1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Damn we are really get clowned on huh?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Changes we need to make:

1) whoever starts next to Harden must be able to shoot and play off ball.

2) the offense needs to move more. Less ISO.

3) we need a PnR threat and rim protector.

All of that can be accomplished. We won’t get another “star” like Westbrook, but we can get pieces that fit better.

the good news? Quality PGs and centers are the easiest players to find in the league. It’s quality wings and forwards that are impossible to find, and we’re loaded there.

Harden / Gordon
    House / Nwaba / McLemore
    Covington / Tucker

We need a good starting center and PG, then vet min types for spot minutes during the regular season. If all we did was unload Westbrook as a salary dump, we would have $19 million in cap space...plenty to go get someone like Fred Van Vleet or Goran Dragic.

D-rock likes this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My dream is now WB to NYK for pure cap space and #27

Rivers opts out, we waive Clemons, re-sign Jeff Green to the min

Then would have

Gordon
    Harden / Mac
    Covington / Nwaba
    Tucker / House
    Green

#27 + 15 mill in cap space to work with, plus the room MLE, and perhaps the BAE?

5. HardenVolumeOne

If russ goes to the lakers I don’t see how he starts over Caruso and rondo. Both players play winning basketball. Lebron is just virtue signaling like he did with melo lol. Nobody wants to play with these losers. And yea Dwight got a ring but he was playing what 5 minutes a game lol

6. lalala902102001

Grant Russ his wish. We are not winning anything with this group anyway.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

My dream would be Turner and Brogdon.

8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Pacers are not stupid enough to trade for Westbrook lol

krmclaughlin and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. curbur

curbur Member

Considering he just stubbornly torpedoed his own trade leverage, Westbrook better be prepared to still suitup in the red and white for 1/3 to 1/2 the season until we can find an offer not laughable. It's very possible or maybe even potentially likely that a trade doesn't get done until near or at the trade deadline. Would be even more interesting under that scenario if the team gels & plays well to start off this upcoming season. Not holding my breath for that at all, but would certainly prove to be an intriguing development.

linvetb6 likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'll tip jar bet that westbrick is no longer a rocket before December 22. care to wager?

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Same feeling here. I don’t see how Tilman of all people can massage the damage. Morey probably would have. But Tilman lol not happening.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

one of the worse things for a sports organization is having a high profile player that has publically verified not wanting to be there and that everyone around knows it. no idea how anyone would think hes going to turn around and say oh nvm im fine with this, after such a tumultuous few months

13. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

From the info that one can piece together from those external quasi-reliable-yet-to-be-confirmed sauces: blabla and the Hawk's forum guy, two things are in common:

- That LAC is interested in Russ and that Houston had some reciprocal interest in certain package from them. E.g. Lou Will + Bev + Zubac + Kabbengele (I'd take that in a heart-beat TBH)
    - That Houston has reached out to DET surrounding a Griffin + Kennard for Gordon + Tucker swap.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  14. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I tried defending him and giving him the benefit of the doubt but screw it. Trade him and let's get another scorer and a center and build on this team. I still think that they can contend if the Rocks can pull that off.

15. curbur

curbur Member

Not at all; I think it's slightly more like he is traded before 12/22/20 than not. I just simply said he should be prepared for the scenario where a trade cannot be found before the start of the season.

Whom in this thread said that exactly?

16. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Getting Blake would have been nice if we had kept Russ, unless the Rockets and get some depth as well. The Clippers deal is really intriguing though and would allow the Rockets to build a deep and versatile team.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Kabengele would be a solid get, i like his potential, but that package overall is trash.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

CF's said westbrick would 100% make harden's job easier

[​IMG]

krmclaughlin likes this.
  19. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Get that Charlotte #3 pick and draft Toppin

20. riko

riko Member

Noway the Pacers would do that. Hell they won’t give up Brogdan straight up for Russ