1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: James Harden Accountability, P.J. Tucker Contract Among Rockets' Gripes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Nov 12, 2020.

1. rockets13champs

I understand Daryl.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Is it fact or not?

Enough with the Trumpian alternate realities argument.

3. dmoneybangbang

Obviously we want the best players around Harden but he doesn't do much off ball work to help his teammates out. Everyone seems to tailor their game to how Harden wants to play and I think we've seen the limitations of that philosophy.

subtomic likes this.
  4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

So you only care about facts regardless of context? In other words, intellectual dishonesty.

For instance, the following statement is true, but wouldn't you agree it lacks context?

"Unlike James Harden, Dwight Howard and Jeremy Lin are NBA champions."

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

So Draymond Green is NOT a multiple All Star and DPOY????

If anyone is guilty of intellectual dishonesty it is you.

Pathetic.

Icehouse and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. HardenVolumeOne

dont forget all-nba defender iggy and andrew bogut.. curry has had tons of help second to only lebron

and a backup in shaun livingston who grades comparably according to nbadraft.net to potential number 1 overall pick lamelo ball

Icehouse, cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.
  7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The question is, would he be a multiple all-star if he weren't in a system that was perfect for him? His stats are inflated because GSW has 2 of the best off-ball players ever. On other teams, would he be allowed to handle the ball as often?

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Again, deal with the reality as you know it instead of the reality that you pretend would have happened.

What is wrong with you, seriously?

9. HardenVolumeOne

Curry wasnt an atg under mark jackson, he wasnt in mvp races until steve kerrs system came along. Harden has been an mvp candidate and 6 moty under 3 head coaches in the nba

so people say dantoni made harden, what about steve kerr and curry. Also im on basketball refernce right now, and its crazy how much of an outlier that 2016 season is for curry. Its not consistent production like you get with harden. and his PER and advanced stats show that out in the numbers. because after that 2016 season his numbers regressed back to normal. You can say that was Durant but whatever he didnt have a PER approach that number since then. Curry had a chance to shut guys like me up this year and show he can do it without an all-star cast( although i would argue having dangelo russell, paschall, looney, and draymond) should be enough to not get blown out by 30 to the suns at home

D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Oh, we're only dealing with reality? Then why are we arguing? Curry is clearly better. Multiple championships, multiple MVP's, and GOAT shooter. It's no contest.

Context matters. I think Curry robbed Harden of an MVP. However, you don't want me to argue that because that's not reality? It's sports. Hypotheticals come with the territory.

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

He was evolving into one. Monta Ellis left the team after the 2012 season. In the 2013 season (under Mark Jackson), the Warriors won 47 games, and Curry averaged 23ppg and 7apg while shooting 45% from the 3pt line. In the 2014 season (Jackson), the Warriors won 51 games, and Curry averaged 24/8.5 on 42.4% 3pt shooting. That year, Harden was #5 in MVP voting. Curry was #6.

Also note that Klay Thompson was a rookie in 2012 and Draymond Green/Harrison Barnes were rookies in 2013. Kerr took over in 2015.

Disagree. Look at his shooting percentages throughout his career. They're consistent.

GSW lost to the Suns by 11, and that was the game Curry broke his wrist and played 21 minutes.....

Also, do you think that Russell, Paschall, Looney, and Draymond Green are a good supporting cast? You listed 3 non-shooters and 1 streaky shooter. Your expectations of Curry are WAY too high.

#191 wekko368, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Here is a positive spin- the Rockets might be Fertitta's best asset moving forward and this tumultuous season and off-season might help him make more sound long term decisions. If he truly wants this to be a family business that is viable moving forward he needs to make sure it is on a sound footing. The first step was building a solid coaching staff after running a bit of a skeleton crew lately. I credit the organization for doing this. I hope Stone has more basketball people to help him. I want the front office built up. I want the team to continue to use the Vipers as way to build their system and hone young players. I don't want Patrick Fertitta to have a bigger voice than actual experienced NBA front office veterans. I am hopeful...but I don't expect much until proven otherwise. However, if you are alive, you have hope.

Thinking about Batman Jones' post....I get what he is saying. Every point he makes is valid. I can never give up being a Rockets fan, though. The hook is too deep. I have lived in New Zealand since 2002 and I have bought league pass every year since, I don't know, 2007? My wife Danielle and I got together in 1998. She told me the other day that literally every year since we got together I predicted the Rockets would win it all. I doubt I said this in 2012, but the point stands. She told me I have looked at her at some point and very solemnly declared that "this could be our year." So, I am a sucker and I guess I will continue to be so.

joshuaao and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay, if this is true......than damn man. Chris really tried to little brother Harden constantly. I love Cp3 man...why do you have to "assert" yourself at all dude. You can still be the leader of the team without trying to little brother Harden man. Ugh

D-rock likes this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We had lock room issues in '15-16. Dwight was the second banana and McHale was the coach.
    We had lock room issues in '18-19. CP3 was the second banana and MDA was the coach.
    We had locker room issues in '19-20. Westbrook was the second banana and MDA was the coach.

There were two constants: Morey and Harden, the top of the FO and the top of the players.

I am not blaming them in terms of what they can do. They are amazing in what they do. Harden is amazing in putting the basketball in the hoop. Morey is amazing in managing assets and finding undervalued talent. But neither guy is a good leader. Same with McHale and MDA.

The Rockets have had leadership issues since the early '10s. Prolonged locker room problems are usually a symptoms of lack of good leadership. Now add to that with having one of the worst leaders taking over the ownership. I am not optimistic for this franchise's future. Maybe Stone and Silas can make a difference. But I am not holding my breath.

joshuaao and dmoneybangbang like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

When you argue that Draymond should not be considered an All Star, you lose ALL credibility because guess what, not only was Draymond an multiple All Star he was also the DPOY.

That makes him an asset to Curry rather than the anchor you are portraying him to be.

Curry has been buoyed by his teammates, that is a FACT.

Icehouse and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

It gets worse.

CP3 was AWOL entire series except for Game 6, then he starts crying.

Remember this CF. Truth matters.

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You know that several players have won DPOY without being named an all-star, right?

Absolutely wrong. I've never implied that Draymond Green is an anchor. Is this how you argue? By making false quotes? You're despicable.....absolutely the worst kind of poster.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

What is your point then dumbass???

You've been arguing this whole time that Draymond is some fake All Star and has nothing to do with all the help that Steph has had in some desperate attempt to minimize and deride Harden.

If anyone is trying to create BS narratives here, look in the mirror you F'ing mental midget.

The FACTS are clear, Steph has had at least 2 All Stars around him, and sometimes FOUR, during GSW championship seasons.

Harden has barely had a single All Star to pair with him during the same time period.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

What BS narrative? How did Draymond Green do this past season? It should be crystal clear that he was an all-star b/c he was in a situation that was perfect for him. How can you argue against that?

What's your point? That Curry should be penalized because other stars want to play with his unselfish brand of basketball? Or he should be penalized because he has good relationships with his teammates unlike other superstars?

Also, not all "all-stars" are equal. Dwight Howard finished 2nd in MVP voting one year. Same with CP3. Westbrook actually won an MVP.