1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you guys feel about this trade rumor?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vivi, Nov 13, 2020.

?

How do you feel about a similar trade? Worth it or not?

1. Definitely worth it

3.7%
  2. Hell no

54.5%
  3. I'd probably change something, it has potential

41.8%
  1. D-rock

D-rock Member

For one, the $$$ do not even come close. If you are going to lie about a rumored trade, at least run it thru a trade generator or learn basic math.

And I dont think Rockets can even trade 2023 FRP.

RoCo is a core player on this team, 2nd only to Harden.

Clips and the guy who came up with this trade can F OFF!

#81 D-rock, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    RocketRed84, Ramo$e, saleem and 2 others like this.
  2. finsraider

finsraider Member

not what I’m saying.

If harden demands a trade, a full tear down is the best way forward for our aging roster.

of course actually having Harden is better, which is why we should play out this season and hope for the best. But after that, getting someone like Booker for Harden wont put us on the path to a championship.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

if harden demands out then yeah everything changes instantly of course. but as of now, he hasn't

phx won't do it but Booker is going to be damn good and one of the future's top players in this league. If harden demands out and they had the opportunity to get booker that's a no brainer. He just turned 24 with the best days of his career ahead of him

Dacamel likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That trade is absolutely disgusting.

mikol13, HardenVolumeOne and D-rock like this.
  5. finsraider

finsraider Member

i don’t think the timeline looks favorable there. Hes signed for 4 more years. If you trade for him next offseason, that’s 3 more years. The last year doesn’t count if you’re not competing, as he will force a trade. So you have 2 years to build a contender around him, with very little assets to do so.

That’s why the tank strategy is popular, and works if you’ve got a smart front office. In theory, from year 1, you have 8-9 years to build a contender.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

you first have to get a actual relevant player to make yourself even in the conversation. and the FO is very much not something people are looking forward to around here. I mean unless you're a Patrick fan and it goes without saying who this owner is

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

nope and with all these lowball offers for Westbrook including the one from the Knicks (Randle + a 2nd round pick for WB, LMAO)

We might as well wait until trade deadline before dealing him. It's possible Westbrook has a resurgence and play up his value.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It would help if OP would put the rumor in the title. I was looking for this thread that discusses PG13 and Russ for an hour.

#88 DreamShook, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  9. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Perfect!

D-rock likes this.
  10. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I don't like it. Russ is bad but not bad enough for us to broker our future further. Westbrook denied these rumors but I'll play along. PG is not the answer. Covington is longer and hits shots more consistency. Cov should be untouchable. He can play 2-4 if needed. What people don't understand is even if Westbrook did ask for a trade why make a move now? He still has time on his contract. WHY would Westbrook get a choice in where he will go? lol It's our team losing out on assets and income. There is no reason to fire sale Westbrook just to get him off the books with giving another 1st pick. This is another Paul deal media is trying to force. Clippers can send us some from 1st rounds though. Teams either want or do not want what we have. If they do they will pay equal value or more. Rockets are fine running TWO former MVP's back out on the floor. Only people that have a problem with it are fake fans and concerned media. Houston always getting in the way of their darlings, even without Morey. I can't wait for December.

I like our team now (just add some athletic/shooting centers) better than anything Clips could send us a lot better than any lineup we would put out after the fact. This isn't 2k you don't make trades just because random players are available. PG was a sure fire pickup a couple of season ago....he is past his prime.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Top tier years ago.....Covington looked better in the playoffs. Might be a better deal just to keep him.

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

I'm not completely opposed to a PG for Russ swap straight up but anything more than that from us would be too much. I mean, there's a legitimate case to be made for Covington having a better postseason than PG.

sungjina, abaker28 and Ramo$e like this.
  13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Philly isn't exactly doing great with the full hinkie method...i understand probability, but tanking isn't literally the only way to win a ring. No one knows how this front office will do in the draft. Plenty of examples of teams tanking that failed miserably. Booker has played enough to know he's the real thing. He's going to be averaging 30 soon. That's a major piece to building a championship team. You're not just plucking in Booker for Harden, you're going to change the whole roster and get Booker help that can grow with him.

This team needs to be careful about waiting for Harden to demand a trade a year from now. the closer he is to opting out the more leverage he has. if he puts Houston in a situation where they HAVE to trade him to his preferred team, Houston may not get much back.

14. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

15. HROZ

HROZ Member

People here are seriously underestimating George's worth.

Westbrook's trade value is much lower than Paul's.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Burt Steele hitting us with them faxxx lol

17. ball king23

ball king23 Member

no we do not need to move backwards no that is not worth the trade we should stop giving up picks

Ramo$e likes this.
  18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Philly who?
    He repeats what he hears from Perk. Perk slow talking ass said the same thing yesterday. Something dumb to the effect that you might as well trade Harden now because you won't get equal value back..."(so on and so forth) Same smoke and mirrors as always. They want Harden now....not when is contract is up. Every free agent doesn't have to be traded especially if you want to resign him. When Harden is ready he will let us know. Not media.

19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

It is not. Has PG been MVP of the league like Russ? Has PG taken OKC to the WCF? Granted Russ had KD but PG was put in his place. What happen? His offense is the problem, not his defense.

20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Philly who?
    Houston can trade him to whoever. Once you request a trade you have no say in where you are going.