1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

To which...Trump just did his normal thing of saying that everything is fine and we’ll get through it among other crap

B-Bob and No Worries like this.
  2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I guess it could be worse, we could have this guy as President. He also apparently was upset about Biden potentially enforcing trade limits if they didn’t stop burning the Amazon and said that the way to deal with that is with gunpowder. Lovely.

3. conquistador#11

I'm not liking these numbers.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They reported 193,000 new Covid cases today on ABC news. Worldometer hasn't caught up yet. They usually don't get all their numbers in until almost 8 PM, so who knows what Texas will end up with. They show over 200 deaths already. Ugh

What's going to happen between now and April when we can all get a vaccine? This is so disturbing. Trump and his damn no mask stance and GOP enablers and cult following have been spreading this around for 7 months. This is what happens when you have a dipshit in charge who is a sociopath.

joshuaao, B-Bob, RayRay10 and 6 others like this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I thought we would not see a lockdown again. At this rate this early into the fall... smh.

joshuaao, B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Have y'all heard of exponentially growth... it really sneaks up on you.

joshuaao, B-Bob, No Worries and 3 others like this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We might have to start locking down in Texas before our hospitals get overwhelmed and people end up on cots in some makeshift field hospital.

What a horrible way to end your life. On a cot, uncomfortable, scared, with no family, & fighting for your last breath, like a war zone.
    No funeral, just a body in a refrigerated mobile morgue. The worst imaginable outcome. It's like a horror flick but really happening.

joshuaao, B-Bob, No Worries and 2 others like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Bolsonaro loses the next election I can se him pulling a Trump and not conceding but going further and try to stay in by force

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

We’re putting in new restrictions in Mn. I was going to stop and have a drink to support a friend who is a bartender but the bar she works at is packed inside so didn’t want to risk that much exposure. We already have inside restrictions but it looks like they aren’t being followed well and I’m guessing if numbers here keep on rising we might Bret another lockdown

If that happens I wonder how many of these bars are going to survive.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

11. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

One immediate improvement resulting from Biden defeating trump... states be willing to adopt mask policies...

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

How sad would it be that the vaccine is just around the corner and we ended up with an additional 15-20m cases and 200-300k dead before its widely distributed. Given that now we know it's could be 90%+ effective and that we may start to see some availability this winter, we are talking about just a few weeks of restrictions that could save millions from long term health impact and hundreds of thousands of deaths. The ending is in sight. Do we drag along a path of misery and death or lock down all non essential for ~4-6wks. This can only work if it's a national coordinated lock down with an emergency sustain the people and economy package.

Yes it won't happen given this admin. But I would be for it if it can happen.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  14. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Pretty much why I won’t be sending my kids to school anytime soon

joshuaao and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. conquistador#11

This reads like a future episode of Big Little Lies.

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yep I heard that and sadly am not surprised that MN GOP would do something like that. We're not as bad as our neighbors regarding infections but there are many who still think it is a hoax and we had several anti-lockdown protests here.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

And this is why we can't control this disease.

mdrowe00, B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  19. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Death rates are currently behind infection rates but they are creeping up and by now we should all know that they are a lagging indicator. Looking at the numbers come Thanksgiving we might see explosive death rates.

I don't know if even seeing empty place settings at Thanksgiving will bring home the seriousness of this disease.

mdrowe00 likes this.