1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dont count out CLE and Kevin Love for a Westbrook trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 12, 2020.

1. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If this is the move I apologize to everyone saying the Rockets would get better IF they traded Russ. Maybe the trade is Eric + PJ for Love? Still don’t love it

Rudyc281 and Vivi like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Eric and PJ for Love is actually worse than that.

Rudyc281, kjayp, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I was mostly quoting Rob Lowe’s character in Parks and Rec.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

In Patrick we trust guy, going to shoot myself now

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

we can literally brainstorm a laundry list of poo poo platters that are relevant to the type of packages it's going to take to unload westbrick. one of the most difficult is finding an actual sucker in the NBA to so do.

a number of yall need to let that sink in before setting your expectations.

the funny thing is if you had to choose who's a better fit next to harden out of the two. It's 100% Love. like that's completely obvious

ac in austin, kjayp and csnerd84 like this.
  7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

He has ben a Diva. The first sign of enabling an entitling spirit is Game 6 2015 semifinals against the clippers when he was o the bench. They make it to the western conference playoffs lose to the Warriors and Mchale gets fired the next year because of a falling out with James Harden. If you look at that team with some adjustments we should have had at least one finals appearance. Morey and James Harden and later Dantoni are responsible for this demise of the Rockets. If we wholesale the team I would send James to Washington to get Bradley Beal with players and a draft pick and Westbrook to Detroit and get Blake Griffin and players or draft pick and be done with it. They dont want to win they just want to control things and its time to move on. James wants Stone to cater to him the way Morey did, that's why we are getting all those Philly trade rumors because Daryl knows that no one will do that for James and James will not compromise. The degree of selfishness is the thing that kills me. I understand when you are building career you have to make sure no one messes with your brand or value but when you are making 40 million and a city that loves you and the only thing thats left is the chip its not time for a huge egos to be the reason you deny yourself the title.

Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  8. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I would do that swap. In a vacuum Russ is the better player but Love would be a better fit.

PG: Harden/Gordon
    SG: McLemore/Gerald Green?
    SF: Tucker/House
    PF: Covington/Jeff Green?
    C: Love/Serge Ibaka? Or Paul Millsap?

csnerd84 likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

So do the Lakers want Russ or Harden more?

And HELL NO to any Love trade.

Team needs to get younger not older and more injury prone, especially if either Russ or Harden are not in Houston for long haul.

HP3 likes this.
  10. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Honestly if we end up with Love for Westbrook this is actually worse than just keeping Russ. This is a horror show.....

Can we please just completely blow it up, Imagine Harden wanting out and being left with Love.....

Corrosion, D-rock and Denovo like this.
  11. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

We should just fire sale for picks, expirings and young guys if Harden is pissed. We need a long term plan instead of shuffling the chairs on the titanic this offseason.

ReturnOfTheMac likes this.
  12. Denovo

Denovo Member

id rather move on from both Harden and Russ atp. Maybe a Harden for DBook and Ayton type deal. And Russ for RJ Barrett + Filler and this year’s Pick. Move Gordon and Tucker as well. (Especially Gordon)

Start over and build around a young star. Love Harden as a player but the locker room story has been consistent since the Parsons/Lin days.

I didn’t want to believe it until now, being that Russ is his childhood friend. But I believe Harden is the problem chemistry wise.

Ps. I think Devin Booker would be filthy working with Silas

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

You have to believe in Patrick, he will lead the Rockets organization to a title.

Wait until he brings in Shane Battier, your tune will change.

In Patrick we trust!

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Going off of Cybers hints, Love and KPJ, Bucks 21 1st for WB

Sign Noel with the BAE, re-sign Jeff and Gerald Green

Harden / Mac
    Gordon / KPJ
    Covington / Nwaba / Green
    Tucker / House
    Love / Noel / Green

+ whoever we can land with the MLE

That’s a better team then we have now easily, it’s not winning a ring but don’t underestimate how much Westbrick drags a team down.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Drummond, Nance, 2 FRP, 2 SRP.

That's a start at least.

HP3 likes this.
  16. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

I’m gonna be so depressed if Gordon and House are still on this team next year

Denovo and D-rock like this.
  17. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Damn. Well that's not ****ing good.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

You guys havent even seen this dude coach a game and yall want to shipt Harden out and build around him. And Book is not coming here. Terrible, TERRIBLE idea.

topfive and D-rock like this.
  19. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I read it in that voice haha...I gotcha Playa.

mikol13 likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are absolutely LOCO if you thought THAT team was talented enough to make at least 1 Finals appearance.

Dwight was not only becoming a shell of himself but he refused to maximize his game by becoming primarily a roller/lob threat. His demand for post touches was maddening.

And the rest of the team was an ill fit around Harden-Dwight duo. Dwight made his 1st finals in the Dream offense, where he played with 4 dead eye 3ball shooters. Rockets needed to utilize same similar 3-D players.

Parsons, Lin, Garcia, Brewer, Smoov, etc. were not efficient from 3. Only Jet was a potent and consistent 3ball threat.

And the defense was so hit and miss.

The fact that those Rockets made it all the way to WCF is a testament to the team's fight, rather than talent or system.