1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the Trump Coup underway?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Nov 10, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think these people from DOJ or the Pentagon that resign out of protest are doing it wrong. When you get an illegal order, and just resign, you are just handing over the ability for DOJ and the White House to just put in a lackey in there in your place to just go ahead, and do it.

I wish these career officials would just simply refuse to do politically motivated orders, and send a letter to both parties of Congress & the inspector general. The country is better off if you just stay in your post, and refuse to carry out corrupt orders.

noppeper, FrontRunner, right1 and 9 others like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There are a number of people in MSM that are actually taking the allegations seriously and scrutinizing them. The results of their analysis is that, over and over, the allegations hold up very poorly to scrutiny. So, this is a boy who cried wolf scenario. When over and over these claims are falling apart, should people presenting the news continue to treat them with a false neutrality, like its 50/50 whether there is any legitimacy to them?

Trump's war on truth has succeeded. He's convinced half the country that they shouldn't believe anything they read in the press. His next venture appears to be to create a digital news media outlet. He'll make a lot of money suckering these people to pay for subscriptions for receiving his "alternative facts" 24/7.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You're not.

4. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

The burden of the proof is on the Trump team to present evidence of fraud.

Irregularities mean nothing. I can find some irregularity in any large scale human activities. The election system built over the year has laws, policies, and method in place to prevent fraud. That doesn’t rule out some irregularities or even a few fraud here and there but it’s not wholesale level of fraud that result in tens of thousands of fraudulent votes in each of these states. There has been zero evidence of that.

What they have presented so far in their lawsuits is no evidence of the massive fraud they claim. Personal feeling, complaint and judgement in their lawsuits aren't meant to be evidence - any lawyers would know this. You have to ask yourself why they are even presenting those. You are a target.

As for lying. Trump has been lying to his supporters for years. He lied when he claim victory on election night knowing well that the count is no where near complete. He lied when he claimed massive fraud with zero evidence. You don’t have to wait for this election to play out to see the lies he have already told.

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's the exact same logic as birtherism which is why it's a fitting coda for this man. He and his supporters stir up ****, amplify it in their echo chambers and then attempt to sound reasonable by saying "Well, if there's nothing to hide why are you hiding it??"

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Making it tough for Biden to govern is the real key. In this Trump still has the support of McConnel, the real wealth behind the Republican Party and sadly a fair amount of the big money. both GOP and Dem on Wall Street and Silicon Valley.
    These folks are reasonably pleased with the status quo of low taxes for them. They are fans of Ineffective, divided government, resistance to a higher minimum wage, anything other than a grudging shitly Medicaid type healthcare for their inferiors, much of the Green New Deal and other benefits to the working class that might get them to actually come back to the Dems and therefore break the gridlock.

FrontRunner, mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

So, ummm... when is he going to do it?

I was not aware that the rightwing conspiracy talk was about voting machines, though I guess that isn't surprising. I have no particular knowledge on this but I'm going to say that during an election is probably the worst time to address an issue of a security issue with election machinery.

As for your hypothetical, I get the Pilger thing. If there was some conspiracy to use voting machines in multiple states, conspiracy logic might lead you to conclude that Pilger is a Deep Stater who is covering up the fraud. But Esper? You think the problem with him is that he won't use the armed forces to suppress US citizen protests? Why do you think it would be acceptable to have soldiers deployed to control our own population?

And how does this Dominion thing play out? Say they find multiple states in which a massive fraud was perpetrated to give votes to Biden. Do you just invalidate some votes and then declare Trump the winner? Because how does anyone respect the election at all, or any past or future election, if we learn it was that vulnerable to manipulation. Why should any elected official's authority be respected?

