1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Assassins Creed Valhalla ...PS5 or XBOX Series X?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dnjndmrc5, Nov 8, 2020.

1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

who is getting both the new Xbox and new Playstation? There are only 24 hours in a day.

I haven't played AC since the first one but I have to say Valhalla looks pretty sweet.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

New reports saying the game isn't native 4k on Series X and that Ubisoft worded it wrong.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What's the best TV for this game?

tmoney1101 likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

[​IMG]

tmoney1101 likes this.
  5. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Ubisoft: Whoopsie

tmoney1101 likes this.
  6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

More than you think. After having the ps4 and xone at the same time I’ve decided I’m going to buy PlayStations at next gen launches and the Xbox when the the pro versions come out to alternate.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Is that a Metz Pro + 4K?

8. tmoney1101

It’s a 99 edition oled and if you play on anything else you and your whole family are b****es.

Yung-T and KingCheetah like this.
  9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

yeah I guess. I was a PS guy going back to PS1 and waited inline overnight at the best buy on richmond and 610 for PS1 and PS2 launches. Then my son was an Xbox guy before building his PC for VR 2 years back. Now the kids are grown I picked up a PS4 when the quarantine started and really only for GTA and RDR2. I figured if I was going to be stuck in one place the escape would do me good.

I'll probably be good with the PS4 until GTA6 comes out then I'll upgrade since even now I rarely get time to play.

10. tmoney1101

Dude we’re going to be in grave before gta6 comes out.

VooDooPope likes this.
  11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I picked up a PS4 at the beginning of quarantine as well. AC Black Flag is pretty sweet. RDR2 is, well, one of the greatest games ever created. Between those and NBA 2K and Madden I'm pretty much set with the PS4 for now.

I hate how the PS5 makes you pay an extra $100 if you want a disc drive. Yes Sony, I want a ****ing disc drive so that I don't have to delete games after 4 are downloaded to play a new game.

That being said, after switching from PS2 to Xbox 360, then going back to PS4, I just like Playstation so much better. I don't really care that much about 4K-36.8FPS, mTOR, c-reg, wRC+ or any of these other random ass specs people talk about. I just like the feel and design better.

VooDooPope likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You have to install every game entirely, even if you purchased the disc. So there's zero difference between buying a disc or digital version of a PS4/PS5 game, it will have to be installed and takes up the same space on the harddrive.

The disc drive is basically only needed if you want to watch Blu-rays or have your games in physical form for resale or collector purposes.

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

True, thats a good point... The other downside is that it typically takes a long time to download the game via wifi vs having the physical disc. The only game I bought digitally on my current console is RDR2, and while I get that it is a huge file size, it took easily 5 hours.

When you buy the disc the download doesn't take nearly that long. Another downside is if you have to delete a game to make space, if you ever want to play that game again, then you are subject to the long download time.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So the PS5 version actually wins in all categories. Higher average framerate, less tearing, higher average resolution, better loading times.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

edit, wrong thread