1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you guys think about all of this noise ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Nov 12, 2020.

?

What’s going on ?

1. We should move James and/or Russ

25 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. Tilman is cheap

26 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Media baiting us

13 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Stephen Silas is a robot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stone floated rumors to gather info

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. Morey/MDA revenge plot

8 vote(s)
    8.8%
  7. Run it back and add a got damn center

17 vote(s)
    18.7%
  1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I went with 'run it back and add a got damn center'....

but if Russ wants out - you gotta do it...

and i figured Tilman is cheap goes without saying...

D-rock and burnshroom like this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I agree 100% - and i think the org has placated such attitudes under Morey... as opposed to say Pops....

Thats why I wanted JVG... i figured the dude could create a culture and implement some accountability... without pissing everybody off.

but Silas is saying the right things about running more different looks and options - so I'm willing to see what he can do...

DonkeyMagic likes this.
  3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Exactly.

The easiest way to contend again is to break Westbrook down into 2-3 useable pieces. Guys who can actually mesh with Harden.

Easier said than done. But Westbrook wanting out isn't a bad thing.

4. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Definitely media bating is going on as well.

Many are obviously non Rocket fans or just want clicks and attention trying to stir the pot and capitalize for thier agendas.

D-rock likes this.
  5. finsraider

finsraider Member

completely agree. And that can take a variety of forms. Maybe you get 1 useful player directly in a deal for Westbrook. Whoever it is is making less, and that opens open the use of the full non-taxpayer MLE...a second player.

or maybe you go the pure cap space rout, grab someone in free agency and use the room MLE to get someone else.

the worst outcome would be no useful players, just expiring contracts. That basically guarantees Harden is gone next year.

6. bmd

bmd Member

Worst trade ever. I wonder who was really behind the trade. Was it really Tilman? Was it Morey? I can’t imagine it was Morey, but I’d really like to know who to blame for that ridiculous trade.

persian hoopa and burnshroom like this.
  7. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

I never saw it as a Morey trade. Morey places value on assets and he gave up too many assets for a guy that didn't fit his analytical mind set.

Tillman is written all over it. Harden may have also played a part but the relationship with Morey and Les allowed him to be able to go back to James and say Les is not willing to do this, for the betterment of the team. Tillman saw it as someone else thinks the way I do lets pull the trigger.

That crap about CP3's contract being the worst he'd ever seen... what exactly was he looking at when he traded for Russ.... basically a max deal plus future leverage for a non-shooting over 30 year old.

HP3 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fake news.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's expected. Whenever you let your star player dictate personnel moves you've handed him the keys to your franchise and when that player is really entitled and aloof you've set yourself up. Strangely, if we can get a bunch of live, active bodies for Westbrook we may have another run in this team.

kjayp and Cstyle42 like this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Simple. F Westbrook. Trade him for real and good basketball players.

Plowman likes this.
  11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We've already been shopping Russ...ergo the real reason for his temper tantrum/post facto "trade request".

Tilly is Tilly, but when Covid decimated his empire, he tightened up exponentially.

Morey and Stone feed the media to further their own agendas, but the MEDIA is out of control....beserk.

James is kicking back conferring with Stone as he gauges interest for RW. And there IS plenty of that.
    Like the good Dr said above, this is a good thing.
    Separating Russ from Harden HAD to happen for this team to have any chance.

Richie_Rich and persian hoopa like this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You gotta shop both. This team is heading for a dark period, it was enough for morey to leave which should say enough. Every day they wait James value drops. WB essentially has none. Honestly I kinda don’t care anymore, I want Tillman to lose and eventually sell this team. With him at the helm there are no championshipnaspirations

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. I take it back. He just posted a birthday shoutout.
    Glad **** ain’t all bad

D-rock likes this.
  14. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I just don't know.
    Man I love Harden, but it hasn't worked adding another star to pair with him.
    Granted Howard, CP3 and Westbrook were all injured at critical times during their time with Houston, but it hasn't worked.
    Now is Tilman cheap? Sure by most accounts. But he's operating with the salary cap and has 2x max players who need the ball. Plus there's a pandemic that's hurting businesses financially.

Maybe the media's been right about Houston all along. I'm getting very disillusioned.

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I don't like the owner or his family.

D-rock and persian hoopa like this.
  16. wesbound

wesbound Member

seriously... what is going on?
    Harden posted a pic on IG of him & Russ & wishing him a happy birthday...

Out of nowhere all these crazy rockets noises ranging from current & former rockets players..
    Feels like someone from outside are trying to stir things up within the Rockets.

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

My head in spinning from all the crazy options and scenarios.....but I don’t want to get off this merry-go-round.

Not until I puke anyway

D-rock likes this.
  18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Get Myles Turner and a taller power forward than Tucker and i think we would be fine

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

idk but if we're trading Russ and House for a bunch of scraps then we might as well blow it up.

Since we won't be in contention unless we get player of 2018 CP3's caliber.

Harden is worth more now than he will be in another year.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It does seem a bit odd. Like Austin, Morey and Mike left grenades on their way out the door.

Austin tired of being everyone's little b**** all season.

wesbound likes this.