

A this point we do not need to add another pouty, under-performing "superstar" to this team while giving up another first round pick. We need as much draft capital as we can get.

J.R. likes this.
  2. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

This.

I still don't understand all these "Pandemic P" "Paul George sucks in the playoffs" narratives. Okay so he shot poorly over 13 games in this post season. Big deal. Is Harden not valuable either because he "choked in the finals with OKC" and "shrinks in the big moments"? Basically these are all results oriented narratives based on very small sample sizes. Paul George is a superior player than Westbrook and better fit with Harden, it's not even close.

HP3, tycoonchip, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  3. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Can you clarify how he is underperforming exactly? Without using a 13 game sample size as the main talking point, or "his team lost, therefore he wasn't good" type analysis?

The guy is averaging 20+ PPG in his career, in both the regular and post season, on very good efficiency.

HP3 likes this.
  4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

So you want me to make my point without including this year's playoff under performance? No, I won't do that, because it matters. He's got Harden big game syndrome. Want proof?

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty much this, the only thing i disagree with you is that personally, i think Allen and LeVert are the best pieces there, and they're still 22 and 26, Allen especially still has good upside imo, but yeah, none of them has star potential so, considering they have zero decent picks to trade, there's no point in making a trade with them.

clutch citizen likes this.
  6. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

I never said this year's playoffs couldn't be included, that's a straw man. I made the claim that a 13 game sample over 1 playoff bubble, used as the main evidence that he supposedly isn't good in the playoffs, is not sufficient. I included this years playoffs when I tallied his total playoff stats.

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You're right. You said main evidence. Well, he didn't do anything of note in OKC with RW. He had that commendable run in Indiana, which IMO he is still living off of, but other than that he's just a guy who can get you buckets, (a lot of buckets) who is mislabeled as a superstar. The Rockets shouldn't be in a position where they are giving up picks to get a guy like that. Now, if you add in this year's playoff performance, and his overall locker room reputation, its a hard pass from me.

pr0wler likes this.
  8. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

That's fair. I think that Paul George would look better in HOU compared to LAC, he's a great shooter and plays better next to shot creators. He was great in OKC next to Westbrook. But I agree I'm not sure if he's a true superstar either, more of a really good second option. Would be a nice fit next to James, but I wouldn't really be interested in sacrificing our future even more for short-term rentals.

T for 3 likes this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

George would look a lot better with a PG.

pr0wler likes this.
  10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Id do ego and russ for pg

BamBam likes this.
  11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Oooh, lol, you think Westbroke is good at basketball and is NOT the cause of everything that was wrong with both OKC and now Houston. Ok, that explains our impasse.

12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Is he better than Patrick Beverly? The point guard we had before we moved Harden over? Yeah he is. Better than Harden? Definitely not. You've been spoiled by Harden. What is a joke is you calling him trash and are willing to accept peanuts just to get rid of him. I'm not saying he is the best but he is better than anything we would get back. lol 27p 7r 7a former league MVP. You can't accept that. I never wanted him to begin with, but he's here now. Deal with it.

13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

we dont need to help anyone No Covington. Westbrook and Tucker is the limit. We should get players and draft picks back. Although I think Blake Griffin is the better option and a sign and trade with Woods

so Russ & Tucker for Woods and Blake

14. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

George would be a clear upgrade over Russ but would suck to lose Covington.

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden needs a Center/Power Forward that is a Second Option.

The League is PG/ PF League now.
    Lakers/Warriors/Heat

Maybe Blake Griffin can Revitalize his Career with James Harden. Blake Griffin does have Post Up Moves.

Mo Bamba and Aaron Gordon, D.J Augustin is the only trade I want.

Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon, P. J Tucker, Danuel House all should be traded to the Magic.

The Magic can be a Playoff team with this trade.5th seed at best.

#135 rockets1995, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

You can't go on a tirade about hyperbole in the same post that you call Paul George "peanuts". George is younger, cheaper (and on a shorter contract), AND better than Westbrook, especially next to Harden.

I mean if he plays like he played against Dallas every playoff series going forward, he's awful. But he's still not worse than Westbrook was. And he's cheaper.

17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

You still on this? Please see previous post where I stated ". Even if this happened Rockets would have to convince another star to sign outright once PG doesn't resign and signs with the Clippers/Lakers after the next season for cheap. How often have we had star free agents sign outright ? Dwight? Players are not exactly clamoring to play with Harden like Brody. You don't fix what not broken. Simply put, we have a better chance of being better than last season with him on the roster plus it keeps our options open for future better deals. If everybody and their momma think you want to fire sale Westbrook of course they are going to low ball you."

This trade does not make us better. Free up future cap space maybe but definitely not better.

lol PG is not Harden, PG ain't even Tmac and I despise Tmac fragile ass. He is a defensive player. That's it. A declining defensive player. Never was a offensive threat reliably. You guys let that BSPN fluff get you all hyped. I never thought Clippers were going all the way or the WCF. KL and PG are the same player. We have Roco. At this point in PG's career this would be a down grade. You guys are letting your personal feelings about contracts and style of play cloud your judgement.

WB is just superior at his position than PG is at his. If WB and PG hit their shots maybe we could have played each other in the playoffs, but they both didn't. Not just WB didn't his shots, PG was garbage too. So we swapping garbage just for the sake of it and some cap space? Then risk really pissing Harden off because his homeboy was too expensive for cheap Tilman? This deal your fighting so hard for me to agree with you on would be the nail in the coffin of Harden's time here for sure.

#137 Ramo$e, Nov 15, 2020
  18. bmelo

bmelo Member

„Aint even Tmac”
    „Trade Russ”
    „Ship CP old ass”

And then you wonder why nobody wants to play in Houston. Healthy Tmac was on pace to be top5 sg of all time and you just throw around his name like he was Danny Granger lol

19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

What does "not even Tmac" have to do with anything? I'm not the reason nobody wants to play here. You play for the Rockets (and make it out the first round) I'm your fan. You are correlating two things that don't go together. I'm just speaking truth. A healthy Tmac never made it out the first round. Blew 50 point leads in playoffs, don't get me started. lol I don't care honestly, PG never wanted to come in the first place that's why I don't want him now. You don't get players that you already know don't want to be here.

20. TimDuncanDonaut

RoCo is a walking definition of 3 & D, who's on a reasonable contract. Not throwing him in.

[​IMG]

#140 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 15, 2020
    Ramo$e likes this.