1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 11, 2020.

1. leangle25

leangle25 Member

Just get Jrue and we good. Hope Harden stays for another season at least. I do want to see him in Silas offense.

Dacamel and rockets1995 like this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I told you, Tilman is running this thing in a fast food chain. Thing is, NBA players - unlike fast food workers - have a voice. Tilman doesn't think about ish like that.

3. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Thé only team I see that would be interested in WB would be a big market team that has been irrelevant for .

Enters the Knicks and the Bulls.

Anything worth value on their roster ?

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Now that Russ wants out that CP trade was disaster. We couldve used picks and eg for a third star now we finna end up without second. Say what you want but Russ is superstar and CP even on one leg is top5 pure point guards ever

5. JW86

JW86 Member

WOW. Well one thing is certain: Tilman is ruining this franchise, but also these issues stem from Morey, MDA and Harden given the obvious accountability issues. Harden has not been receptive to criticism since forever. That being said, Westbrook has not even given Silas a chance and why do the Rockets dirty like this?! We gave up 4 picks for your ass and you cannot even keep your requests private?

Not sure this is the full story, if the accountability issues are with Harden then can't they work that out? I thought the positive about this was that finally Harden was friends with Westbrook thus they could be honest with each other. There's definitely a common denominator here so I'm not going to sit here and excuse Harden from this train wreck.

I'm not even going to get into the mess with the role players, that's on MDA, but also: who are they? EGO, Rivers and House b****ing and moaning who did not perform at all. Now you can say our system and inconsistent playing time are partly to blame, sure, but EGO not being able to hit a shot is on him. Rivers suddenly not knowing how to play basketball, look in the freaking mirror. That goes for House obviously. Westbrook, ditto.

We catered everything to Westbrook possible and he's never been able to work with any other star himself, because he wants to be the man. This just reeks of excuses and finger pointing. I wonder how much of what's being reported is fabricated, but no matter how you twist it, there's serious issues within the organisation and I cannot help but feel Morey and MDA contributed heavily to it and just jumped ship when they knew things would get tough.

Tilman is obviously a big factor in this as well since the mess started once he took over. Bad future head of us.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Could be simple.

Russ lived through Covid and quad injury, realizing he isn't 25 no more, develops existential fear for his career, needed to win a ship even more feverishly. Or at least a place he could be clearly Number one.

Didn't like MDA and Morey exiting and Tilman dancing on his nose.

Harden be like, well, Russ, I got my big contract, I'm staying, whatever, Covid.
    Hit me up in couple years. Later.
    Did I just vote for Biden?

#286 daywalker02, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is just the more optimistic version.

Once Harden declines, I could see people being less apologetic.

#287 daywalker02, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    JayGoogle likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Still depends if you geek out if you are standing next to Harden or just be yourself, say hi, and continue do your stuff.

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Is John Wall available, he looks really good playing pickup against James Harden.

John Wall can Shoot the 3, with beautiful form. I wish we can get him.

He is coming off of Achilles Surgery.
    John Wall trade please.

10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

John Wall and Jrue Holiday are players that I like on the Rockets. Much more intelligent Offensively. Pure Point Guards.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. Chamillionaire

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-ask-supes/page/292/#comments

Update on Westbrook and Paul.

PG and Kawhi are not on the same page but they are working with each other. PG wants Westbrook back and feels like Westbrook would be perfect. Kawhi wants Paul and he's all in for Paul.

OKC wants to trade him to Phoenix but CP3 interest in Phoenix is massively overstated. Yes, CP3 would rather be a Laker but they have no realistic shot of getting him due to the salary cap while LAC does. Westbrook wants to go to LAC but LAC as you can imagine wants Paul more. Ultimately, this comes down to Paul although OKC wants Phoenix instead for so many obvious reasons. They made a promise to Paul to send him where he wanted to go.

The bottom line is Westbrook is fighting for that spot. I was told Westbrook does want a culture change. He felt there were some malcontents and he would like to see a house clean. Harden hasn't put out there that he's ready to go, he just wants to see the team get better. Like the Athletic article, Houston is a mess culturally right now and we know who it all starts with. That said, Westbrook wanting out is overstated.

And yes, Phoenix better win next year or Devin will want out.

DVauthrin, Vivi, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Should have said he missed Daryl and Mike.

mikol13 likes this.
  14. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

You want to get Wall who is coming off one of the worst surgeries to come back to 100%? I think Harden and Wall would get along great, they both love to party and go to strip clubs.

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Lol at Tilman ruining this franchise...HELLOOO!!!! This team had problems for years it just all came out...its been piling up starting with Harden not being able to adjust to anything else besides being the front man and having the ball all game long...he cant play with Dwight, cant play with CP3..cant even play with his best friend Russ...

It all starts and ends with Harden...

