1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I think rus is out. everything this year will be a last ditch effort to keep harden from asking out.

I'm betting harden stays this year. gordon probably can't be traded with his age/contract. roco shouldn't be traded as long as harden is here since he's a perfect fit, unless we get a star in rerun.

that means we can trade rus, house, pj, and probably McLemore before we have to pay him next summer.

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this is accurate.

honestly it shouldn't be hard to rebuild a championship team on the fly if you're starting with a top 5 player and a top tier defender.

however we have to give up the idea of the superteam. surround James with high end starers like roco at every position, and a deep bench.

Ramo$e and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Couldn't agree more. I think someone like Brogdon would be a perfect fit, bringing 50/40/90. From a scoring standpoint, he will knock down shots at a similar consistency as CP3. Then add Turner and maybe a first rounder that over performs (someone like Herro) and you have team where everybody knows their role.

We've seen it time and time again, teams trade superstars and the haul ends up being better than the star. I don't think OKC would have been much better last year with George and Westbrook, also factor in those two players may have been the worst two players in the playoffs in the second round.

I really think the Rockets need a dead eye shooter, someone that players will pass up their shot to make sure he gets the shot. Brogdon can be that because he doesn't have to create, James will draw the doubles and kick.

The draft makes all of this even more interesting. If Rockets can finally draft in the first round, then we hope to get a Horry or Cassell, someone that contribute right away.

AXG, HardenVolumeOne and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

take the clippers for instance. sending them rus would be like sending them a Trojan horse. they think they just got a big 3 and became title favorites but the more possessions that go to rus instead of kawhi the worse off they are.

meanwhile if we can land zubac, Beverley, and Lou, we would add elite rim protection and rebounding and elite on ball defense. so I'm starting with a lineup of bev-harden-roco-zubac. sign a 2/3 with the MLE like Mathews or harkless. and you have Lou, ego, house, PJ coming off the bench. I honestly think this is a better team than last year.

if a star becomes available you can create a lot of different packages because everyone (except ego) is a positive asset. but in the meantime you have a great defensive team with scoring punch and depth.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I bet Russ is with the team when the season starts.

DCHAMP, clos4life, Ramo$e and 3 others like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not enough

7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't be happy with that haul. Lou is great when he is the man on offense, but that will only be the case fpr like 10 minutes a game. Beverly can't stay healthy and Zubac doesn't have the athleticism for pick and roll alley oops. Also, do you really think Lou Williams being the center piece is enough? He was attained for a late first a few years ago. I think a player like Lou and a top 5 pick would be fair value.

clos4life and Plowman like this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I hope not. We've seen that movie before and didn't like it. Remember?

ApacheWarrior and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. fattz

fattz Member

Add House into the Magic deal for Bamba, too. This was rumored early in the offseason. No Leonard unless on a vet minimum just sign high motor length with a long ball (Bruno types) and flip Fultz for a 3&D wing.

Simmons playing 5 out OR bulk him up a little and let him be the point/5 unicorn.

I think after about 1/4 of a season we will not care about ANYTHING or ANYONE form or past.

Only thing left to do is change to uniforms to signify the new start.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I think Lou is salary matching. zubac is the centerpiece. 23 years old, positive defensive RAPTOR, elite defensive rebounder and rim protection, locked into $7M for 3 years. if Zubac was in this draft he'd be a top 5-10 pick. beverley is injury prone but as we know he's a great complement at PG to harden. together zubac and Bev address major weaknesses of on-ball defense, rebounding, and paint protection. they have flaws but so does rus. they help in many ways that rus does not. plus the bench of Lou-ego-house-pj is maybe the best in the league.

lou is a throw in but he's a positive trade asset with only $8M ending this season. Package him with PJ who's on $7.9M ending this year and you've got a pretty good follow-up trade package. could we get oubre? oladipo? bledsoe? a.gordon? package Lou and ego to get love? horford? Hield? lots of options when you have 7 positive trade assets.

I mean its not a flashy trade but I do believe it makes the team deeper and more versatile, and better than last year.

11. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I’d do the trade in a heartbeat.

smoothie likes this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I said I would be fine with a package of Lou/Zubac/Beverley for Westbrook weeks back and some questioned it. Like are you getting an All Star back in return? Obviously not but those are three very solid players and provides the team with depth around Harden if/when Tyson Chandler and Austin Rivers leave. We roll with that team and if Harden indeed wants to bolt too at least we have multiple players that can be moved easily vs one huge $41 million asset. I have no issues watching a line up of:

Zubac
    Tucker
    Covington
    Harden
    Beverley

With Gordon and Lou coming off the bench. Re-sign old man Green and hope you can pry my boy Baynes from another team's grasp and you have a legit 10 man rotation:

Zubac/Baynes
    Tucker/Green
    Covington/House
    Harden/Gordon
    Beverly/Williams

13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Beverley is overrated, give me Shamet

D-rock and Htown Legend like this.
  14. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Austin Rivers over both Beverey and Shamet anytime

Austin Rivers is extremely underrated. Such a loss, would rather have him in the roster than Russell Westbrook.

15. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

... ...

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Honestly Austin Rivers is about to be exposed all over again for the player he really is without a freelance Mike Dantoni system just like before he came to Houston.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

We have to accept the fact Russ is not going anywhere. No it's not ideal but probably should start planning around it. People start these rumors looking for discounts. Not going to happen. Especially when we over paid for him. The worst thing about Westbrook is his horrid 3pt% and turnovers but 27p 7r 7a is not bad at all. Harden will still need help next season.

18. rockets13champs

Transaction period opens in 51 mins

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

What transaction petiod?

20. rockets13champs

Transaction period is supposed to open 15 or 16 but they never specified so I think it opens either in 30 mins or monday