1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 11, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Because I didnt realize how unhappy so many of our prominent players were about things. Some of their complaints are stupid though. Harden came off pretty bad, but Im not going full he's to blame either. These other guys didnt produce when given their chance.

2. DaneB

DaneB Member

This culture he is asking for is exactly want Jimmy Butler was looking for when he went to Miami. As soon as he knew it didn’t exist in Houston, is probably when he started ghosting Harden.

I think the chemistry was just complete garbage last season. Our players are coming to terms with the idea that their championship window is narrowing and they need to do something before it’s too late. If we blow it up, I really feel for Silas. I think he should be given a chance to do so,etching with this group before we start burning it down.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Second worst ..... behind the Texans.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Did Oladipo? Did Sabonis? Did pg13? Did Ibaka? Did reggie jackson? oh wait they all left his ass

D-rock and Nook like this.
  5. HardenVolumeOne

The league has had a vendetta againist harden for years. Hell just come and dominate again.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

But there is the thing with that, yea James was selfish, I can admit that. But its hard to listen to Cp3 when he's in and out of the lineup and not playing like we are used to.And then he didnt show up for our Warriors series.

Harden deserves criticism, absolutely. Especially with new info coming out. But like.....at very least, damn Cp3 wasnt complaning in 2017-2018 when he was playing like an all star either.

RyanB likes this.
  7. Homey the Clown

I figured Westbrook would last two years with this team but him wanting out now makes sense. I don't blame him, or anyone else for that matter. It all starts at the top.

raining threes likes this.
  8. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Morey got CP3 here, Harden didn't like him despite him being the right fit. Harden wanted Westbrook. Now Westbrook wants out. I hate saying it but Harden just doesn't know how to win. Trade both and start over.

Dacamel and Downtown Sniper like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

So the Rockets had to trade for Covington to hide just how terrible Westbrook was on defense.

On offense Westbrook was so bad at stretching the defense the team had to trade their center to keep teams from tripling Harden and begging Westbrook to shoot.

James Harden changed his game to let Westbrook play “his way”, and rotations were structured to let Westbrook play like he wanted.

Now Westbrook drops a dime to the Athletic to force a trade, ripping the Rockets as the problem... and saying he wants to “be a floor general again”... no he doesn’t want any accountability and wants to be free to do whatever he wants.... I find it hilarious that Westbrook thinks it is everyone’s fault but his own..... the problem is everyone BUT Westbrook’s.

How did Durant like playing with WB? Oladipo? Did Paul George stick around?

This is headed towards a nasty rebuild but this isn’t Harden’s fault or really even Morey’s.... Ariza, Tucker and Rivers are/were pissed about money... Gordon has always been a turd in the locker room.

Nothing and no one is perfect, but Fertitta and Westbrook are the ones that should be getting crucified.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What have the playoffs got to do with this?

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. Victorious

Victorious Member

All they see is Harden chasing another "star" out of Houston

ROCK3TM4N and HP3 like this.
  12. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

LMAO. Yeah I thought MDA and Morey were the problem?!? Now they leave and the place is a ****show? What a coincidence!

13. Downtown Sniper

I honestly think it's an ego thing stemming from the way America treats their athletes as the greatest humans alive and they're god's gift to the world.

Speaking from experience both playing for a state team and also being involved in the coaching around representative teams here in Australia, the pigeon-holed guys who have one discernible skill do not have the ego where they think they need to do more than what they're good at.

They slot into the team and do the one thing they're asked to do. They don't pout after the game and they don't whinge to anyone who'll listen that they're not asked to bring the ball up the court if they're not a good dribbler. They don't chuck a fit that they're not in for a game deciding possession on the defensive end if they're woeful at moving their feet. They don't cry that they're not asked to tear open a defense when all they can do is catch and shoot from deep.

This isn't a negative post in any way shape or form, rather just an observation and a point of view.

Over here - rugby league is the biggest sport on my side of the country. You have rugby league fans who look up to the players. You have the females who'll do anything they can to sleep with them. And then you'll have the rest of the population who don't watch the sport who'll have absolutely no idea who they are if they were standing behind them at the supermarket. Whereas nearly every single person will know who James Harden is in the United States.

#253 Downtown Sniper, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    Dacamel, daywalker02, pr0wler and 2 others like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

The article also literally says that LOL.

pr0wler likes this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

I love Harden and i'll ride or die with him for however long he continues to be a Rocket.

But his body language and attitude towards teammates on the court is downright disgusting some of the time.

16. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

All 3 other players were the best players on many of their previous teams and were now being asked to clearly be the 2nd best player on the Rockets.

pr0wler likes this.
  17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Would really love it if one of our insiders could chime in. @Nook have you heard anything about how much Russ actually wants out or James for that matter?

18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I didn’t say the team was a laughingstock, I said the roster is. This roster sucks. It worked for D’Antoni’s system, but he’s gone now. For most other coaches, and by “most” I mean almost “all” other coaches, this group isn’t exactly ideal. It’s probably the most specialized group of players I’ve ever seen. That’s not bad if you’re going to try to do the same thing again, but how long do you really think they plan on doing that? They’re going to change systems, and when they do this group ain’t gonna cut it. Morey knows that, so he bounced, and he’s looking smarter and smarter for it by the minute.

Dacamel, D-rock and YOLO like this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Yes thank goodness! Cant wait til harden requests a trade