1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: James Harden Accountability, P.J. Tucker Contract Among Rockets' Gripes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Asian Sensation

Me neither. Believe it or not I am a Rockets fan.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't want to get rid of Harden because I know even with his flaws, he'll garauntee your franchise is still relevant but man I'm tired of fans here just whitewashing all of Harden's severe flaws.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I suggest you read the articles written about him during his 22-year career as an NBA assistant coach, along with those written once the Rockets announced they were hiring him. Also, check out the congratulatory tweets and social media comments from the players he coached and the coaches he worked with. All of them said he’s one of the smartest, most prepared coaches they’ve been around.

I wasn’t talking Silas up, and it’s clear he’s definitely well known and respected in NBA circles.

Sanctity likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

Harden to me is a all time great floor raiser while being a mediocre to bad ceiling raiser(how would he fit in a motion style offense like GSW?).

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Well it made far inferior players in Klay and Steph turn into all stars, so probably pretty good.

6. fchowd0311

Eh. So at ryou saying that Kerr is an all time great coach?

Let's give credit to Curry. Dude is the greatest shooter of all time, with excellent handles and playmaking abilities. He just doesn't have the durability and strength of Harden. But I think Curry is a far better ceiling raiser as he can fit in any offense without that offense having to redesign their whole scheme to cater to him.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Curry is only better at one thing over Harden, shooting.
    Curry can not raise the ceiling by himself.

Harden is a better handler, scorer, driver, passer, facilitator, rebounder, defender and is bigger and more durable.

8. fchowd0311

I think Curry is a better ball handler and is quicker. Harden might have more explosion on the first step and in jumping. Probably because he has more fast twitch muscles than Curry. Harden is also longer and taller.

But Curry is probably the best shooter of all time and also one of the most annoying players to guard off ball. The part where he's world class at playing off ball just gives so many more options for offenses. Because he's a great playmaking pg and a great off guard while Harden is only a great playmaking guard as in he's only great when he's dribbling the ball.

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

At best Curry is even with Harden as a ball handler.
    Shooting is all time.

Moving off ball is system, which is why I said if you put Harden in a system like that he would be better than inferior players in Curry and Klay.
    That would also means his minutes would need to decrease though.

10. fchowd0311

I just don't think Harden has it in him in terms of cardio conditioning to be so active off ball like Curry is. Yes Harden is more durable than Curry but Curry has better in-game cardio conditioning. That's probably attributed to Harden being heavier and also probably effects of his childhood asthma.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

No, Daryl wanted to win here. Eveyone shoots more 3s now, everyone uses tweener stretch f4s and 5s now. Most deadeye shooters, cant play defense. Yea and they will be a bad one with Fertitta. You cant get real players if the owner doesnt want to play. And there are plenty of guys on our roster people want. Ive think someone has said teams would give up a first for Tucker right now. They shoulndt look like the Suns, because they are NOT the suns. Mike was adapting to his players. MDA brought us a lot of success though and who cares what other people think about us.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Curry is a superior ball-handler, and it's not close. Harden's ball-handling looks great when he's isolated in a mismatch, but when he needs to improvise on-the-fly, it's nothing special.

In an off-ball system, Curry and Klay are far superior to Harden. Not only are they more accurate shooters, but they also have quick releases. Harden doesn't.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Wrong on all accounts. Not even debatable.

14. fchowd0311

I somewhat disagree about Harden's release. He has a one motion shot release that is relatively quick. Yes Curry and Thompson have quicker releases but Harden is definitely on the faster side of shot releases in my opinion. I've seen Harden make quick release threes heavily contested that look effortless and easy for him.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

We've all seen Curry pull off dribbling maneuvers that Harden is incapable of. There's no reason to deny the obvious. Doing so makes you look ignorant.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Wrong again

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Curry did this against Chris Paul, one of the best pg defenders at the time. Do you really think Harden can do that?

18. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

All these unhappy mfkers can walk. Bye.

Patience likes this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lmao, Harden has some of the most lethal crossover videos and disrespectful videos around. Absolutely he can make anyone look foolish

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

If Gordon, House, Westbrook, and Rivers are unhappy, let go of them. They are basically role players (sorry, Russ) and they were not even particularly good during the playoffs. Harden is the engine that makes this thing go, as he’s proven over 8 years with revolving coaches and supporting casts. As long as we hold on to Harden, we can be a contender. The rest is details.

Rocket River likes this.