1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dont count out CLE and Kevin Love for a Westbrook trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

I wonder if the Cavs would do Westbrook for Love, Sexton, and a first

finsraider and Cstyle42 like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/SC5rEI-_B

Rafael Stone is the creator of the move we did to get CP3. acquiring players to trade in an aggregate. Essentially we would be trading Eric and House for Drummond.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Keith Jones faints.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Perkins is a personal friend of Harden.

I'm not sure why people readily dismiss him.

I think the Rockets should explore it, if there is a chance it will destroy the franchise for years to come if we end up losing Harden for nothing or can only trade him after he's had some injury or something.

EDIT: Yes, I don't have much faith in Tilman to do right...it is what it is though. I don't want Harden to bail when we can get a kings bounty for him right here, right now, maybe even a #1 pick. We ain't getting another star to pair with Harden, lets be real here.

5. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Not saying he is wrong, but the embellishment is something serious.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

He's like Shaq a whole lot of noise, but nothing between the ears but air. I find it hard to believe these players would confide in known rumor starters. They literally do this for a living. What will Perk say next time he see's Harden and Westbrook? Nothing, but tell them it's part of the job and he has to get this bread blah, blah, blah. This won't hurt their relationship like at all.

D-rock likes this.
  7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

send them to a few years in the no playoff seller of the NBA straightens out the attitude problems. Today players complain too much and has nothing to do with winning. So just send them to the worst organizations that have the young players and just heist teams that have unproven lottery picks

bmelo, Ramo$e and Cstyle42 like this.
  8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey there cyber,

Good to see you. Listen, I want to apologize for being such a jerk several years ago.
    Hope you're runnin good. : )

As to the news....

I've been advocating an immediate rebuild, but in lieu of the fact that James is cool with shipping Russ....

Gotta admit I'm on board here...Bring on KLove + a haul of youth/picks.
    IF he can stay healthy, Kevin opens up everything.
    Serious threat from Downtown
    Very good post up game.
    Big time rebounder
    Great passer
    Very good position defender.

#128 Plowman, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  9. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Might not be a terrible idea. Trade Westbrook, sell high on Harden, and wait for some of the current super teams to fade off. I would rather try to make another run at contention in 3-5 years against 40 year old LeBron and mid/late 30's Curry, than fight against the current construction of the West.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Exactly. Start your HC career with a kings ransom in picks. Plus still have a team to add to.

Cstyle42 likes this.
  11. sabesque

sabesque Member

Is there ever enough?

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://tradenba.com/trade-machine

CLE: Russ Westbrook, Danuel House + Magic SRP
    ORL: Collin Sexton, Larry Nance, Eric Gordon + Cavs FRP + Rockets FRP
    HOU: Andre Drummond, Aaron Gordon, Jonathan Isaac, Mo Bamba + Cavs SRP

Draymond, AD or Jokic would not be mauling this line up:

6'5 Harden/MLE
    6'5 Nwaba (27)/6'3 BMac (27)
    6'7 RoCo (29)/6'5 PJ
    6'8 AG (25)/6'11 Isaac (23) *injured*
    6'10 Drummond (27)/7'0 Bamba (22)

Rockets also save almost 2M in salary, get younger, longer, faster, more athletic, better defensively AND most importantly get rid of all the whack players whining about their roles.

4 of the 5 starters can also create for themselves or teammates. Doubling Harden would be disastrous.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It could be he wanted Perk to tell the media. Sort of a warning shot across the brow to the organization. He loves the city obviously and he probably doesn't want to burn his bridges here, so it would be better if someone else told the Rockets to trade him then him telling them himself. It's like sending out a sign "You better trade me."

Could be Perk is just BSing around too, I don't know, but he knows those guys so it doesn't make sense that he'd make it up.

I think Harden knows what we all know. You're not getting another star for Westbrook, maybe we get lucky and someone does something dumb, but it's not likely to happen.

while we can add some nice players around Harden people are kidding themselves IMO if they think that's getting them past the Lakers, The Clippers, Nuggets, or...oh yeah, the Warriors who were all hurt last season and have a top 5 pick to trade for another all-star caliber player if they want to.

If Harden is cool with just being a (mostly) career Rocket and wants to retire here, that's fine, I'm cool with that too...but a situation where we lose him for nothing would really really REALLY suck. Especially since we do not have draft picks.

Ramo$e likes this.
  14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Good riddance. Tired of this D'Antoni small ball bullshit and the way this team was built.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Terry loves Harden.

We need more knife fighters on the team for sure but Rockets need more talent, period.

You dont get more talented by getting rid of the 2nd best player this franchise has ever had (and that is saying a LOT) as well as the top 3 player right now.

You ADD talent around these kind of players just like they had to do in Chicago for MJ and in LA for Kobe.

bj3175 likes this.
  16. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Unless they are using Perk to deliver a doomsday scenario that would neutralize Tillman's crazy mentality.

Ramo$e and D-rock like this.
  17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

This were Rafael Stone will prove his worth. It has always seemed like the league fights making any deals with the Rockets that make them unstoppable. Its like we are always playing 4 on 5

raining threes, Ramo$e and D-rock like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thought they wanted to play together, those UCLA brehs.

bmelo and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I can respect that
    If Harden is open to trying a season before moving
    I truly can appreciate that

Rocket River

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Detroit is a mess and they have too many players that have to play in the same space. One of Blake or Drummond had to go.

Detroit let the younger and cheaper player go.

And Drummond has been honing his game while exiled in Cleveland, he has become a better creator and 3ball shooter. I'm impressed with the work hes put in.

Drummond does everything Capela can on offense AND much more - double double machine is an elite rebounder. He is not switchable but Capela was becoming liability there too. But Rockets are become more multiple on defense AND offense per Silas anyway.

More importantly, Clint will never give the team a 30 and 20 game like Drummond can.

Rudyc281 likes this.