1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ Tucker disputing Shams report on his IG story?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 12, 2020.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

PJ got conned from the new XBox. Most likely is that the Rockets are imploding, we are going to start from scratch.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont want to see ANYONE get mad at PJ. Dude always performs. Give him the contract he wants. I dont care if some of you are can't understand his value. Give him his due.

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

He is referring to the parts of the article about himself. The rest could be true

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's not that simple. I certainly want PJ back and for him to retire a Rocket, but that's just me talking as a die hard fan that absolutely appreciates what PJ has done for the team these last few years.

From a business perspective, it just doesn't make a ton of sense. He likely has one more year left playing at a high level (even that is a question mark) and giving him an extension may not make much sense if this team doesn't even know its own future. I want to give PJ his due, but this team doesn't have the luxury of just giving out more money to people because of Tilmans cheapass.

kjayp and DonnyMost like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I like PJ, but if he's thinking big money Im thinking he can do what Ariza did and go get it from another team. Dude is an offensive liability when it matters most. (i know i know - he's the best defender who didnt make the all defensive team - trust me I get it) all this drama from a role player is cringe inducing.

6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Probably told him there would be contract extension talk this offseason and has been completely pushed back due to the circus.

Here's your honesty PJ:

Your defense isn't that great and your offense is literally limited to James Harden spoon feeding you the easiest shot on the court. I pretty much feel like your defense is in no way balancing the lack of offense and the lack of offense contributed to another post season dismantling of James Harden and the Rockets. Sustaining your contract complaints, while you don't seem to earn the one you have and constantly talk about how many shoes you have, is not something I am prepared to really hear. Literally the first team willing to take you and your one year left of entirely too much money will be traded with, accepting almost anything in return because that's how much PJ Tucker moves the needle in Houston, Texas.

fattz and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

PJ Tucker’s defense is that great
    Hasn’t missed a game as a Houston Rocket.
    Yet again, leads the NBA in corner threes.

Started his NBA grind late. He has good years left on those legs.

D-rock, DVauthrin and HP3 like this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If only the Rockets got Lou Dort.

Maybe Nwaba is Tucker replacement.

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This.

10. Asian Sensation

I never would have thought of Tucker as being a guy that doesn’t speak his mind and say what he really wants to say. Quit beating around the bush PJ.

11. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Maybe you should save your money and not buy 1 million pairs of sneakers.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We messed up his shoulder by overplaying him against bigger players, now we’re not going to pay him what he believes he’s worth. He can’t say that publicly, cause it will destroy his market value.

I hope they didn’t promise it to him. He’s too old to pay too much. If we get a C, he’s a backup.

I would give him 40m over 3 years (declining) and team buyout option in the final year.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Cut him just for saying 8 more than 92...

I only roll with 7 more than 93.

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol he is not worth 10 million

should be on vets min at his age

Invisible Fan and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It's not about his contract. It's about the team not being upfront with him.

That's exactly what he's saying.

$8 M is his annual salary.
    8+92 = 100. Keeping it 100. Being honest and upfront.

D-rock, TimDuncanDonaut and Dacamel like this.
  16. Victorious

Victorious Member

I think cap means lying in this case. As in the story about him not being happy with contract is false. Players usually refute reports, not confirm them. PJ has denied stuff before with his ig.

And he doesn't seem like the type to air stuff out publicly anyway

D-rock likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

I disagree. it's PJ just venting especially when the team he currently plays for is in shambles. he has absolutely made his extension intentions previously known and that was publicly verified by himself.

what has happened since? absolutely nothing. someone who hasn't missed a game since hes been here and does what he does

18. Victorious

Victorious Member

But what else has happened regarding players since the season ended? Just the front office changes that's it

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

the fact that his situation hasn't been addressed in such a long time span is his gripe

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

PJs one of the hardest working dudes in the league!
    He's done amazing for what has been asked of him - unfortunately MDA asked too much...
    and the dude is getting long in the tooth...
    He doesnt have all the tools to be the starting center...
    Starting pf with some spot minutes at center? Reasonable option for probably for another season or two...
    First big off the bench? He could probably fill that role for 3 or 4 more years...

I'd give him a 'thanks for your past past effort' here's a 4 year contract at backup money offer...

D-rock likes this.