1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russ claims recent reports fabricated on IG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 13, 2020.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rivers already did the team a solid by signing for the vet min. With so much uncertainty next season it makes sense if he wants out. Lakers should take a look at him they need a pg to relieve rondo.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Not really if Harden isn’t on the team.

3. Bo6

Bo6 Member

the fact that we could actually RECEIVE assets for Russ in a trade is the best news we've had in months.

4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I learned to ignore SAS like 10 years ago because all he does is dramatize things to a degree which seems to make what he says untrue. He says something wild, someone else jumps in to save the day/take the bait, and he spends however long walking it back to reality and acting like he was right the whole time, calling everyone else a fool, etc. Rinse and repeat. Or how often ESPN is trying to tear the Rockets down in the offseason? Cool they were right ONE TIME about CP3 getting traded, even while it seems the truth of the situation isn't something they can speak on authoritatively. I mean, it seems like a guess that was partially correct. Wouldn't you agree?

Westbrook has been here one tumultuous year. Not like a PR game is necessary right now.

Stephen_A, D-rock and csc177 like this.
  5. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Well, it will all come out in the wash eventually.

Clickbait drama and non Rocket fan agendas are boring.

It is what it is, just make a strong plan, get in the gym and get ready for next season regardless.

6. csc177

csc177 Member

Huh? What are you even talking about guy?
    Go back to the children’s table, grown ups are talking.

7. csc177

csc177 Member

I hear you. Nothing surprises me at the point when whispers leak that’s all I’m saying.

As fans, it won’t hit us with complete shock If WB leaves - we’ve read this book before.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

maybe you should go back in and read what I actually posted. As in slower. it agrees with what I quoted from you genius. :rolleyes:

#68 YOLO, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    csc177 likes this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Man, if there were ever a smart time to dump Harden and Westbrook and go full-on Hinkie tank, this might be it. Six top 4 picks in the next six years? Not even counting whatever picks we'd bring in for James and Russ?

Just out of curiosity, I went back through the last 6 drafts and put together a roster from players who were available in the #4 spot:

Tyler Herro
    Trae Young
    Bam Adebayo
    Jamal Murray
    Kristaps Porziņģis
    Zach LaVine

Not too shabby. The thing is, we have no idea how this current FO will do in the draft. Pick poorly in spot #4 over those same six years and you end up with:

Jabari Parker
    Jahlil Okafor
    Dragan Bender
    Markelle Fultz
    Marvin Bagley III
    Cameron Johnson

:eek::oops:

#69 topfive, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    harold bingo likes this.
  10. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I will continue to say both James and Russ will start the season as Rockets. Whether they finish as Rockets depends on the the FO and Silas's coaching style. The organization is definitely on the clock, but let's not get it twisted James and Russ are on the clock as well.

Russell Westbrook wanted more 'accountability' from Harden, Rockets

I believe Russ made this request, but just like in a marriage. You can't make this request and then not give your partner time to make it right.

All the other stuff about shots, contracts, and star player treatment. No surprise there, that is every NBA team to a degree.

#70 ballplayer, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    joshuaao, jch1911, Stephen_A and 2 others like this.
  11. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

I can see a 2024 roster trying to make sure we are last (only way to ensure we keep the pick), where the main star is Sergio Llull at 36

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Trust me, if they listened to me, it wouldn't take 2 seasons. It's right in front of them in plain sight! The James Harden and Chris Paul team was the only Rockets team to have the full Warriors arsenal thrown at them and still had the Warriors on their heels. James Harden doesn't want to play with Chris Paul. So what exactly does James Harden want? He definitely doesn't want to win. He just wants to dribble and come up with some corny new move every srason. I've said it before and I'll say it again and again .
    James Harden is the problem.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol why do people always believe what they read? Writers play on people’s emotions and write stories to provoke and summon our anger and anxiety. Take Brian Windhorst of ESPN. He wrote “New coach Stephen Silas has said he does not intend to change the offense very much.” For those that actually watched the press conference Silas said he will keep what has been working and what allows Harden to be great. But he will make the offense more unpredictable with more actions including attacking early, skip passes, and a system that makes it easier on Harden and Westbrook to score instead of working too hard. This is how media spins what was actually said. Lol yall keep falling for media tricks. I am sure if a journalist comes to your department in your company they can spin tales of bitter relationships and dysfunctional teams etc. lol

14. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Russell Westbrook and JamesHarden are on the Rockets!
    #dontpullahinkie

D-rock likes this.
  15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

yeah if they keep russ on add some pieces (ibaka) start winning games all will be right in H town.

D-rock and ballplayer like this.
  16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yeah, except the "whispers" are coming from a guy affectionately known as "Screaming A Smith".

I'll be surprised. It wasn't a shock that CP b****ed his way off the team, that might not have been apparent from the national perspective but anyone who doesn't just watch the ball could see CP constantly berating Harden...who was in god mode that whole year. People act like CP made a comeback too, as though he weren't a walking, talking sandbag all of 18-19 or as if they had no chance to win that year. They did, it just wasn't his hamstring it was his ego and his ****ing mouth. **** Chris Paul man, I know I'm on a side note for real but I can't believe we supported that ****-knocking choke artist. A literal anthropomorphic sandbag. Sandbag Squarepants.

csc177 likes this.
  17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

19. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I would like the Ibaka addition!!! I also would like to see Cousins. I think Cousins, Ibaka, and Russ and Harden would be solid in the west. I think we will need a little intimidation on our team to win and I also feel James will be accountable to Cousins, Ibaka, and Russ.

20. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I mean #dontpullapresti

D-rock likes this.