1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No longer a culture fit

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 11, 2020.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yikes!

2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Man, this just keeps getting uglier.

3. Buck Turgidson

It's just another in a long, long list of data points that show that this organization is horribly run from the top-down.

4. Buck Turgidson

Also like to say...****ing good for JJ to speak his mind. I hope he tears management into the ground for as long as he's here.

Dgn1, DVauthrin, Uprising and 7 others like this.
  5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Totally agree. The average, casual fan of the Texans might see this headline and it won't even register. Who is VP of communication to them? They move on and continue to support the team. But if their golden boy JJ speaks up...now they're listening. He has the opportunity to shine a light on the team's bullshit while he is still here, and I hope he does it.

Buck Turgidson and coachbadlee like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Uhm, JJ was already done, but I think this pushes him away further.

The Texans franchise is pathetic. Even moreso if @Verbal Christ info is good.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This just in...God takes a massive dump on all Houston sports franchises.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

We don't know what happened. As far as Watt is concerned, being a superstar he dealt with this person alot in being prepped for media appearances so of course he's emotional about it regardless

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That's the only thing they have been good at. Making bad decisions.

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The Texans are a ******* embarrassment.

Dgn1, CometsWin and Nook like this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Delete

I hope the rumors of this being about her politics aren't true.

#32 pgabriel, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The Texans are run in a very old school and dated way. There was a time when speaking about about your political opinions was a no-no, especially when it comes to business, and particularly when dealing with PR. I actually agree with that to an extent. It can be highly offensive to half of your customer base, and that's just bad business. Having said that, the rest of the NFL didn't get the memo, and most of the rest of the world under a certain age didn't either. Times are changing, but the Texans aren't changing with them. It's becoming a problem.

DVauthrin and Uprising like this.
  14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This organization has done very, very little to ever deserve the benefit of the doubt.

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Uhm.. PR expert here as well as an employee, and... no one wants to get fired. You immediately lose pay, benefits... Sure, she seems well-regarded (I've worked with her & she was very nice) - but, generally, these roles are hard to find (certainly midseason) and if one is available, it's almost certainly going to necessitate a move (there are literally only three other similar positions in the city), and moving isn't fun or terribly convenient, depending on how deep her roots are here (she's either from Ohio or came from the Browns - I can't remember)....

Yeah, no - she didn;'t orchestrate her firing. The Texans fired her because the God Boys didn't like her marginally outspoken politics (she mourned RGB's loss and cheered the election of a female VP - THE HORROR!), which she never incorporated into her work, BTW.

The one potential silver lining........ It sure feels like they're cleaning house for Dabo Swinney, who is every bit the religious zealot Easterby and McNair seem to be. And while I absolutely DETEST religion dictating - well, anything associated with sports - if he brings Tony Elliot and unlocks Deshaun, that's something I might thank god for................

16. Nook

Nook Member

It has finally dawned on him that he has wasted the prime of a first ballot Hall of Fame career on a bad franchise.

He doesn’t have any more 20 sack seasons in his broken back. He isn’t going to be winning a Super Bowl on the Texans and their effort as an organization is less than his.

So he is bitter.... he joins AJ and soon enough Deshaun Watson will be the same way. The only one to escape is Hopkins and that is because BOB wanted him gone.

The Texans are who we have always deep in the recesses of our brain thought they were... they are an every burning fire of incompetence.

BleedsRocketRed and CometsWin like this.
  17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Wrote this in the Easterby thread yesterday after the news broke

I wasn't counting on Jamey Rootes falling on the sword for Easterby(or legit owning it, eitherway it's not good).
    As a lot of other reporters etc that dealt with the Texans and deals with NFL teams has mentioned, Amy wasn't just good, she was one of the best and most professional to deal with. I would put her at the top of the list of the three Houston teams PR/Comms ppl and even though it's only a list of three, it's not even close. JJ mentioned all the work she's done with him and his efforts in Houston and thats why I felt/feel this will lead to an Easterby/Texans vs JJ thing because I think this might be the last straw.

Nook likes this.
  18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Dude, it wasn't just media appearances "prep", she did/does a lot more for the players on the team, their agents, etc.
    That's why folks-players and reporters are coming to her defense. The Texans effed up (even without me knowing all the details I will say that).

Nook and pgabriel like this.
  19. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Kenny Stills is such an annoying, shitty player.

Uprising, Duke Fan and Hank McDowell like this.
  20. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member