We all love the guy but hes a bad player to play with, he is not a complete team player..thats just naturally not who he is...he is far from a leader and I dont think you can win a championship with him being the main guy

Vivi, Gabe0941, Sweet Lou 4 2 and 2 others like this.
  16. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Really? The franchise completely falls apart in almost every way the second Tilman takes the reins, and that’s somehow James Garden’s fault?

You either have have an agenda, or are grossly incapable of deriving connections from information. Either way, sort of sad.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You guys can blame Harden all y'all want but he has been the face of this team for a long time and although no championship success, he has been pretty ****ing good to get us to advance in the playoffs multiple times.

Yeah, he can take criticism better, after we've all seen it when his demeanor changes on the court when things aren't going his way, but regardless, he usually comes back strong.

Westbrook, it was a bad decision. It was a bad choice. Harden should not have advocated for him coming to Houston but at the same time he saw CP3 and that he was injured each year he was here and Harden was having to carry the load those years. It's reasonable why he wanted to try to trade for Westbrook who still is in his prime and could run with Harden and help him out. Unfortunately for Harden, Westbrook is inefficient player that also needs the ball in his hands to be successful. The Rockets made the necessary adjustments for Westbrook and had some success. Westbrook actually advanced in the playoffs after being unable to do so the last few years as the man.

Westbrook may talk about accountability, but since KD left OKC, Westbrook had control of that team and it failed spectacularly each and every year, despite him having ****ing Paul George playing at an MVP level one of those years. Westbrook has not gotten past the first round after KD left and before Harden.

You guys that want to pile on Harden, go ahead but I am not. This team is built around him and he's been a huge reason for us advancing and being labeled championship contenders throughout the years. Westbrook may want an accountability culture, but he has never held himself accountable and instead would go one on five because he didn't trust his teammates.

EG, I understand that he has not had the role he had in 2016-2017, but that's because after that season we traded for other ball dominant point guards so his role did get diminished. It should be no surprise he saw less isolation opportunities and more spot up shooter opportunities.

Don't care about Rivers complaining, he's been good for us here but at the same time he has been inconsistent. He's always claimed to love Houston, so whatever. I would love to him back and he is only opting out to seek a larger deal if possible, I don't blame him. Hopefully he is back with us at the minimum.

PJ deserves a raise but at the same time he is going to be 36. It's hard to give a raise to a player that old, despite how hard he has worked for you. It's just bad luck for him honestly that he isn't 33 and can get one final large raise. What if his legs fall apart this season, after all, father time has never been defeated. I'd be hesitant as well.

Danuel House can **** off. He has maturity issues that have been stated by @Nook several times and they appear to be true. He couldn't even keep it in his pants and it ****ed the Rockets over in the playoffs. So **** him. Don't give a **** what role he thinks he should be playing, but he isn't that damn good to be demanding more shots.

Some of you need to stop buying into the Harden hate by the media. Yeah he could always be a better leader, take criticism better, etc but blowing it up should not be an option when you know damn well Tilman is in charge and he is going to **** it up from here on out. Instead enjoy Harden's last few years if he is sticking with us and let's continue enjoying possibly being contenders another year.

Houtho, Rashmon, Bo6 and 3 others like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

“James Harden, as great as he is - one of the three greatest players in NBA history without a ring, one of the four most gifted natural scorers in the history of the NBA - does not play well with others. Especially if the others are other guys that are eventually going to be in the Hall of Fame. Dwight Howard played with him for three years and grew to hate it. Some of that was on Dwight. Chris Paul played with him for two years and didn’t seem to enjoy it all that much. Now Russell Westbrook, who is one of his closest friends in the world who has played with him for one year and is like “Yeah love you James but this might not be what’s for me.” I don’t think James Harden is going to change. He’s had too much individual success to think he needs to change. He’s had back to back seasons that are two of the highest scoring seasons of the last 50 years. He believes what I do works, I’m the best player on every team I’m on. He believes I’m the best player in the NBA, why would I change? I don’t blame Russ for saying “This isn’t that much fun to be Diana Ross and The Supremes and be one of the Supremes. I can be Diana Ross too. I was once upon a time.” Westbrook is having the same realization that any particular perimeter based superstar would have, which is this ain’t that much fun.”

“I don’t think the Rockets are going to move Harden. They don’t have their first round picks in 2024, 2025 or 2026. If you were gonna trade Harden, you need to be sure you’re going to be back to at least a playoff level team quickly. Second, James Harden is beloved there and he loves it there. The night life scene there, there might not be a better night life scene for Harden than the City of Houston. I don’t think Harden wants to leave. Problem is, can you find enough pieces or another piece around him that wants to play with him in order to contend for something other than the 2nd round.”

-Nick Wright

Amel and Vivi like this.
  19. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

When a team plays well everybody sacrifices their “issues”. Westbrook single handedly destroyed our chemistry, he just wasn’t the right fit! I believe we will get back to playing well. We just need to get some good contributors to the team in return.

Emajam&hardle likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Surround James with lights out shooters and a big who can play above the rim.

daywalker02 likes this.