1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Got Em'

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

God always gets those that need to get got.

RayRay10, mdrowe00, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That sounds like a really happy marriage.

IBTL, RayRay10, Nook and 4 others like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Just to be clear people, this is a parody. She's funny though.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Me and the kids leaving emoji. Lmao.

Yung-T, RayRay10, Lar and 1 other person like this.
  7. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

That seals it. Lock this thread up Clutch.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

*Post-game analysis* enters the chat

IBTL and TWS1986 like this.
  9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I just noticed but @King1 roasted the **** out of you. Easy going dude you...I like it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

jiggyfly, Yung-T, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Someday I want to be as cool as him.

jiggyfly, Yung-T, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If anyone cares what Peggy Noonan thinks. Better hope it's a small and insurmountable speed bump for the transition, though I'm sure that b*stard's petty nature will hold out every bit of support until Jan 20, even if he concedes-not concedes by December. That's a still a big delay if true, Peggy...

Wonder what her thoughts on their paper shredding and "deep state" burrowing of Trump lackies will be.... "It happens all the time"?
    Opinion | Biden Knows What the Other Side Is Thinking
    Peggy Noonan

Where are we? Waiting, as the process plays out. In a week of talking to Republican political leaders, all by nature competitive, most veterans of tough races, I haven’t found one who believes Donald Trump won. All believe that there was fraud in the vote, and that this year’s semicrazy pandemic rules made clear the need for some baseline national voting standards. But none believe, though some seemed hoping, there was enough fraud to change the result.

They expect this will become clear through failed lawsuits and the production by the states of final certified votes. Would it be better if Republican senators, say, came forward and asserted the obvious, that Joe Biden won? Yes, if only for the sake of honesty and to show the Biden half of the country that they can see and have eyes.

But here is a rough sense of how some senators see things. They are leaders in a sharply, at times violently divided country and represent a party half of whose base is fed, daily, algorithmic incitements to suspicion and anger. The president leads this, fans it, gains from it. They lack the credibility with Mr. Trump’s base that the president has. They don’t want to jeopardize themselves over something that will be resolved through time. So hold off, lower the temperature, support the system. Recounts and court decisions will reassure some voters that every effort was made to get at the truth. This can buttress confidence in democratic processes and encourage a sense of their fundamental soundness. Taking time to get it right will have the effect of tamping down a destructive stabbed-in-the-back mythology among Trump supporters inclined in that direction.

I suspect the long process will also have the effect, in the end, of strengthening the position of the incoming president, Mr. Biden. The courts and the close states examined his victory and found it to be real. Onward.

Something happened Tuesday that I realized I didn’t think I’d witnessed in a decade. It was when Mr. Biden spoke and took a few questions in Wilmington, Del. I got the distinct impression as the old Senate veteran spoke that he knew exactly what the other side was thinking and . . . understood. He offered a pitch-perfect, bemused acceptance of the president’s behavior. Mr. Trump’s refusal to concede is “an embarrassment,” no more: “The fact that they’re not willing to acknowledge who won at this point is not of much consequence in our planning and what we’re able to do.” He condemned no one. “I hope I get a chance to speak to Mitch”—McConnell, the Senate majority leader.

On being denied the usual courtesy of the presidential daily briefing, “Obviously the PDB would be useful, but not necessary.”

Everyone said it was good but no, it was a small master class.

The past few days I reached out to some wise people, accomplished individuals whose love of country has been expressed through their careers.

I told the former Indiana governor and current president of Purdue University that I was calling people I knew to be sane. “That won’t keep you busy,” Mitch Daniels said.

He was upbeat on the election. “It seems to me the country just basically said it hadn’t lost its mind. I was stunned at the success the Republicans had in the congressional elections and in the state initiatives.”

He was hopeful about the presidential impasse. “I honestly think this mess offers an opportunity to, at the right moment, have a Goldwater moment.” That was when Republican members of Congress went to President Richard Nixon, during Watergate, and told him it was over. It was a moment of country over party. “It would signal that we got to get on with the business of the country now,” Mr. Daniels said.

Bill Brock, a former representative, senator, cabinet member and head of the Republican National Committee, believes in his party as a constructive force in the world. He doesn’t like the president using words like “stolen” when he speaks of the election: “Of course there was some fraud. Did it change the outcome? No. . . . This leaves a situation where President Trump uses his words and his desire to go out in the field again, but the effect will be to disillusion his own supporters. He’s using their loyalty to justify the fact that he lost an election that he did not believe he’d lose. He’s using their loyalty to cover the fact he lost. And he exposes them to the hazard of finding out that the election was over and that there was no theft of adequate size to change the outcome.”

He believes Mr. Trump sent his followers on the field without weapons. His voters chose him because they were “desperate for someone who they felt understood them, that no one else hears them. They wanted a voice and they got him and he was a loud voice and he’d be heard, and he changed the world in many good ways. But that voice now is in defense of his own situation.

“Nothing will change the results in a given state. The Biden margin is now sufficient that it would take all the close states. That is not possible. To leave the impression it is possible will leave many people disillusioned.”

As for Mr. McConnell, “Mitch is trying to keep people together so there’s some coherence” when the process is over.

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice calls for sensitivity and a sense of mutual give. On Sunday she tweeted: “Congratulations President-elect @JoeBiden and Vice President-elect @KamalaHarris.”

But she also told me, “We need to worry about how bitterly divided we are. The level of anger is so high.” Trump supporters feel he was never given a chance: “I think we all need to take a deep breath. More than 70 million Americans voted for President Trump, and some reassurance through the process that this has been done fairly is not a bad thing.”

“It will be better when all this is over, and done expeditiously. I trust, and I think most Americans trust, the courts to get this right.”

As for the transition, “most of what you need to do in a transition you can do without the formality. The hardest part is getting your team in place, making personnel decisions, and then vetting those you’ve chosen. It’s not ideal that it hasn’t formally started. It would have been ideal to have it settled on election night and ideal to have a ‘normal’ transition, but they are experienced people.”

On the withholding of the presidential daily briefing, she says, “Sen. Harris has served on the Intelligence Committee, there is not much that will surprise her. Joe Biden has been vice president for eight years. The idea that we’re endangering national security is, I think, overblown.”

She is a veteran of Bush v. Gore. The official Bush transition didn’t begin until after the Supreme Court ruled on Dec. 12, 2000. Until then everything was uncertain—“it all came down to 537 votes in Florida, not multiple states with significant margins. I remember Gov. Bush calling me and saying, ‘I’d like you to be national security adviser.’ And I thought but didn’t say, ‘Yes sir, if you’re president.’ ”

Like everyone else I spoke to she wanted to see election reform.

Beyond that: “Trust the process that we are in. Our institutions work.”​

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. thejav

thejav Member

So where is trump finding lawyer's willing to lie and get disbarred about evidence of fraud??

IBTL, Yung-T, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a reason why his lawyers are losing and even got rejected because they didn't know how to file.

Yung-T, RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

To think I actually liked Lou Dobbs at one time. He turned out to be a real imbecile.

IBTL, Lar, No Worries and 6 others like this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

I will always love this man

Lar, No Worries, Yung-T and 5 others like this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Yeah, she tryin to get her own netflix show too

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Burrow candidates for US Attorneys 2021?

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

RayRay10 likes this.