1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Freeways] They're moving I-45.....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TMac'n, Apr 2, 2018.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Astroworld and Dino Park on the freeway and then run I-45 through the Astrodome -- also extend seawall from Galveston to Katy.

TWS1986 likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

thanks tillmen

TWS1986 likes this.
  3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Tillman will buy it, and it will be called "The Downtown Rainforest Cafe" and have a freaking volcano he'll call Mount St. Tillman

[​IMG]

4. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Perfect. Lol.

5. droxford

droxford Member

I think $7,000,000,000 could be better spent on a rail system that connects our suburbs to central Houston.

Why don't our city planners see that? it kinda sticks out like a sore thumb.

TWS1986 and Sajan like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We need to build a wall to block the suburban people from entering the loop entirely IMO.

TWS1986, R0ckets03, Sajan and 2 others like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

And the white people will pay for it, mark my words.

8. KingCheetah

Ruh roh

jiggyfly and CCorn like this.
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

I wish there was a rail system that connected clear Lake or texas city to downtown. Id actually visit bars in the city if I had a way to get there and back safely... that didn’t cost an arm and a leg.

TWS1986 and Sajan like this.
  10. Sajan

Sajan Member

Yikes. I might have to move regardless of the Rockets now.

Yup. People always ask me why I don't take an Uber to midtown from Pearland....uhmm I don't have 40 bucks to go grab a drink.

Luckily I live right off 288/518 so it's a 20 min drive......but i can't imagine leaving in old pearland near highway 35 and going into the city.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

This was about 15 years ago during a public meeting, someone asked the City of Houston Comptroller when construction on streets downtown would be finished...Comptroller said we always expect some street to be under construction in downtown.

TWS1986 likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wasn’t kidding about Mopac, which used to be easy to handle for someone from Houston. No longer. It jams up at Lady Bird Lake (Town Lake) during the 3 hour “rush hour” going towards town in the mornings from SW Austin, where we live, and going south in the late afternoon from downtown or north/north central Austin. Someday, 4 to 5 years from now, they’ll have it fixed and they’ll have tollways both north and south. Of course, by then half of California will have moved to Texas, and half of them, at least, will make for Austin and Central Texas. At least we’re retired and don’t have to drive to the Capital during rush hours any longer, thank god.

Of course, I know short cuts I use from time to time, although people are starting to figure them out.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

FIFY.

Sajan likes this.