If investigating irregularities was the holdup, you can investigate those and concede the election at the same time. Making a speech to congratulate the winner isn't legally binding; it's just politically healthy. There was a much stronger case 4 years ago to investigate the winner of the election with a known interference effort by Russia on behalf of one candidate; but Clinton conceded just the same and Obama cooperated with the transition too, even as the FBI investigated whether Trump colluded with the foreign interference. But get to the bottom of irregularities isn't what this is about. It is about Trump finding whatever tool at hand to perpetuate himself in office. That's it.

mdrowe00, RayRay10, B@ffled and 2 others like this.
  8. edwardc

edwardc Member

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Can you imagine Trump doing that right now and calling it "due process" or following his concerns "by the book"?

Coup Coup cachoo!

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The Republican Party has come a long, long, loooooooooooooooooong way from Abraham Lincoln.

Can you imagine if the present-day Republican Party were like the Civil War version?

"Ha ha ha ha, that's a good one, Mister President. Ah, hah, hah, you're killing me!"

"I'm serious. I'm being 'Honest Abe' on this. I want to free the slaves."

"But.......but why? Who's going to take care of them? We give them housing. Jobs. We take care of them."

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

And so Dominion is now officially a 'thing'. I don't have a clue what you do with thousands of votes, much less hundreds of thousands of votes that are claimed to be fraudulent. Trump is citing an OANN reporter but I don't think he would post it if he wasn't willing to make his stand on this issue. I think Rudy may have made a similar claim yesterday.

So, what if it's true? What the hell do you do? I do have a problem with there being a report from 2018 on the potential for abuse using Dominion and then allowing it to happen. I don't know why the 2018 report wasn't taken seriously. Of course this is all speculation and it's still hypothetical to me. A tweet and an OANN report (right wing media) does not make it so. I will say I've seen some interesting things but I think it's too complicated to make a case that stands in court, especially with a limited timeframe. Based on the right wing twitter-verse I expect to see the connection to Pelosi's chief of staff, Feinstein's husband and other well know folks (McConnell?) be made to have shares or ownership stakes in Dominion. Eventually, I expect to see Trumps team try to tie to China or other foreign nations, which puts it in a whole new spectrum.

The question I have is if Trump alleges that there is foreign interference, does a court or some other check/balance have to agree or approve the actions he takes?

Here's an EO from 2018 addressing this very issue: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...-foreign-interference-united-states-election/

I was looking for a link to a SCOTUS ruling on votes deemed to be fraudulent but can't find it. I saw it earlier this morning and if I recall correctly, it says they are discarded. Still looking for that...

To be clear: All of this is hypothetical. The allegations have not been proven and it could very likely be a desperate attempt. The one thing I will say, is that the problems and potential issues with Dominion were known before the election. IMO, the machines using Dominion should not have been used.

Trump's tweet re: Dominion:

Tweet from Dominion:

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It is time for the 25th, he's obviously and purposely trying to threaten the election of The United States. It foments civil unrest.
    But no R has a backbone.

To declare the President unable to do his job, these people would have to sign and give a letter to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House. As with Section 3, the Vice President would then become the Acting President.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The media coup is underway. A handful of billionaires are trying to get their way.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Oddly timed comments. o_O

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Well I find it odd that you think that is aimed at Trump when Biden is the INDIVIDUAL bypassing the electoral college and a contested election to declare himself president elect when he is not.

I also find it ridiculous that people here are shouting coup coup.

You all are pathetic. Respect the legal process that Miley was discussing. Respect the Constitution and our laws which are currently handling massive amounts of voter fraud. And the results of that, respect those.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Scoreboard

jboslett, HP3, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

There was an article in the New York Times about it yesterday. So, I guess it is. I could paste the article but the summary is this: no significant problems with Dominion and certainly nothing that could impact the outcome. I suppose it comes down to who in the media do you trust.

jboslett and RayRay10 like this.
  18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Embarrassing display. You need counseling dude. We're just going to change your name to daQuda86.

jboslett, HP3, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No your point is to troll O's.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You can expect easily debunk-able "conspiracy theories" to pop up as fodder to confirm the left's feelings and make them not question the actual fraud that took place. Yes there are debunkable pieces of info from the right. And the left. Welcome to the world of media and politics.