1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: James Harden Accountability, P.J. Tucker Contract Among Rockets' Gripes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Nov 12, 2020.

1. HardenVolumeOne

Gordon hayward broke his wrist worse like 2 months later and returned much earlier than curry. I understand steph was just protecting his brand. He is not built to carry a team

vlaurelio and D-rock like this.
  2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Looks like Curry broke his hand October 30, 2019, and Hayward broke his hand November 9, 2019.

Agree, he's not nearly the floor raiser that Harden is. But Curry is a far superior ceiling raiser.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Sure when he surrounded by all star talent his ceiling is higher.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You know the Warriors won a title before Durant joined them, right?

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Klay and Dray were all stars were they not?

D-rock and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Sure, and Klay would be an all-star no matter where he played. The same can't be said for Draymond Green.

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

So to my point Curry has always been surrounded with all star talent. When he was tasked with doing it alone Golden State was awful. Curry can’t carry a team the way Harden can. So how does curry have a higher ceiling? They are both 30. This is their ceiling and JH is a superior player.

waytookrzy079, vlaurelio and D-rock like this.
  8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Look at the 2014 season. Curry was the only all-star that year on the Warriors, and they won 51 games.

Curry raises a team's ceiling b/c of his GOAT shooting and ability to play off-ball.

9. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Hate to say it.. but it’s time to blow it up..

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Soooooo Curry is just a front runner.
    Basically

Curry is a micro LeBron
    Except he can only raise a great team . . ..
    Put him on the Hawks . .. He is Trae Young

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

The most pessimistic theory of the present situation is that Fertitta is a bad, destructive owner, and he's destroying the team, and the destruction will continue until he sells the team.

The second-most pessimistic theory is that Harden rejects accountability and corrupts the culture of accountability for everyone else.

The third-most pessimistic theory is that although Harden makes every non-ball-handler better, he makes every ball handler worse. He shrinks the role and value of CP, Westbrook, Gordon, and others. CP goes to OKC and looks much better, because he's playing a broader role. Westbrook tries to fit in here, realizes he was better in OKC, and wants to go back to running possessions.

Harden controls too much of our game. He's a solo genius, but he constricts his teammates. Players who could help us come here and get discouraged, or they stay away because they see what happened to those who went before. Harden isn't just our floor. He's our ceiling.

Deuce, BHannes2BHonest, Vivi and 5 others like this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How can you blow it up when you have the 2nd best player in the NBA, in his PRIME?

Even If the chances are slim, we gotta see what we can do with Russ/EG/House in the trade market...

BMoney, waytookrzy079 and D-rock like this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is that what you saw in the playoffs?

Because I saw 4 on 3s...

And in 2018, I saw a player step up to that challenge in Chris Paul.

We simply need better players and James will win, I still believe that.

Before the whole ship goes down, let's roll the dice on some high risk, high level talent.

#173 RudyTBag, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  14. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

After nearly 51 years as a Rockets superfan, it looks more and more like I got out just in time.

I would have quit rooting for this team when Fertitta bought it (worst owner ever after Donald Sterling) but I hung on because I didn’t want to let go of the team I have obsessed over my whole life, because I’m attached to the players, and because I’m a Morey superfan too, and have been since he got here, long before I met him.

Re: Morey, since some of you know we’re friends, none of my issues come from him. He has only ever had nice things to say about ownership. I had good personal reasons for hating Fertitta long before he bought the team. Like so many Houstonians.

I became a Bucks fan when they sat out and showed such bravery about things far more important than basketball. Fertitta was the only owner that took exactly the wrong message from it. By that time it was only my admiration of Morey that kept me hanging on. When he left and went to Philly I became a Sixers fan too and turned in my Rockets card.

If Tillman sells, I’ll be back, but not before then. I’m not such a homer that I’m going to root for a team just because it has “Houston” on its jerseys.

Go Sixers, go Bucks, and go the hell away Fertitta.

15. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I’m just done. Just go to Philly... don’t care. Get a bunch of pics. We’re the Utah Jazz of the 2010’s.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Steph WAS surrounded by more All Stars even before Durant than Harden.

FACT.

Icehouse, waytookrzy079 and vlaurelio like this.
  17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

That's a simplistic way of looking at things. Would Draymond Green have been an all-star without Curry?

18. JW86

JW86 Member

That bad huh...what did Fertitta say to the Bucks sitting out? In any case, it's clear now with all these stories coming out that nobody on the team - even Harden - believes in Tilman is a owner committed to winning. PJ not being extended, Morey and MDA walking away, ducking taxes instead of going into luxury tax for a run probably has everyone questioning this moron with his big mouth. And I don't blame them. We literally are the Knicks of the West and it's odd I say we, being from Europe and truly becoming a fan only in 2007 and having realised how the league is corrupt. So it would be easy to just walk away from fandom, but it's not something you choose. While I love the Raptors for being in Canada, building the right way and having been there during the 2019 Finals, to truly be a fan of theirs has not happened yet so I doubt it ever will.

I can never probably lose that fan feeling towards the Rockets, but I am seriously considering not following them at all anymore. That's not to say Tilman is solely to blame, but he's a huge part of it and has caused this franchise to self-destruct. Putting his own son in an important position, that family portrait, it all reeks of Trump like egomania and self-absorption. The man has zero awareness, never shuts up and actually doesn't listen. He'll soon find out though, Harden is gone sooner or later, that you can bet your life savings on. It's probably within a year. Sad times ahead, that's for sure.

D-rock likes this.
  19. MystikArkitect

Go work for Tilman and you'll understand.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

1. Do your research on the draft assets.

2. The draft assets have nothing to do with the team imploding. It ain't Morey's job to placate these players, he isnt the one talking and interacting with these players. It is Dumbtoni aka let-Harden-do-everything-including-coaching

3. EG and Rivers are unhappy with the diminished roles on the team. Again Morey isnt the one who allocates PT, he just brings in players. Was Morey the one who sat down Rivers for Demarre Carrol?

4. PJ Tucker is mad cuz he didnt get paid. PJ has been a trooper but he is also 35 yrs old. You really blaming Morey for not overpaying him?

5. Not sure how true the beef is between Harden and WB. Either way its between the 2 of them and has nothing to do with Morey. According to reports Morey didnt even want WB, Harden and Fertits were the ones who pushed for the trade so why is it Morey's fault now?

I dunno why you think Morey should be blamed for the players being upset. Also, maybe if Fertits didnt throw him under the bus during the China debacle maybe he wouldnt have left.

dmoneybangbang likes this.