1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What form of unity is Joey B. speaking of?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jcee15, Nov 13, 2020.

1. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

What boring words you’ve typed.

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I live like 45 minutes away from Fredericksburg. Wonderful vineyards, tasty selection of German inspired beers on tap, and some nice restaurants that server German inspired dishes. Or Jester King Brewery which has a large selection of German inspired beers. I believe New Braunfels also has a strong German immigrant population. Gruene Hall is legendary in Texas. And I know that extends out to many other counties around Texas. I don't personally put down German culture or white immigrants. Or French, or English or Polish or Russian or whatever you deem as a white populated nation. The people that put them down suck, I agree, at least if it's done with malice.

I flip on Netflix and there's how many Nordic/Viking inspired shows? Or shows that cover British or French Empire history? Or American military shows that have primarily almost all white cast? Like Band of Brothers and the Pacific are some of my favorite war time television, and this isn't even a complaint of mine, so much as it is an observation, but there isn't a lot of other people of color on that show. Again, I don't even mind. It's wonderful television. I think there's plenty of "white" culture that isn't mocked by your average American citizen. The one's that do mock "white" culture with malice do indeed suck. Why are you listening to those people?

I just don't get the infatuation with designating what is and isn't white, and how other people choose to respond to it.

EDIT: I've never once asked for a white beer, but I have asked if there's any German Pilsners on tap. I've never asked to eat white food. I have suggested going out to French diners though. I don't get the fascination with labeling what is and isn't white.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. biina

biina Member

There is nothing to be ashamed of in being lexicaly challenged

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We should all pool together and get jce15 23andme for a public reveal. I'd love to see his face when he finds he is 1% Sub-Saharan African and 3% Ashkenazi Jew.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, it isn't. Australian lands are called Australia, not white lands Australia. There are no white lands.

Poor whites being so discriminated against. lol.

6. jcee15

Address my point.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I find this whole thing kind of odd like...

Say, you have white children...ok, and they have white children, what does it matter then who your grand children...your great grand children...reproduce with? You have 0 control over this.

Like, who sits here and thinks "Gee, I really hope my great great great grandchildren are white and that the USA is majority white!"

Seems like a silly thing to waste time thinking about.

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I mean if your complexion is white, chances are you have at least a little bit of Neanderthal DNA inside of you. If you're from Polynesian islands, you might share Denisovan DNA. Imagine being alive way back then where there were other humanoids of a different species you really could crossbreed with. Our ancestors weren't picky. Some people aren't right now.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wow, you are claiming immigration is genocide of whites????

IBTL likes this.
  10. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Why does this matter? This land had a white population of zero once upon a time before the white immigrant moved in. Are you concerned white folks will end up relegated to tiny swaths of land where they can retain their culture much like the Native American population? If anyone has any immigration grievance it is the Native American people.

DVauthrin, IBTL and London'sBurning like this.
  11. AkeemTheDreem86

Because the girl he likes bangs a Latino dude, presumably?

jiggyfly and vlaurelio like this.
  12. jcee15

Then why are you here? If it belongs to “natives” you should go.
    You think white people will start receiving privileges when they become a minority? Look at South Africa or Rhodesia or Haiti. Wholesale murdering. That’s why I care
    Mass immigration is only happening in white countries. London is less than 50% British.

13. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I’m here because my ancestors were anchor babies from the original mass migration in the 1900s. Are you worried you’ll share the same fate of Native Americans? Are you worried an immigrant may knock on your door offering you a WMD-like blanket covered in COVID-19 much like Native Americans were given smallpox-infected blankets by British colonists?

DVauthrin, IBTL and vlaurelio like this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Doesn't this argument admit that all the grievances that minorities have had are true and that we should protect minority groups, no matter who they are?

South Africa, Rhodesia, Haiti? Do you think the groups that started 'wholesale' murdering, had cause to murder? You make it seem like they just snapped and that there was no context to the history there.

What makes you think that black people or latino people or asian people want to get together and murder white people?

DVauthrin and London'sBurning like this.
  15. jcee15

I’m a French and British mutt.

16. jcee15

There’s a reason they're called POC and whites are on their own.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

POC is a dumb term that should not exist IMHO. it

I don't see that there is any reason to fear this genocide unless you think non-white races are somehow more violent. I think history shows every group of people is capable of astonishing and horrific violence and that violence always comes with some kind of context. It's not like once/if white americans become a minority the other demographics are going to say "Well, now here is our chance!"

DVauthrin likes this.
  18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

jcee, you can always seek refugee status in say Poland, I think they might be white and non-diverse for your tastes
    dachuda, jcee is your soulmate.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Many people are confident that they know until they actually get sequenced.

Buck Turgidson and IBTL like this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I take offense to calling the US or the UK a white country. Being white isn't what makes you America or British. Being white just means you lack pigment, you fool.

And whites aren't getting murdered in those countries outside of normal crime. Traditionally it was the whites who did the murdering. You are one very confused person

DVauthrin likes this.